Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs pearl in clear coar or base coat.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mixmaster-meat-wad, Aug 29, 2011.

1. mixmaster-meat-wad

mixmaster-meat-wad

@Sik kreations- Thanks for the advice. This is my first paint job so its all pretty new. I did wear a painters suit and latex gloves. Im going to take the wrists of the suit next time since the sweat was just pouring out of my gloves all at once when i lifted my hands over my shoulders.

Ill Never be a pro but i have nowhere to go but up and get better. Thanks for the info.

2. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

try using some sweat bands next time, youwill have to wring them out, but they help me keep the sweat to a minimum.

3. 47chevycoupe

47chevycoupe
    from Finland

This car has black base with violet pearl in a over reduced clear coat. In the shade it looks black and this in sunlight.

[​IMG]

4. mixmaster-meat-wad

mixmaster-meat-wad

here is the finished product. Its "screaming zombie green" with gold and blue ghost pearl in it.

Attached Files:

5. mixmaster-meat-wad

mixmaster-meat-wad

I know its hardly the most sterile enviroment but its all i have. The humidity here in oregon sucks and is only going to be worse so its now or never especially with my work.

6. mixmaster-meat-wad

mixmaster-meat-wad

last pic.

Attached Files: