Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bonneville Git Around Rig's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brigrat, Sep 7, 2011.

1. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Found this little Dune Cycle from the '70z today, thought it would make a great git around rig for Bonneville if I ever make it. Some chrome wheels or moons with a Moon spun tank, maybe a rollbar, would it fit in? Anyone want to share pic's of what is at Bonneville to scoot around on? Thanks

Attached Files:

2. There was something like that in the minibike races at the lonestar roundup

3. jipp

jipp

i had something like this as a kid.. i always assumed it was home made, maybe a company made them? nope to many years have gone by to know it was exactly like the one you have.. i do know it had three wheels and was in the mini bike build/power is all i remember and jumping it.. good times.. that was before i got my first motorcycle.. once i got on two wheels there was no holding back.. had a yz80 as soon as i mowed enough lawns ( heh mom would not buy me such a big bike, so i said id buy it my self.. she did buy me a honda trail tho that was officially my first bike that i learn on then once i saved enough i got the 80.. and mom had a hard time telling me no since she said id have to buy it my self if i wanted one) :D

4. squirrel

squirrel

I used this a couple years ago. works ok, but salt builds up in the fenders

[​IMG]

(check the rules about what you can and cannot drive around in the pits)

5. I used to see those down at Sand Lake, pretty neat. If you go to Bonneville in a wet year bring a snorkel, the water at lands end gets deep.:D

6. jipp

jipp

jim you need one of these terra trikes.. its like riding a hotrod.. being so low to the ground if you pedal hard into the corners you can get a drift going. laughs
    i have a bad leg so i had to get a recumbent to try and help.. hurts like hell to ride but i just man up so i get some exercise. ( also, dont get me started on the price of recubents so damn expensive compared to the two wheel versions.. im not no racer, id be ok with a 10.00 garage bike.. but noo... mumbles.. rant over )

http://i39.tinypic.com/2a5i1pd.jpg

[​IMG]

chris.

Attached Files:

7. cc51

cc51
    from So Cali

I sent this one to Bonneville this year with a friend, I should have been running around there someplace

Attached Files:

8. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Better than walking any day

Attached Files:

• r.jpg
      r.jpg
      File size:
      25.9 KB
      Views:
  9. 50newell

50newell

this little unit got me around for four days & 50 + miles. that was in 2009 & my butt is still sore! MAN IT WAS GREAT!!!

Attached Files:

10. modelAsteve

modelAsteve

Remember- mini bikes, etc. are not permitted!

11. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

If true that puts this thread to rest..................................
    Do they have a rule book for what can be used?

12. mtkawboy

mtkawboy

The problem was little kids riding mini bikes and being places they shouldnt have been. Guys towing cars with ropes couldnt see them. Anything that can be licensed is legal, I asked about a Honda Trail 70 and they Okd it. I use an 82 XL100 Honda myself. Its too far from the north end of the pits to the starting line for anything without an engine for me and it needs to run at least 35 or better and be loadable into a pickup by myself. Ive been going for 27 years and have got my needs down pat by now. Others opinions may vary. Those low profile rigs will get you hurt. Also be advised, the Bubs meet requires a helmet be worn

13. What the kawboy says is true.