Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help!!!!! Cars going to paint and i cant pick a color

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by EasyBake, Sep 9, 2011.

1. EasyBake

EasyBake
    from Bedford IN

bright yellows got to go!!!! my 21 bucket is getting painted next week and i cant make my mind up on a color? if you could have any color or paint job what would it be??? i am leaning towards a rootbeer kinda color! any cool ideas yall have wanted to try out??? pics always help!!!

Attached Files:

2. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

[​IMG]

Mr Weesner I find is the best inspiration..

3. chaddilac

chaddilac

Do some flake!!!!!

4. hitman912

hitman912
    BANNED

5. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

I think it might look pretty good brown. I like the brown metallic on my 78 Bronco, but I also like the rootbeer color on the brand new Ford Explorer.

Then again, I think the car might look good black.

As long as you are asking for opinions, you are mixing a lot of build styles there. I would lose the cowl tachometer, the race car style tall breather, the goofy character on the wingnut, and just get back to simple basics of a vintage car. With the simple setup of suspension, grille, headlamps and wheel tire choice, the car would just come across a ton better. Just suggestions, don't take offense!

6. davidbistolas

davidbistolas

or you could choose 'yellow' and have it back from paint REALLY quick.

7. swimeasy

swimeasy

Always heard that green is bad luck. May just be a West Texas thing!

8. You're over-thinking it. You're going to make yourself crazy painting it a color that someone else likes. :rolleyes:

But if you really want to tone it down from the yellow, I got three words for you.

Steel City Gray. :cool:

9. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Yeah green is supposed to be bad luck on a race car, but I think that car might look sweet with a weekend makeover including painting the frame and wheels a gloss vanilla shake color (something like the vanilla white on an early 2000's Pt cruiser) and do the body in a crisp metallic green. Several different shades would work well and if you were careful picking the colors the natural brown interior would still tie in nicely.

I would probably drop the headers down into more of a conventional 4 into one with a very brief side pipe or even consider running the exhaust under the car.

A vintage style finned aluminum "surfer" open front scoop would look good as would the loss of those yellow plug wires.

Isn't it great how easy it is to spend someone else's money!?!?!

10. Sixcarb

Sixcarb
    from North NJ

Any customer can have a car painted any colour that he wants so long as it is black.

11. saw a new ford today a very cool color gold metallic.

12. 296ardun

296ardun

light green/silver metallic

13. EasyBake

EasyBake
    from Bedford IN

ha yeah thats an oldler pic the holes from the tach are getting filled in when it get painted, and i have a 3 carb set up on the way!!!

14. Castro

Castro

Gold. That's probably what I'm going to go with on mine, I love my daily driver 76 C10's factory gold color. Here's a pic I found online of someone's ride, I think it looks great.[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2011
  15. Waffle

Waffle

i would do a copper color with some black

16. Bilt

Bilt

Like these guys said

Attached Files:

17. blue with flames:rolleyes:. seriously tho i actually like it yellow, IMO a t bucket needs a colour that stands out like white balls on a black dog

18. I like any color as long as it's black.
    Hmm, I wonder who else said that.;)

19. boldventure

boldventure

[​IMG]

Maybe a couple of shades darker than this. Yeah it's an OT/VW but it's what I found quickly JUST for the color idea...

Last edited: Sep 10, 2011
  20. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

I like black but there's a really nice rootbeer color on the toyota venza now that I was considering for mine. it's spendy from the paint shop--but your car's much smaller than mine.

21. skoh73

skoh73

Here's my idea. Although I messed up the pipes- haven't 'shopped in a while, still shakin' off the rust- sorry. With that color interior you need to stick with a color that will compliment it IMHO.
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

22. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Hey what that guy said about dog balls. A bucket needs a COLOR! What we used to call "competition orange" might be good with that interior. Mac trucks of the '50s and '60s had a kool orange. But don't paint it brown.

23. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

You know, that pearl orange color as photoshopped in above might look pretty cool. A brighter version of your brown idea, but still more subtle than yellow. And cool on the planned changed losing the tach and gaining some carbs. Nice.

24. paint it neon maroon....

25. EasyBake

EasyBake
    from Bedford IN

I really like that orange color above!! i also might like a pagan gold anyone fell like trying the pagan gold on photoshop???

26. beast460

beast460

it's your ride. if you like root beer go for it. i've been trying to decide what color to paint my old f 100 and now you have me thinking about a metallic root beer. if you could get a tiny bit of green in the flake that would look really good.

27. painterjohn

painterjohn

purple.. big flake

28. beast460

beast460

actually the green wouldn't work. i just looked at some stuff online and everything i pull up is more orange than i imagined. if it were a dark root beer the green flake might work but if you're leaning toward the orange side it wouldn't.

29. indyjps

indyjps

I like the brown idea, needs lots of flake/ pearl to be right though. to keep costs down look at some factory single stage metallic colors from the 70's when brown used in every car line.

Anyone done brown with a maroon metallic in it?

30. ferrets bueller

ferrets bueller
    from NW Indiana

i like your idea of rootbeer.