Register now to get rid of these ads!

Extreme bondo

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stevechaos13, Mar 4, 2011.

1. jipp

jipp

you know that scares me simply because my dad bought a new ford f250 eco boost for his retirement present. anyhow, the truck had a scratch on the roof. so when they went to sign the paper work they brought it up so it could be fix.. the guy said you do not need to get it fix no one will see it on the roof.. my dad did not like this guys answer for a new truck.. anyhow.. after he said no i want it fixed. he finally agreed.. well it was in the body shop for two weeks, when he got it back he noticed even a bigger scratch in the roof and also the along the door and the mirror.. hell it went into the body shop in better shape.. so after a second attempt at the body shop it appears they fixed it this time with out any more damage im just worried how they fixed it now.. guess ill never know..

chris.

p.s
    they should of kept ludes on the market.. it has to be made of better shit that what meth is made from.. that stuff is scary..

2. painterjohn

painterjohn

man while working in dealership body shops i saw more new cars get totally screwed up before they even had 5 miles on the odometer.. Same dealership a bunch of G30 vans were being unloaded, one of the grunts unhooking chains got the top of his skull knocked off by the differential of a van coming off the top of the transport.. blood and shit splattered all over.. the guy was in a coma for 2 weeks before passing away.. the salesman sold the truck a few days after the accident.. I asked if he told the new owner about what happened.. he said "nope they didnt ask, i dont have to tell them shit"
    Several times i put bedsides on new trucks damaged in shipping (usually because the transport guys slammed it in to the side of the paint booth unloading them) Roof skins, hoods, doors, windows etc etc.. New cars are just as butchered as old ones, only difference is the payments.

3. DEEPNHOCK

DEEPNHOCK

You'ze guys are making me tear up thinking about Boyd Coddington's shop:rolleyes:;)

4. painterjohn

painterjohn

LMAO!!! And Chip Foose.. he is a mud slingin son of a bitch too!

5. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

scary stuff, we used to do this in Ohio too,but only on old beaters that were headed for the scrapper soon anyway, the salt wouldn't make them worth fixing, the bondo,chicken wire,spray foam etc, was just to keep the exhaust and cold out

6. stevechaos13

stevechaos13

I know it's been a long while since I've posted on this, but the Bondo is still there. Frankly I'm afraid to take it all out. From inside the trunk you can tell that the hit was pretty bad. It looks like someone attempted to reskin part of it, but got the contour wrong. The panel they welded in starts behind the rear window and is essentially everything from that point down to about the top of the fender. everything below and behind that is mangled and covered in Bondo.
    The sad part is that the new skin has thicker filler on it than the mangled parts due to the poor fittament of the panel.
    I've decided that the only thing I can do short of finding a donor and cutting off the entire passenger side from the rear door back is to redo what was done, but only better. I've had some success with raising the patch panel up and hammering the high spots and lumps around it down, but it's going to have mud irregardless.
    As for the posts about the bondo usage back in the day, I can attest to that myself. My 49 Plymouth looks perfectly straight, but when I was sanding it down in the front I found a patch of bondo under the headlight on one side. If I hadn't sanded it I would have never noticed it. Thing is it was an OOOLLLLDDDD repair. The paint was the same thickness as the rest of the car and was oxidized in the same manner. The car had been in a barn since the late 60's early 70's I believe. The work was flawless and without hitting it with sandpaper I would have never known...