Register now to get rid of these ads!

has anyone used a scale model car to 'track your progess' on your full sized ride?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by luvzccr, Sep 9, 2011.

1. luvzccr

luvzccr

for the longest time i've had the idea of getting a scale model 58 fairlane, i used to have tons of model cars when i was a kid, they were 10 bucks a box at Michaels craft stores, or even walmart! but now a days i cant find them anywhere.. i sound so old too, im barley 21! i hate that they've died out from these major stores.

also i could never find a scale model 58 plastic kit. it was always the metal one that was already put together and ive only found that on ebay.

but im just curious, has anyone ever put together a car, and day by day as you make progress, you track it by putting stuff together on your model car? i have this checklist of stuff on my door and i mark it off every time i get closer and closer to my '58 being driveable, but i wish i can use a mini scale and put it together at the same rate as my full size ride, that way it'd give me a good visual of how much i need to do. i feel like im forgetting a lot on my 'checklist' and seeing a scaled down replica of my car would make things easier i think.

2. heatmiser

heatmiser
    from mia

jeeze, i barely have enough time to work on my real vehicles...

3. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

I have tried ideas out on a scale model before investing time and money on the real thing. Not a bad idea.

4. Bushmaster

Bushmaster
    from Austin, TX

Modelhaus makes a resin '58 - in fact, a couple of different body styles. They're pretty spendy but I've bought a lot of their products and they're the best in the business. I've even thought about picking up a '58 just because I always dug that body style.

Here's a link:
    http://www.modelhaus.com/index.php?c=4106&p=63498