Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ford Fairlane thread, anyone?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blades, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

[/quote]

ha ha ha

2. fergus

fergus
    from Nor Cal

Thanks guys. It had better look good...the amount of time we put into that sucker...just on the stainless alone...mind boggling.

3. olskoolcool

olskoolcool
    from colorado

This is a terrible pic, but this last weekend was the first show outing for the '62. Had a blast, but i am chomping at the bit for next week and its first road trip to bonniville!

A buddy with his flathead '47 ford coupe and i are leaving colorado on thursday afternoon if anyone else is going from this area.

Attached Files:

4. olskoolcool

olskoolcool
    from colorado

thrash pics from a week before the show!

out with the wore out 221 and 2spd, in with the rebuilt 302/c4 combo!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  5. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

How did you get that yoke from the C4 to fit in the trans tunnel? Did it have a balancer on it?

6. olskoolcool

olskoolcool
    from colorado

I spaced the rear of the trans crossmember down about 5/8". and it did not have the balancer on it.

7. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Ohhh, I see.

8. wombat barf

wombat barf
    from oklahoma

[​IMG]

well, until my frame patch comes in from Crites my suspension rebuild is pretty much dead in the water. I did trial fit my 'solid' FoMoCo rims with the '59 dog dish caps. I found a flat white that I think will eventually fade to a pretty close match of the roof. I won't be running 14s too long any way. the tires were just some real nice 185/65 14s I had left over from a Datsun project that I figured I'd run until I got the front end aligned and decide what wheels I want to run long term.

9. wombat barf

wombat barf
    from oklahoma

10. wombat barf

wombat barf
    from oklahoma

Oh Tommy! my el cheapo compression tool slipped and my hind-end puckered up and sucked buttermilk - HARD!!! :eek::D

w2zero, yeah, I didn't buy into the whole idea of the new a-arm bit either. I guess some folks do because the lower bushing comes pressed in....? that's the only thing I can figure. the PST bushing I got in my kit is a two piece affair that requires you to reuse the original nacel (metal sleeve) and it really doesn't inspire me with awe but there are millions of them on the road so maybe it's okay.

11. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

I'd leave the 14's. Maybe even 15's. Please no big ass DONK wheels and tires!!!! :D

12. myhot56

myhot56

I hear ford fairlane and im all ears! Ive owned lots of fords,but regret passing on the ones i should have bought,like a 63 fairlane wagon,57 ford fairlane hardtop,and 56 fairlane victoria.But hey, I love my 56 fairlane 4-door just fine! I first saw it when i was 8 yrs. old,and finally bought it at 19.Now, im 34 and theres no way id sell it,sentimental reasons and I know it inside and out,having built and rebuilt it three times. Love it!

13. wombat barf

wombat barf
    from oklahoma

I'm actually having twisted fantasies about some black '65 Galaxie 15 steelies I latched onto last summer. they still bear their original paint and if threw a set of ribbed trim rings, bullet lugs and black walls on 'em.....

14. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Mr.Barf... that my good man is an excellent selection. You may proceed. :rolleyes:

15. w2zero

w2zero
    from Ruston

I think it's because of drilling out the spot welds on the ball joints. The rubber bush is easily gotten rid of with a torch.....just heat up the shell and keep poking the rubber with something and it will eventually get soft where it is bonded to the shell and pop out. I replaced my lower inners with the Energy Suspension polygraphite bushings.

16. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Think it's cool if I start refering to my Fairlane as my bitch?
    That way I can say "gonna go for a cruise with my bitch" or "I love my bitch"

17. Blades, I have a card from a guy that I met from the Retro on Rosco car show, his family has a 1963 Fairlane 4 door with 15,000 miles on it that they want to sell. It's in Wheaton and has original paint. I think he said it was green. Supposedly ran 3 years ago. Need a lot of brake work.

18. Here are a couple of updated pics of my car from last weekend in Salina since I lowered it some and buffed out the original paint.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. olskoolcool

olskoolcool
    from colorado

my 62 on the salt last weekend

Attached Files:

20. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Looks great. I wonder how it would look with the tires and wheels in your avatar

21. Thanks, and I think it would look good, but I would have to buy a different set of wheels since those are Chevy pattern. I do plan to put the Firestones on the car at some point though. I am not a big fan of radials on it, but I can't afford to spend the money on it right now...intake and carbs need to come first.

22. BenDaPirate

BenDaPirate

Here's my 59 that I just got. Looking for all the trim now as it has none. Let me know if anyone has any leads. Thanks.

[​IMG]

23. thishero

thishero

BenDaPirate, super nice Fairlane and a great color, what color is it?

24. luvzccr

luvzccr

oh my god dude i am in love with that '59. excellent color and everything. i was considering that shade of red for my '58, it looks just perfect on that car. more pics please :D

25. thishero

thishero

Stumbled upon a Fairlane club gathering today, here's a few of my favorite.

Attached Files:

26. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

What?! :eek:

Where?! :confused:

Man I wish I was there!:mad:

27. 2dr_sedan

2dr_sedan

28. Red Dragon Racing

Red Dragon Racing
    from Indiana

29. Here's whats in my stable

56 500

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

56 Vicky

[​IMG]

57 500

[​IMG]

57 500 - sold this one

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

30. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Here's a shot of Fuddpucker's 58 on the KS Boys Backroads Tour this year. I have more, just have to remember where they are haha.

[​IMG]