Register now to get rid of these ads!

When you seen it all yard find the bettie 32

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nailhead terry, Sep 6, 2011.

1. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Jeff yes I am a LUCKY BASTARD and proud of it and my H.A.M.B buddies I am a Lucky Bastard! My bud Steven goes on point for old cars like a labador retriver! I am not gonna kiss him but we did sleep together at the Round Up !No without my friends this would not be that fun. Yes I am a LUCKY BASTARD!! I think that duece just got a new name !!Keep posting pics I need a good blue print !

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  2. S Kennedy

S Kennedy

Steven told me about this find. Liked old truck but it was a 32 5 window after all. Congrats
    and hope to see it soon. Sherman

3. Terry, I was jealous of your Chevy! Now this! Shhesh. Congratulations!

4. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Man thanks but without my friends this would not be happening in the morning she goes under the sawzall to remove the sins of the past. new parts sould start coming in this week just gathering it up parts. I am still working on my 3 window I still love my chevy !! but i could not pass this one up

5. I have a IHC and Im looking to trade? Any 32 Coupes in need of a "good Home"???? I may consider a 33 :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

6. 55glyde

55glyde
    from mile high

Dude, I'm jealous!!!!! Just thought the other day, I gotta have a 32, but they are hard to find in that shape... Builder quality!

7. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Allright guys the car now is the LUCKY BASTARD COUPE lol and I built 33 my coupe because I knew I would never own a 32 but I was very lucky and now I will have to do the old girl justice by building right and today she goes to my shop where she will meet my little friend my trusty sawzall and little buddy cutoff wheel !! All that squre tube oil field tank floor and the old wreaked chassis are gonna get pulled like a bad tooth .I will start a build thread and we now know the name the LUCKY BASTARD !!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2011
  8. Sounds like the old guy was just waiting for the right person.

Good for him....he got a running truck that he could start using that day and you got a deuce starter set.

Sounds like a good trade all the way around.

A good trade is one where both parties leave happy.....the price is sort of secondary.

9. DaddyO's..Deuce

DaddyO's..Deuce
    from Missery

So you've never said what your old lady said when you left for lowes to get lumber and come back with a deuce! As a fellow 32-5w finder congrats, and oh yeah subscribed.

10. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Damn! Awsome! I mean...damn awesome!

Deuce coupe!...Deuce coupe!...Deuce coupe!...lol.

11. Lucky Bastard is a great name for the car.

12. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Man we got the Lucky Bastard in the shop we took the torch plasma cutter and drill to it and me and Steven we to work removing 75 years of ugly we took the Jhon Milner fenders off they were welded on in spots. Then we went after the floors the fire wall was first to go and all that square tube was cut out looked like it was all put in with 6011 and a cracker box welder UGLY. The frame has to be the most abused 32 frame I have ever seen !! We will cut it up for patches and the mack truck tie rods on the wishbones I did not have a wrench big enough !! so out came the gas axe then the plasma we made some progress !! I will post some pics soon !

13. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Hey Dad-o Duece my wife has put up with me for over 20 years and she loves to watch me gather parts and research my projects .Then ride in them and repeat the process agian she knows this what makes me happy she is a keeper and she makes good cookies too !!

14. 28RPU6

28RPU6

Here are a few pics of the exocism of past sins, now she is ready to start coming back to life. I know that some people might see the frame out in the junk pile and say that it should be saved, but i promise, there is nothing to save there. Terry picked up a good frame from Billy last night that will be the safe and secure foundation for the Lucky Bastard.

Attached Files:

15. Terry,I think you sould keep the name Bettie 32 as from your post here...You are the "Lucky Bastard"..
    just like Billylo

16. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Hey wbrw did you see that smiling face in that duece I think he looks good in there but Billylo is in disbelief that one got away from him but it showed up back in the neighborhood.me and Billy are allways swaping parts I just think that some of his luck rubbed off on me !! someone told me you have glass molds for a 32 5 window is that right I did not get window moulding and 2000 bucks no gonna happen !!​

17. skull

skull

good score!!:D:D

Later:cool:

18. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Man my best score to date car wise and my amigo in the car looks like he was at chucky cheese!

19. loco_gringo

loco_gringo

Congrats, now let's get her back on the road. Looking forward to the build thread.

20. Billylo told you correctly...however the garnish molds are for stock height tops...you would need to chop them per your top.

21. These '32 finds lately are just astounding! When it is going to be my turn?
    I am stoked for you and jealous at the same time. :D

22. phoenix5x

phoenix5x
    from Ohio

exactly what i was thinkin!

23. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Hey I was told if keep diggging in that pile of horse shit there would be a pony !No I thought this was gonna be the only one then they started popping up and that roadster last night man. I am still happy with mine and the one with the olds awsome. But mine was not a barn find it was keeping a cotton wood tree company in the front yard 50' from the highway !!

24. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Anyone lost a gallon of bondo I found it was on the left side of the 32 it was on the door and quater panel the bad part it was not need it 20 minutes with a stud gun and a little hammer work and it wont need it !!

25. rld14

rld14

Ya know, the more time I spend on here the more I'm convinced that I'm going to find one of these in a cracker jack box.

NICE find!

26. haroldd1963

haroldd1963
    from Peru, IL

27. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Hey I did not tell yall about the latest trade me and billy were at it again. I traded a 3 duece small block fenton intake with 97's and a set of early eldebrock valve covers for a walker cobra radiator before I got the 32. Then after on the way home a 32 frame, firewall and a grille shell with insert oh and a model A front cross member for my 8ba flathead fresh with 2 94's and new headers !! We help each other out when we can. I never dreamed I would own a duece coupe !!

28. burnout2614

burnout2614

Super cool trade. Funny that some tell you to get shed of the chev. That 3 wdo is ridiculously rare. peace

29. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Burnout I love my chevy and she is rare old car but this 32 is gonna be my daily driver. I have a small block ford and 5 speed for this car it is even gonna get ac !

30. cool score...congrats