Register now to get rid of these ads!

Texas Fires have destroyed many homes, Lets help.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigblockmama, Sep 8, 2011.

1. bigblockmama

bigblockmama

Hello everyone! We would like to help the many people that have lost homes in Texas. It is said that in Bastrop alone, over 1000 homes have now been destroyed, and the fire is only 30% contained. The fire is 24 miles x 20 miles big in some areas! This is a very sad situation, I personally know some of the folks that have lost everything!

We are taking donations for these good folks at South Texas Performance. No Cash donations, only items such as, pillows, blankets, towels, anything you can think of that you use day to day. We are making a trip to a Bastrop Church on Saturday the 10th, and another trip in a week or two, depending on how fast we fill a trailer load. We have a full trailer load to take this Saturday, so anything you donate would not go until the next trip.

Thanks to anyone that can donate, and if you are unable to donate, just say a prayer that the fire is put out soon!

[​IMG]

2. bigblockmama

bigblockmama

Our address is 1308 SW Moody St. Victoria Tx. 77901 if anyone would like to donate anything.

3. 76cam

76cam

4. 3rd Gen Hot Rodder

3rd Gen Hot Rodder
    from Indiana

Bump and request for sticky!

5. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

Thanks for doing this. These fires are awful and a lot of people are in need of help.

6. 76cam

76cam

Our car club will also be taking donations at Oriley's Auto Parts on Saturday from 5pm to 9pm If you cant make it down to Victora.We will be taking everything and anything you can donate. Thanks Darin Mavericks CC

7. bigblockmama

bigblockmama

Good job guys! Let me know if you all need to know a good drop point for the goods collected. We found a church that is housing many families including pets. That is where we will deliver our first trailer load. Trying to spread the donations out over several places. There are so many people that have lost everything and it just breaks my heart!

8. bigblockmama

bigblockmama

There is also a place that has taken many large animals and is in desperate need for hay. This is hard for any of us down here to donate, because we have had zero rain, meaning, zero hay! So if anyone up north can donate, please do so.

9. 76cam

76cam

Yea our hearts too.We had a friend loose all of his hotrods in his shop and another get evacuated on tues night not knowing the fait of his place yet.We felt we needed to do something.But a member of our club has already found a place to drop our stuff thanks.If we get a lot of stuff we might need a second place to leave it and Ill keep you in mind.Thank You Darin

10. bigblockmama

bigblockmama

They have been requesting work gloves! They said they will need these for months to come. If anyone has a stock pile of these laying around please mail them to me.

11. bigblockmama

bigblockmama

On a good note, M-G Inc. in Weimar Texas has just donated a ton of feed that is being delivered to Bastrop Arena today!

COME ON GUYS!!!!! IF THIS WERE A THREAD ABOUT SOMEONE GIVING FREE PARTS AWAY, ALL OF YOU WOULD BE RESPONDING! LETS RESPOND WHEN OUR FELLOW AMERICANS NEED US TOO!!!! IF NOT WITH DONATIONS, THEN WITH PRAYERS!
    LETS SHOW OUR SUPPORT FOR OUR NEIGHBORS, FIREFIGHTERS, EMS, AND ALL ELSE THAT IS HELPING!!!!

12. neilswheels

neilswheels
    from England

That looks terrible, my thoughts are with you all.

13. bigblockmama

bigblockmama

14. honeyman

honeyman
    from Steiner

Lost 24 here in Steiner on Sunday with another 20 damaged...we were lucky. I have two families of friends out in Bastrop who have lost EVERYTHING. All these folks will be needing a lot of help, but you'll never see 'em on TV asking or worse yet, demanding.

15. RAY With

RAY With

Many fires and many people affected buy all of this. BTT

16. bigblockmama

bigblockmama

I just spoke with the church that we are donating too, they were so nice and appreciative! We are trying to send stuff to different drop points, so if you know of another place that has not recieved an overwhelming amount of donations, please let me know. Or if you know of any particular family that needs ANYTHING, please let me know.
    Thanks!!!!

17. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

Anyone who has a vehicle in the way and needs to save it please post up on the boards... And if anyone from the Montgomery fire needs a place to stay for a few nights I open my house to you also... And if ya need to park one out of harms way I have driveway space also...

18. bigblockmama

bigblockmama

Good idea stubbsrodandcustom! I have two spots available in my shop at home to store cars if needed.

19. Meltkamp

Meltkamp

prayers out. Im fairly far north west tx but still get hazy days when winds blow right. House is open if anyone in the way needs a place up

20. peddlr

peddlr

thank you to everyone that is trying to help. I am a victim of this devistating fire. Fortunatly there are so many wonderful people that are helping. The sad part is that most people that were affected still do not know if we even have a home to go to. But everyone is doing everything that they can to get info. They opened up some of the areas for people to go see. But there are still many people that cant go yet.

From the bottom af my heart

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT

21. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

There should be a way to send paypal to help out

22. calvinh

calvinh

We had wild fires that destroyed many homes here in the panhandle back in March. The destruction from those was no where on this level. I can't even begin to understand what they are going through. Prayer going up for them. If you can think of anything that we can do here in this area let me know and I'll be more than happy to participate and help organize.

23. 76cam

76cam

I too have spots for cars at my house in Luling if any one needs to put there car there for a while it's no problem.Just pm me.Thanks Darin

24. You guys need to set up a paypal account and buy gift cards for the people who need blankets and supplies etc. so those of us that are far away but want to help, can. It's cost-prohibitive for me to mail a blanket to Texas, but I would make a donation.

I would also put a painting up for auction with the proceeds to this cause if I could.

Talk to Ryno to see how they did it in Joplin.

In the meantime, I wish everyone well down there and I'll keep hoping for rain.

25. bigblockmama

bigblockmama

Wal Mart gift cards would be great. I would rather not deal with cash. If anyone would like to send a gift card, I will make sure they get to the church and into the proper hands. Or, when I go up there Saturday morning, I can ask the people at the Church if there is a particular address they want gift cards mailed too.
    I will keep everyone updated, and Thanks to everyone helping and praying!

26. RAY With

RAY With

Peddlr glad to see your post. Amy and I were worried about you guys. We are in the same boat here and they evacuated at midnight last night. We are on FM 1486 and the fire is about 2 miles at best from our ranch. Already moved all the cars and have the travel trailer ready to leave on a 2 minute notice. So much to do and no time to do it but we have disk the fields and the army has brought in 5 dozers and now have them all unloaded to start additional fire breaks.So many homes here already burnt to the ground and close to 8000 folks displaced. Its a mess but we are alive and well and thats half the battle won. God Speed to you and all the folks in Bastrop and surrounding areas.

27. bigblockmama

bigblockmama

OK, on the pay pal thing. I spoke with my accountant. (Just to be on the safe side)
    She suggested that I speak to the Church that I have been dealing with and have them set the pay pal account up. Then the church can distribute the money wherever they see fit.
    I will update everyone once I speak to them and see what they want to do.

28. bigblockmama

bigblockmama

The Church is working on setting up the pay pal account, I will let all of you know when it is ready.

29. kustomd

kustomd

If anyone needs to store a few cars i have some room behind the house where mine are. Pm me i live outside hope, Ar. Im about 30 mins from texarkana tx. Pm me and ill give you my number. Ill try to find some work gloves around here to send yals way.

30. kustomd

kustomd

Its to bad there isnt a trucking company with a bunch of tanker trucks and some pumper trucks that could go to the east coast where all the flooding is at and pump those trucks full. Then bring em to texas to run the fire trucks in order to controll the fires.