Register now to get rid of these ads!

Early 331 Hemi

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blacksmith54, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Blacksmith54

Blacksmith54
    from Phoenix AZ

AS I have wanted one of these for some time And thanks to Steve at Industrial Chassis I now own one I have an early hemi four speed and i would like to use it behind the long extension the block has is there an available bell housing adapter for this.

I have a couple of different fly wheels to work with including the one Steve gave me.

Thank You
    Kevin:cool:

Attached Files:

2. 73RR

73RR

The first question is whether or not you have the bottom half of the bell.

Next is your reference to "an early hemi four speed". What, exactly, do you have? Photos would be good.

Flywheels have to be matched to the starter. The oem flywheel will be 146 tooth.

3. 51ChevPU

51ChevPU
    from Arizona

I sent you a PM with some answers. For the rest of the crowd, an adapter can be had from Wilcap or Bentsens. Not necessarily cheap, but it does the job. Also, I have a stock starter for you if you decide to use the 146 tooth flywheel.

4. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Saw it off. Lippy

5. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

The adapers are cheaper with long bell, anouther reason i prefer the early motors myself

6. Blacksmith54

Blacksmith54
    from Phoenix AZ

I do have the cover as Steve had one and a Flywheel also I had a 331 about twenty years ago it was in the engine shop when the shop burned down so I still have the flywheel from it, not sure about what else I might still have.