Register now to get rid of these ads!

How are you folks holding up in Texas???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuces, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Just got off of the phone with Bob (wbrw32) and he says he is gonna wait it out with a garden hose in-hand....I can't believe you are stayin' Bob! You old rascal!!! Good luck to you and all of those involved.
    God Speed....

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  2. jamcoupe

jamcoupe

I have my 51 Chevy at a freinds house whos is painting it. I tryed to go pick it up last night but police officers had set up road blocks. Ash and smoke throught a subdivision I drove thru trying to sneek in the back way just to find another road block. Im going to try and pick it up tonight and keep it at home until it rains!

3. Earley

Earley
    from NYC

Hope it's cooling down a little down there like it is for us in Oklahoma. We've been having it pretty bad with fires also. Hopefully everyone and their property stays safe. Had a few friends already lose everything but their homes. Tough deal.

4. crowen57

crowen57

We were driving home from an Econoline Meet in Arkansas yesterday. Took this pic on 59 just north of Jefferson around noon. Best of luck to everyone in its path.
    [​IMG]

5. Thoughts and prayers for all dealing with this.

Ryan

6. scottydc

scottydc
    from Waco TX

As a kid my family lost all we had because of a house fire. It’s a terrible feeling. That’s been over 20 years ago.

Last Sunday as the Wife and I drove down the interstate 35 and saw 25 acres flaming within miles of our home it brought back all those terrible feelings again. The flames were taller than most of the LARGE trees. The violence and the relentlessness of fire is unreal.

Please pray for all the people that this is affecting, it’s easy to not realize how dramatic this is...their lives will be forever changed.

That said I hope every one stays safe.

7. 76cam

76cam

For anyone around Lockhart and surrounding at the Mavericks cruise inn at Oriely's.We will be taking donations for people in Bastdrop.It will be Saturday eveing from 5pm to 9pm and we will be selling hotdogs and frito pies with the proceeds going to victoms also.Looking for water,can food,snack items,clothes etc etc....anything that will help. Thanks Darin Beyer

8. bigblockmama

bigblockmama

We have set up a donation center at South Texas Performance. I have a full load of food, clothing, and other misc. items going Saturday morning to Bastrop. We will make another trip in a week or two to another location that has been effected by these horrible fires. So many people have lost everything, it's just so sad.
    BBM

9. bigblockmama

bigblockmama

We have set up a donation center at South Texas Performance. I have a full load of food, clothing, and other misc. items going Saturday morning to Bastrop. We will make another trip in a week or two to another location that has been effected by these horrible fires. So many people have lost everything, it's just so sad.
    BBM

10. belair

belair

WOW - hope Bob and the castle are OK.

11. bigblockmama

bigblockmama

If anyone in the Victoria, or surrounding counties would like to make a donation, it can be dropped off at 1308 SW Moody St.
    They are asking for things like, new towels, blankets, pillows, water, toiletries, new undergarments for men, women and children. We will not accept cash donations!
    Thanks!

12. scottydc

scottydc
    from Waco TX

You guys are AWESOME!

13. havi

havi

I just read John Chapman just lost his collection of 175 vehicles, including Vettes, GTO, Shelby, etc... due to the fires.

Praying for all of ya down there!

14. Scumdog

Scumdog

Dang.:eek:

There's nothing left to say.

15. fergusonic

fergusonic
    from Kokomo, In

I live in Bastrop. RAIN.

16. We put all valuables in the "Castle" ..I dont think it will burn,,all solid stone construction,,,

17. mow too much

mow too much

We had a fire last week and had to leave, they got it stopped about 500' from our house mainly due to a wind shift and lower winds, it is very scary when the winds are blowing 20-25 with higher gust.
    You guys have it way worse than we due, I pray they get them under control and we get some rain. Thank God for the firefighters out there fighting these raging infernos.

18. scarletfever

scarletfever
    from texas

not sure when these were taken.... UNBELIEVABLE
    a friend from Austin sent to me

Attached Files:

19. Deuces

Deuces

Holy shit!! :eek::( ^^^

Last edited: Sep 9, 2011
  20. fergusonic

fergusonic
    from Kokomo, In

Youtube: "keep your head up city of Bastrop" WOW!

21. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

22. bigblockmama

bigblockmama

I just spoke to the church that we are delivering goods to tomorrow. If anyone would like to make cash donations, they can be made via pay pal to this address:
    [email protected]

If you can even donate $5.00, it will help, so please do not be afraid to make only a small donation if you are able to. Thanks in advance!