Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lost my Wife.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by (BlueOval), Sep 8, 2011.

1. stangman05gt

stangman05gt
    from illinois

Sorry for the loss my friend. My prayers are with you and your children.

2. I am so, so very sorry. Words cannot convey. I am welled up typing this.

James,

May God watch over and protect you and your children. May He give you the strength to carry on through your days and ease your pain at night. It is by His Grace that will keep you moving forward, as difficult as it may seem. May God's Love wash down upon you and your children, keep you safe, and give you the courage to face another day. God called Gretchen home to ease her pain, it is through God's Grace that Gretchen is shining down upon you, and will be, for all of your days.

Amen

Let's see what we can do to get this going

Jim

3. truckedup 28

truckedup 28

sorry for your loss. i'm game to send him a buk or two to help a brother out....jones

4. MemphisRaines

MemphisRaines
    from Texas

I am VERY VERY Sorry to hear of your loss.

5. 34hemipu

34hemipu

My prayers go out to you and your family. I can relate it will be 4 years this Sunday that I lost mine . I still choke .

Take care , Mike

6. 32-3 WINDOW

32-3 WINDOW
    from utah

i set here with teary eyes writing this , keep your head up and take care of the little ones, your wife and there mother are with you in spirit and memories , your family are in our prayers

7. delaware1930

delaware1930
    from Delaware

sorry, to hear god speed.

8. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

My family is and will be praying for you and your 3 kiddos.time doesn't heal all wounds, but the power of prayer will.
    So very sorry for your loss.
    Todd

9. bamaheel

bamaheel

My deepest condolences, I could not imagine what you are going through. We are close to the same age and I have 4 little ones - we will all be praying for all of you.

10. 3rd Gen Hot Rodder

3rd Gen Hot Rodder
    from Indiana

Praying for you and your family James.

11. James,
    I have come across this thread a couple of times and given some thought as to what I could say to you. I don't take the loss of a friend lightly, I guess because of my age, and didn't want to post some frivolous BS. My lady is my closest friend and I suppose that yours is no different.

If my lady left I don't know what I would do with myself, I would just be lost. I cannot even imagine what it would be like at your age and with kids still in the house. I feel deeply for you my friend.

I don't know that I would peddle all my old car stuff as that is all I would have left but I am sure that you have good reason to do so. I would suggest that you give yourself some time to reflect before doing anything that you may regret in the future.

Do keep your children close they need you but probably not as much as you need them at this time in your life. Remember that you have not lost everything there are still good memories to be made with your family. Make them and in your old age you will have them to fall back on.

Like I said I do feel for you. If there is anything in the world that I can do for you I am only a PM away.

12. mlagusis

mlagusis

soory for you and your kids loss. Sounds like you are doing the right thing by focusing on your kids right now.

13. 03GMCSonoma

03GMCSonoma

Sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my wife of 44 years a couple years ago. I know what you are going through but you are the only one that really knows what you are feeling. There is a grief bookstore in Omaha that has some good books to read. One of them is titled "Grief: What is it and how to deal with it". Another one with how to take care of yourself. The first one deals with possible feelings you may have and suggested ways to deal with them. I found it gave me some confidence that I was doing OK as I was already dealing with the loss in a way the author thought was appropriate. When people would ask how I was doing, when I said I was doing OK, I really was. This is a very difficult time for you and you are the only one who know how you feel.

You may want to consider joining a support group within your church or other organization. It will help to talk about your loss with others who have lost their loved ones. Time is your friend.

The link to the bookstore is www.centering.org. You can read the thumbnail sketch of each book to see whether you would like it or not. I hope this will help ease your pain.

Take care.

Bob

14. Fiddytree

Fiddytree
    from Durango

Well, poo.

Hope you can find some strength & peace . . .

15. Man, I can't think of anything to say that might comfort you other than "I'm sorry". From the photo she looked like a very beautiful woman, and you can just tell that she had joy in her heart from looking at that smile. Thank you for being a part of that joy that she had in her heart and for sticking with her through her battle. I'm sure that you made her life better and made her smile a lot, and that is everything.

I kinda have to agree with some of these other guys and gals though... Don't be too hasty to get rid of the things that you shared together, unless you absolutely have to. If they remind you of her, then enjoy the memories and miss her a lot and cry a little every now & then. It's ok. Hold on to the kids and your friends and family too.

I don't know your situation, but if you're just selling your stuff to pay off crazy hospital bills, you'd be surprised at what they'll take if you offer to settle with them quickly. I know that it is just "old car stuff" but when my wife was hospitalized for over a month and I had crappy insurance, they settled for a cash payment of about 1/3 of the total (got it in writing first). I borrowed the money and was much better off in the long run.

You'll be in our prayers!!!!

16. kingpins

kingpins

wow...sorry to hear about your situation. i hope everything will turn out ok with you and your kids. alot of people here care, let us know what we can do. good luck and take care.

17. Ford52PU

Ford52PU
    from PA

so very sorry on the loss of your wife. tough to put into words anything that could express feeling on that kind of loss. So very sorry.

18. kingpins

kingpins

there are alot of people that would like to help you out including me , post your paypal and keep your car.

19. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Prayers to you and your family

20. No words can explain what you must be feeling. I am truly sorry for your loss. I am very similar in age and recently married, I cannot imagine how you are feeling and what you are having to go through... I am not very religious, but please God bless you and your family.

21. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Agreed. PM me an address please. The car could help in the healing process. Pay it forward!

22. I'm so sorry to hear this,James! I think I met her once at LARS or maybe it was another show. That's just terrible news. I know there's nothing I can say to releave your pain,but I hope you can keep your kids spirits up. It's gonna be a rough one.
    WOW...I feel for you buddy.
    Cancer just sucks!!!!!!

23. skids 56

skids 56

Stay strong my brother, your kids need you now more than ever at this time. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Take care and God Bless....

24. I'm very sorry for your loss. There are no words I can find for you. The Lord watch over you and your children.

25. james_W_76

james_W_76

so sorry for you and your kids loss, but rest easy in knowing that your wife is in heaven above. let your babies know that she is not in pain and is looking out for them evey day. pm me any time if you need anything. and as for the flathead parts i got a buddy here in tn that is flathead crazy, so let me know when and where you post the stuff forsale and i'll let him know. take care brother...

26. 1950heavymetal

1950heavymetal

Hearing this news took my breathe away and I'm so so sorry James. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
    I would like to help you out as well so you dont have to sell your car. If your interested could you post your paypal?

27. Very good advice.

28. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Sorry for your and your kids loss.

29. James,

I lost my niece Stephanie in March, 1 month after her 36th birthday from a 3 year battle with cancer. So sorry for your loss and it looks like your focus is where it should be. Stay strong for the kids and remember all the good times. Sometimes life makes no sense and you have to take one day at a time. My thoughts and prayers are with you and hang in there man, Scruff.

30. 067chevy

067chevy

So sorry for your loss. Prayers to you and your family.