Register now to get rid of these ads!

1951 ford f1

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tbone1951, Sep 8, 2011.

1. tbone1951

tbone1951
    from COLORADO

:confused: just put in a 302 and a c4 in my 1951 ford truck...
    now trying to figure out the best thing to do for my brake pedal assb....
    is there a whole kit out there for this or do i need to do it custom?

2. 76cam

76cam

I think theres a kit.Try Speedway they got all kinds of stuff.

3. tbone1951

tbone1951
    from COLORADO

Tryed them nada.....
    So close and stuck here now.....
    Thank you

4. Are the stock pedals still there? If so, ECI used to sell an adapter to mate a later master cylinder to the stock bracket. Otherwise a universal firewall mount might work. It will require some fab work though. I have a volare set-up on mine. Pics in my profile album.

5. Mr. Clean

Mr. Clean

Kugel Komponents makes a nice set-up for hanging pedals, either under dash or through the dash. They're located in LaHabra California. Phone number 562-691-7006.

6. JonF

JonF

Class Performance Products has just what you need. I put their setup in my '52 F1. I had already changed to disc brakes front and rear, and their kit with all the brackets, a booster, master cylinder, et al just bolted right in. Even my wife could have bolted it in. I used the stock brake pedal too.

7. gdub

gdub

There's some on E-bay to go in the stock location. Carolina Classics, MP brakes, Classic Performance Products and several others have them too.

8. tbone1951

tbone1951
    from COLORADO

i got it figured out.....its still a stock brake system right now...i cut the old one in half and bolted it under the new mount for a perfect fit....now able to use old pedals and brake pedal assembly...all that needs to be done is make my push rod a little longer...thanks for all your tips....will put a picture up soon ...it even looks kinda cool