Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Color photos of '63-'65 Rivieras

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Richard D, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Still haven't decided...

2. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

let me throw this out there.
    Silver, but paint the top Black that has heavy silver flake in it. I'm talking the HEAVY flake. With the black paint with heavy silver flake in it it should look like a dark grey from a distance and really complement the body being silver.

Just what I picture in my head man!

3. Theo Douglas

Theo Douglas

I have nothing to say--except that I LOVE '63-'65 Rivieras! Great cars, all of them.

Good luck with your paintjob.

4. shop rag

shop rag

5. shop rag

shop rag

6. Not a bad idea. I was looking at my buddy's '72 Chevy truck today, original metalic copper paint, that may look cool. Or fake patina like all the cool kids!:rolleyes:

7. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

WOW exactly like I envisioned in my head!!! Make the black some stupid heavy flaked black and rock that shit out, that is one smooth panty dropped roller right char'

8. Just drinkin beer at two in the mornin', lookin' at all the cool Rivis; I'm on the fence with keeping her silver, or goin' gold, but I gotta get the Supremes fo' sho'!

9. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

10. sylvian

sylvian
    Member Emeritus
    from Burbank

Mine is basic black but the blue one below was at the GNRS and the color was hard to beat...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. gmartin73

gmartin73

man you guys sure know how to torture a newb. i love the rivs especially the ones with slammed with supremes on them, gotta get me one.

12. I had a 65 until last year that was Charcoal grey metallic. Shaved the antenna only.
    I had pin-stripes and scallops on mine but now when I look back on it I realize that it didn't need any of that shit. You mentioned your tastes are a little more subtle. Well you couldn't have picked a better car for subtle customization. I'd avoid two tones or stripping of any kind. I personally think heavy metalflaked roofs -while cool -- is gilding the Lily. Keep it clean, get it low and put period wheels on it. Buick wires or Supremes. Viola. The stock interior is a work of art form the factory. My .02.

13. The dark blue that Riviera offered in 65 was a beautifual color and I had a Rivieara with the Skylark wheels and it was a beautifual car. Wish I had a picture.

14. chuckw2

chuckw2
    from So Cal

I've posted this one before but it's worth repeating. From RT66 2009. It just glowed in the sun-beautiful.

Attached Files:

15. alexp36

alexp36

I guess it's about a 66, but this colour looks nice:
    [​IMG]

16. alexp36

alexp36

And here's the back:
    [​IMG]

17. You read my fuckin' mind. I keep swaying back to the factory silver and supremes. Definitively gonna have supremes. The car already has the "custom" upholstery option from the factory, the electric seats and windows still work, etc...
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

18. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

Heres mine

Attached Files:

19. This is the same car as the earlier post that was light blue with a dark blue top and bellflowers as it sits now after we painted it.

Attached Files:

20. OhioRiv

OhioRiv

Not crazy about this color, but I saved this picture off of another thread just because I liked the way he had it paneled.
    Supremes or Buick wires are a given (They even make the old Tru-Spokes again, which would look almost equally cool).

Attached Files:

21. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Oh yeah!!!!
    This car is almost perfect.....a little purple fogging along the bottom with a purple 'flaked and laced roof and it'd be my dream Rivi....

Pink rules....but most guys are too MACHO to run it.....pussies....haha..
    Silver is sooooo boring......every other new car on the road is silver.....

22. Janne

Janne

One more black, not photo though.
    [​IMG]

23. prostreeter

prostreeter
    from dunkirk,ny

have my 3rd riviera 63 and love it. don't know how to send pic. but i'll learn

24. Jettback50

Jettback50

The top one is my former tunneled kustom. I called it Black Razzel-cherry, silver base with just enough deep tinted clear. I would shine up just about a mile deep.

Attached Files:

25. Jettback50

Jettback50

If I do it again I think I'd go with the Steel or Ice Blue.

Attached Files:

26. Jettback50

Jettback50

Or RED. Yawn.

27. BinderRod

BinderRod

28. bb1970

bb1970

29. hitman912

hitman912
    BANNED

So what did you choose?