Register now to get rid of these ads!

4 link kit price shopping

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 123, Sep 12, 2011.

1. 123

from Seattle

Here is what I'm looking for...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Air-...Accessories&hash=item1e5f4dc625#ht_1289wt_783

It is going in my daily driver O.T. 69 D100 pick up.

I can't seem to find info on this kit like how long the bars are. I have 36" from the center of the axle to the farthest mounting point on the frame.

Just seeing if there are any dealers on here that can get it or a comparable kit for any cheaper? If not I will get the kit on ebag.

2. EnragedHawk

EnragedHawk
    from Waco, TX

That doesn't sound like a bad price to me for a 4-link, but you could probably piece one together for less.

3. 123

from Seattle

Kind of what I was thinking. I started to piece one together and the amount that I would save I would rather just spend to have it all in one package.

4. I_am_who_I_am

I_am_who_I_am

Check with Welder Series, they are an Alliance Vendor and make great products.

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

5. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Add the coilovers and you're talking the same price for most of the kits out there.

6. 123

from Seattle

Going with bags & shocks. I will fab up my own bag mounts, all I want is the 4 link it ready to go.

7. 123

from Seattle

8. Try streetrodgarage.com they are nice people with a great product

9. 69fury

69fury

10. I_am_who_I_am

I_am_who_I_am

I am using the welder series triangulated 4 link on the rear of my '57 Suburban, but I ended up making a wishbone for the top links. There's a video on the welder series website on their step notch page. I would recommend any of their products.

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

11. WelderSeries

WelderSeries
    Alliance Vendor

Hi 123... if you have any questions about our parts, please give us a call toll-free: 1-888-648-2150 or message me. Hope we can help with your project.

Thanks
    dw

12. You may have to change your avatar? ;):rolleyes::D

13. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

Used the welders series on my 37 Ford. Piece of Cake.! Highly recommended.

14. cain

cain
    from riverside

Have you ever considered a 2 link , check out
    you tube
    jimenez bros customs

15. 1934coupe

1934coupe

You could not pay me the 200. plus dollars to make the brackets let alon supply the restof the stuff. I've drilled a lot of holes and its time for me, to have them drilled for me. Although I would go with S&W the Jegs stuff is made in China.

Pat

16. 123

from Seattle

I try to avoid Jegs and Summit as much as I can. As far as I'm concerned, they killed all the local speed shops that were full of real car guys that knew what they were talking about!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  17. 123

from Seattle

I have been emailing back and forth today with Paul at http://www.welderseries.com and I have decided on what i am going to order tomorrow.

I am getting this kit (welded with big bushings)....
    http://www.welderseries.com/blog/online ... universal/

with these air bag brackets substituted for the shock brackets (welded with big bushings)...
    http://www.welderseries.com/blog/online ... ng-4-link/

a pair of lower shock brackets...
    http://www.welderseries.com/blog/online ... unt-lower/

and their universal panhard bar kit (not welded)...
    http://www.welderseries.com/blog/online ... rsal-rear/

They give you the option of getting the parts pre-welded by them or welding them yourself. I decided to get most of it pre-welded just to save time on my end. If I wasn't up against a deadline (it's my daily driver and we are going to paint/flake it in the next few weeks) I would weld it all my self.

18. 69fury

69fury

:confused:Not sure what holes you are speaking of. If you say Competition Engineering is made in China, then ok.

What "other stuff" do you need? I guess a guy could buy a kit with a crossmember, if he didn't want to source his own, and he was gonna make his own bag mounts so the coilover mounts aren't needed.

19. 123

from Seattle

Talked to Paul and ordered the parts this morning!

20. 1934coupe

1934coupe

I was refering to the 14 holes in each bracket and the 3" or 3-1/2" rear end hole. And a lot of Jegs branded items are made in China, not all, they will say "made in the USA" when American made.

Pat

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  21. 69fury

69fury

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about- You do realize the holes are already drilled for you, right? It's not $200 for paper cutting templates... Everything in that picture is what I just received this spring. Just like that. Good rod ends included.

I'm not sure if you actually looked at the link i posted, but it's not the Jegs universal 4-link kit- it's from Competition Engineering. I didn't ask them if they were made in China, but I did speak with someone at CE and they had told me when they were gonna drop-ship it from them to me.

rick

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011