Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects I got a minibike project today......need some help.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RoadFarmer, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Since last years LSRU I've been wanting to find a minibike to fix up for the minibike races. I found one today at the Amarillo swap meet.
    Any of you minibike guys know of some good sources for parts/websites? It pretty much needs everything.
    Also anybody know what kind mine is? Couldn't find any marking on it.
    ( I'll be posting some pics in a minute )

Last edited: Sep 10, 2011
  2. Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

Attached Files:

3. metalix_421

metalix_421

dont know what it is but its SWEET.

4. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

5. modelacrazy

modelacrazy

Try Azusa, that's the name of the company in Cali. I've ordered parts from them before for mine. They have a weird form to fill out for credit card orders but the guy I talked to was very helpful.

6. try American Power Sports (apskarting.com)

Lots of 4/ Briggs racing. Also try Bobs 4 cycle karting forums, (4cycle.com) lots of good racing info there, and online stores that handle equipment.

Years ago my 8 YO wanted to start racing karts. We visited several lawnmower shops and picked up core motors for next to nothing. Most only had the flywheel keys sheared off and the timing prevented them from running.

John

7. Jack60

Jack60
    from Maryland

About 37+ years ago where my wife was pregnant for the first time. She came home with a doll and I came home with a mini bike....:D
    Ah, the good old days........

8. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

AZUZA enginering covina calif

They have everthing you need

9. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Two web sights you need to know about... oldminibkes.com and minidoodle.com. Both have tons of scans of manufacturer brochures to help figure out what you have. Someone mentioned the local lawn mower shop for engines, I'm gonna suggest uncontained trash pickup weekend and just looking through local Craig's list for tillers... I have picked up tons of engines for free.

10. BinderRod

BinderRod

Northern tool will have most of the parts to make a runner

11. Willy301

Willy301

If your planning to race it, might look into some of those carting sites or check Jegs for the Briggs and Stratton Raptor engine, it is a 5 hp with attitude, they use them on the Jr Jegster dragsters for the teenagers... Just a thought

12. Blacklisted

Blacklisted

Cool project, keep the updates coming.

13. fitty_2

fitty_2

5 hp with an attitude is right!

14. Jake D 56

Jake D 56

OMB.com ..... Their forum is to mini bikes what the HAMB is to hot rods. For real, there's A LOT of guys on there that REALLY know their stuff and they have a section of the forum strictly for "what is it?" bikes. And the OMB warehouse will have most, if not all of what you'll need parts-wise.

15. Sweet project

16. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

OLDMINIBIKES.COM helped me quite a bit on my minibike build.
    before
    [​IMG]
    AFTER
    [​IMG]

17. derbydad276

derbydad276

18. ok....well i got a bunch of parts in the mail the last couple days....new wheels, engine, controls, brakes, and tires. I have a drum brake set up, but I have no idea how to mount it to the frame. Some directions I found online showed that I need a special "conduit" clamp to clamp onto the frame, then run a bolt to the two fingers on the brake housing to keep it from rotating....
    Anyone know where I'd be able to find something like that?

I got the frame all wire wheeled down to bare metal and shot some primer on it for now too.

19. jipp

jipp

i haves 11hp engine brand new waiting for something like this one day :)

i havea bad left leg tho that only bends about 40 degrees.. so mini bikes are not a option.. you guys get to have all the fun :D
    chris.

20. Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

Attached Files: