Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wilcap Company

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by INVISIBLEKID, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Just some positive feedback for Wilcap. I ordered an adapter and thought(but you know how that goes) I knew what I needed/thought. I was asked specific Q's,car it was going in,and what i was running. I thought they were very informative/helpfull. Intructions/tech sheet is top notch.Piece(s) is top also. Quoted a build date,and delivered if on or not before that time.
    Just giving a POSITIVE review,and would recommend,at least by my experience.

2. 94hoghead

94hoghead

Wow! A positive review! That's a switch. The trash talking gets old. Nice change.

3. 29AVEE8

29AVEE8

Many famous names associated with Wilcap. Capana, Red Wilson, Al Sharp.... Patrick McGuire is a really good guy and their stuff is top notch.

4. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Wish he would reply to my email about an adaptor price.
    Seems he must be too busy.

5. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Some companies have a hard time answering emails, so I just call them. A lot of these are small operations and the guy is in the shop making stuff, or not computer literate,

Here is Wilcaps phone number, I bet you get your answer and maybe some more info you didn't think to ask.

Don

(805) 481-7639

6. seabeecmc

seabeecmc
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I "realize" someone just had to add a negative comment. Ron

7. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Negative? Since when are facts negative?

I've used Pat with great success- the product he puts out is first class.

...but, Pat isn't there as often as he used to be, and can be very hard to get a hold of. He did the adapter for FlatCad racing, and now I'm working with him for an adapter for Palle Johansson.

Fiftyv8, be patient, and relentless- he will come through, but it will take a while, if it's a custom adapter.

8. drfreeze

drfreeze

Yes hard to get a hold of but well worth the wait !!! A+ products....just my .02

9. Weasel

Weasel

And Pat does some really oddball stuff too. It may take a while but he comes through so patience and persistence are the key. He did a T5/TKO adapter to Ferrari Dino V6 for me where nobody else would....

10. THEKID49

THEKID49

Pat was very helpfull in making my adapter. I put a Muncie behind a 308 Hudson. Everything worked perfect. He was super helpfull, and took the time to answer any of my stupid questions.

11. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Another + for Pat. He was really great to work with for me a few years back. I only spoke to him on the phone a few times, but seemed like a super nice guy and very helpful and patient working out a custom odd ball setup. I'd go with him again in a second without even thinking about it. Yeah, use the phone, it's traditional.

12. metalman

metalman

We got a Hemi adapter from him recently, came when promised and really quality stuff. I'd have no problem using Pat again or recomending them.
    Surprised no one pointed out it's Wilcap and not Wilcamp like the thread title.
    As far as answering e-mails, gee, maybe he's like a lot of us older guys and don't like emails, text messages, ect. Give me a phone and let me talk to a person!

13. My bad- WILCAP! And i'm a sucker for pronunciation!

14. D ROD

D ROD
    from New Jersey

One of the smoother transactions during my build. I purchased a set of re-pop Sharp heads that were delivered on time with no hassles.

I would highly recommend doing business with Wilcap!!!

Attached Files:

• 112.JPG
      112.JPG
      File size:
      295.6 KB
      Views:
  15. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Fix it for ya buddy.

I will give my addition kudos and praise to Pat and Wilcap...Both my cars have ALL his products and I will continue to be a loyal Customer.
    Great service and a WEALTH of Knowledge.
    He stands by his product and I have always been treated very square with his customer service.
    And yes.... he is a very extremely BUSY fella.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  16. 39 All Ford

39 All Ford
    from Benton AR

Another A+here. I am using a Wilcap product for my Lincoln Y Block to GM adapter (THM350) in my 55 Lincoln, Great service, great product, at a more than fair price IMO.

17. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

I was being kind, you want -ve I can sure help you out with that.
    Ive had the run around from this guy before, sure he makes a great product so I am told but I never seem to be able to get past phone calls, so I figured I should try emailing instead this last time.

I tried doing the flathead cadillac stuff with him several years ago and yes, I clocked up hours on the phone to him with promises and commitments that were never delivered on.

Surely, a comment as long as it is honest and relevant is acceptable to keeping the balance of this or any other discussion.

I am betting there are others out there who have similar stories to tell.
    My version of the experience I've had is entitled to be aired.
    There maybe others detered from commenting if they feel folks are going to jump on them, but not me...

If he is that damn good why I am complaining???

18. aerorocket

aerorocket
    from N.E. P.A.

I had the same dealings with Pat as you; phone call after phone call, promise after promise. I was persistant however as he had my money and I was 3000 miles away. It took way over a year to get my parts and at the time it was very frustrating to say the least. Now the positive- the custom machine work on the adapter,when it finally arrived, was excellent.

19. Those folks at WILCAP were great to work with. They supplied me an adapter for my 8BA to a T5 that used the stock clutch pedal on my '50 Merc. They steered me in the right direction on bellhousing selection ('51 Merc cast iron bellhousing). I would have spend days trying to figure out a solution and Pat had it off the top of his head. There is a lot of knowledge in that organization. I would definitely use them again on future projects.

20. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wilcap and Pat McGuire RULE! I've had nothing but good service and great quality products from him. I even had an oversight one time with the offset of a flywheel and he offered to fix it for me. I will ONLY buy from Pat unless he simply doesn't have the adapter or setup that I need. He builds quality stuff, Wilcap has been around for a long time. AND! Pat is a HAMBer.

My only advice to anyone considering Wilcap is to CALL THEM! He WILL answer your email, but he gets really busy out in the shop making product so it might take awhile. Also expect that it might take a few extra weeks to get your product because he usually makes it when you order it. It's worth the wait!!!

That's my review and my experience and I recommend them to everyone.

Can't comment on complaints about waits that add up to A YEAR (that's a bummer for sure), but I've had nothing but good experiences and lots of good help on drive-line problems and solutions.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  21. Probably not negative at all, depends on if he has a heart condition and is real poor or not. :D

I have heard a lot of good about Wilcap, I haven't used them yet but trust me if there is anything negative to say about someone I have probably heard it and I haven't heard a thing negative about wilcap. Everyone that I know that has used their product has been pleased.