Register now to get rid of these ads!

•••HotRod HoeDown and Rock-n-Roll Rumble•••

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Slim Pickens, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Killer day in Oakford, PA. Thanks to Scott and The Professor. Great day. Great cars. The best people. Fantastic music on two stages. I am sure the after dark scene will be great but we hit the road before the vampires came out. Ran into Hot Rod Jen, Spike, Christine, Jack Thomas, Eddie and Lyle. Jay and his family. I saw Cousin Brucie but he was on a mission so I didn’t get to talk. And my favorite folks from Jersey. Dave, Cowboy Vinnie and Teddy P. But the real cool thing was having Model A Keith and his wife Dorothy who were on holiday from England join Sherri and I for a very cool road trip.
    Slim

Please use this link to my photos. Thanks

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rtoonkel/sets/72157627516468419/

HRJen!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  2. USA Tires Sign Joe

USA Tires Sign Joe
    from Western NJ

Great time back at the UGH! Good thing as Adventureland was under water this year...

3. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Rich......wish you had caught up to me and said *Hello*........sorry I missed seeing you.......was I *that* focused?? :^)

CB

4. George T G

George T G

I thought there was less to see and do than last year. Guess the weather scared some off and flooding stoped others. My friend almos shit when they asked him for $20 to get in and he was only a pass. I guess that is why I saw people doing U-turns at the gate.

5. teddyp

teddyp

great shows was good to see you slim and alot of other hamber,s it was a good run for my new y-block in the old 58 great to have it back on the road

6. 40LUV

40LUV
    from Mid Jersey

Here are a few more pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. 40LUV

40LUV
    from Mid Jersey

And these...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Some cool cars there. I like the radically altered hemi coupe.

9. Another fun time at the Hoedown, lots of cool cars, the rain held off, and got to hang out with a bunch of HAMBers. Thanks to the Professor, Scott, and the crew.

10. Any more pics/info on the red F1? It's great!

11. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

great photos Slim!!!! i didnt get to see 80% of them b/c i was painting all day, great coverage :)

12. Mark T

Mark T

Too many rat rods and a $20 entrance fee, this show is going down hill.

13. Nice! Thanks for sharing.

Klaus

14. Seriously Mark, why don't you say what you really think!

15. Mark, if you were watching when you came in there was a sign that said the HRHD was the "ratrod nationals", people don't go to that show to look at muscle cars or goldchainer street rods.....but I agree that $20/person is way to steep for that show. A friend came with his wife and was really unhappy, aka pissed, that he had to pay $40.00 to get in.

16. Back in '04 and '05 it was $10 for the day and the car show. then the music at night was another $10, so all in all the price haven't gone up in 6-7 years. It was back in the Kahuna days where the owners of Kahunaville paid for the music, but today the Professor probably have to pay for everything and to make it easier on himself I guess he decided to have one price for the whole Saturday instead of splitting it up. I guess it sucks if you don't wanna see the music, but then again 8 bands (according to the flyer) and one of them from out of the country, can't be cheap! It might just be me, but I think it's a fair price and I miss the days where I could just take a drive on a weekend in September, and enjoy good company, nice cars,cool people and some rockin' tunes to top it all off.
    Keep up the good work Professor!

17. George T G

George T G

I am sure there were lots like me that didn't spend 5 min with the bands. $10 to get in and have the bands in a different area and charge extra to get in there would have been better. $20 and not even a "bag". Maybe an extra $5 for my passanger ok. We drove too far to turn around at the gate.

18. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

I thought the HAMB was anti Rat...

19. BigDaddySteamRoller

BigDaddySteamRoller
    from Phila, PA

It was worth the 30.00 ( vendor charge ) just to have an audience with Cuzin Brucie....

20. Mark T

Mark T

Thank you Bubba.

The only reason I go is to meet with friends and to see the HAMB friendly cars.

I sure as hell wouldn't drive as far as many who attended, this show is 10 minutes from my house.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  21. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

always got to be some people that complain .
    the professor works his tail off for this show. the prices were listed on the hoedowns website . $20 isnt bad for what the show is the insurance alone i bet is a pretty penny from what i saw running around painting and going up and down the hill there were plenty of non "rat rod" cars there which i bet out numbered the rat rods . the show has always been about the cars and the music ! just like the road agents show was and a specator had to pay $18 or $20 i forget and that show was smaller . if you dont want to pay extra for going to a show with bands theres plenty of them out there . im happy this show is around i have a good time at it maybe thats because i dig the music, cars and seeing people i only get to see once a year and meeting new people like mr j and joe sulpy that made the show for me meeting the both of them .
    thank you Hotrod Hoedown

22. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Thanks HRJen. Hey I understand the deal. Money is money. But it must cost a big dime to put on a TWO day show with Non-stop music. And it’s vital that folks keep coming to ANY show. I plan all my free time around going to SHOWS. Some are free and well ya gotta pay for some. And as far as the rr issue. Do what I do. Keep walking, cause you will see BAD ASS stuff like this for sure. See ya at a show soon. Slim

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

20 is too steep for any show,I heard they had to pay the bands,15 of them ...Alot of guys didnt want to part with 20 .Hell the the Jalopy showdown is only 10.00 and bigger and cooler,I had a great time ran into a few hambers ,Talked to Brucie ,And Mark ,Drank a few beers,Went home and took a nap,And went back for an hour at night,After wetsanding some area 's on my frame.............................

24. Fifty5C-Gas

Fifty5C-Gas

Agreed......

Thats why I stay away, in just sayin..

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! This was a joke, right??

The road agents show may have been smaller, but the quality of the cars at the HRSD dont compare..I'll pay a little extra any day for top quality, i.e Lead East..

25. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Aw, Steve......the honor was all mine.....I just wish you had something to sell that I couldn't live without! All I need is this damn gas tank for my Fiddy One Victrola to arrive so I can wreck my back installing it........I'm so old......

It was, indeed, a pleasure to see you and shoot the shit awhile, BigDaddy.....always is....

CB

26. teddyp

teddyp

if i had only had 3 shows that i could go to a year it would be lead east, hrhd,and the rumbers in brookyln great cars, great bands, and great people and terry and linda, the rumber,s and scott and the prof. all work hard to put on the east coast greatest shows you get what you pay for

27. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

Soooooooooooooooo Pissed I didnt make it! Thanks for the pic's Slim! On the good side I got the doors for my 28 sedan yesterday and chopped and hung them today.

28. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Great pics as usual !

29. Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  30. For specatators Rumblers show was FREE, this one $20, if you did both your average was $10, not a bad deal.