Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello from Northwest NJ

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Jaronimo, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Jaronimo

Jaronimo

I have been lurking for a week or so and like what I see! Looking forward to a long run at this site. I currently have two classic vehicles, a 57 Chevy Belair hardtop and a 64 Impala convertible. The 64 is begrudgingly being sold so I can free up some room to work on vehicles. My two car garage is a little too tight to fit two cars, tools, kids stuff, and still have room to do what needs to be done. I thought about getting rid of some of my four sons, but the wife did not think that was a good idea, so the Impala has to go.

I will post pics this week.

My plans for the Belair are many. So far I have installed front disc brakes, because I drive a little fast and need all the help I can get to keep from hitting anything. I installed a 350 engine and 4 speed tranny. I tore out the old wires and partially installed new wiring harnesses, aftermarket stuff, not original. I cut the closing trunk mechanism out of an old Lincoln town car and installed it in my trunk because I like the way you close the trunk and then the motor grabs the trunk lid and powers it down the last couple of inches. I know, thats pretty classy!

I have many visions of hand fabbed parts along with lots of aluminum parts that need to be welded. I love welding and want to get much better at it, so practice makes perfect. But I also love the looked of welded aluminum parts. Sounds weird right? Probably stems from one of my many traumatic childhood experiences.

Anyway, its good to be here.

2. farmer12

farmer12

Nice intro, welcome from the Netherlands!

3. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Welcome. See ya around. Look forward to some photos. Slim

4. Jaronimo

Jaronimo

Thanks. I will get pics up shortly as i expect to be using my main computer soon. Been using my ipad lately because it is easier due to being without power for 7days, thanks Irene. Then having flooding issues in the basement, where my desk and computer reside. Got the water issues wrapped up yesterday, dehumidifier running full time, hope to be back in my office soon...

5. brushape

brushape

Hello from Missouri can't wait to see sum pics when you dry out

6. D ROD

D ROD
    from New Jersey

Welcome from southern Monmouth!!!

7. Jaronimo

Jaronimo

Took a few pics of the Belair. Will post more as I progress. The Impala was picked up today, so I now have room to work in my garage. I am excited!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. shoeless

shoeless
    from SoCal

Welcome jaronimo, from a fellow n00b