Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rolling Jacks for 4 post lift

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Marcosmadness, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Marcosmadness

Marcosmadness
    from California

Most of the companies that make 4 post lifts also make rolling jacks for those lifts. The rolling jacks seem to fall into two basic categories, manual or air over hydraulic and then into various capacities. I would like to hear from those of you that have bought the rolling jacks for their lifts. Are they as useful as they seem like they would be? Are you glad your bought them? I have an Eagle 4 post lift and am thinking about buying a rolling jack for it... I almost bought a rolling jack at the last Good Guy show and should have as I could have saved the shipping charges (approximately 350 pounds). But the rolling jacks are not cheap with prices starting at $550 for the manual style and going rapidly up. As I said, I would like to hear from those of you that have already "taken the plunge". I sure am getting tired of jacking up the car with a scissor jack on a wood plank between the rails... but I am not sure that I am $550 worth of tired.

2. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

my direct lift came with them, my first use for the lift was to use it to lift projects to a mezzanine, so i needed it to be moveable. im pretty indescisive on where i would want to bolt it down so it leaves my options open.

3. rcr81

rcr81

I bought a manual one for my lift. I was like you, I had a hard time justifying the price, but it's a whole bunch easier trying to jack a car up leaving more energy for working on it. I have a tighter energy budget at my age than than financial...LOL

4. Dadstoy 2

Dadstoy 2

I bought the manual rolling jack with my Direct Lift. Works great. Throw them wood blocks out.

5. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

You are talking about the caster kit, right? Thats a different accessory than the rolling jack.

6. darkk

darkk

I have the rolling jack for our Bend Pak lift. They are a bit heavy to roll even with the wheels. You won't use it often, but when you do, it's well worth the money spent. I would buy the manual pump one and buy an air hydraulic pedal for it later. It's much cheaper that way. The one we bought was no where near $550.....it was air/hydraulic and cost around $1400. Very very handy when you need a jack. You don't need the heaviest jack either. 4500 lbs is plenty unless you have a very heavy vehicle. You're only lifting one end at a time anyways.