Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My 1937 Plymouth Coupe Project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dmont37, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Dmont37

Dmont37

I been working on my 37 four three months now. I have posted some pics of what i been doing to the coupe. I had to repalce the rear panel and i had to make it from scratch. I bulit a 318 30 over motor that will be put into the car. I am also making a fire wall that will have a custom memorial for my uncle and it will say 37' Plymouth across the top pf the firewall. though two things will ber painted on the firewall and the rest of the firewall will be midnight blue pearl coat, thats the same color the whole car will be.

Attached Files:

2. Dmont37

Dmont37

Here r some more pics of the car Im hoping to have the body and the firewall paint before my winter break at skool which is in two weeks. I will keep updating everyone on my project

Attached Files:

3. Dmont37

Dmont37

Here r Some more pics

Attached Files:

4. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

lookin good...thats gonna be a cool little coupe

5. What happened to this buildthread?

6. Yup, let's get some updates!!!

7. Dmont37

Dmont37

Well I am still wrking on the car and I have graduated from college and I will get some recent pics of the car posted this week sorry it has taken so long to give u guys up dates. I been doing thing to it alittle at a time BC I dnt have alot of money to get it dne right away.

8. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

Mopar or no car....

9. Peterson32

Peterson32

awesome !!!! im working on a 39 coupe myself check out my thread!

10. Dmont37

Dmont37

I have done some changes to the car like the fire wall going to be plum crazy purple and the rest of the car midnight blue pearl. Im still planing on doing the memorial on firewall but that will be later down the road.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  11. Dmont37

Dmont37

Updated pics of the 37 Plymouth Coupe.

Attached Files:

12. Dizzie

Dizzie

Nice. I used to have a '37 Dodge coupe that I drove for 10 years. Sold it to finish my '48 pickup. Miss the Dodge when I see your Plymouth.

13. Dmont37

Dmont37

Just wanted to update everyone on my 37 project. i have gotten the firewall in final prime and decided to put the motor and trany in to make sure everything fit and to fire the motor. I had to modify some parts to make it fit with the new firewall and now working on the wiring. Hopefully in the next few months will be spraying some color on the car and will post pics as soon as thing start getting closer to being done. I would like to thank everyone that has been following this thread, its nice seeing all the comments.

14. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Looking really good so far...

15. Dmont37

Dmont37

A quick update. I fired the motor the other day and it ran great. Just finishing mocking things up before I pull the motor and trans put to paint the firewall and to repaint the motor. Hopefully some nice weather rolls around this weekend so i can break the cam in bc i just seen if it would fire and it had a small oil leak on the oil pressure gauge fitting and fix that and havent had a chance to get back out to the garage to work on the 37. I wil post more pics this weekend.

16. Dmont37

Dmont37

how bad is your tail pan and it wasnt to bad to make.

17. Dmont37

Dmont37

updated photos of 318 motor with new firewall.

Attached Files:

• 200.jpg
      200.jpg
      File size:
      498.2 KB
      Views:
    • 202.jpg
      202.jpg
      File size:
      483.3 KB
      Views:
    • 203.jpg
      203.jpg
      File size:
      427.7 KB
      Views:
  18. Dmont37

Dmont37

This is what i have done with the firewall. I had to make a small cubby hole for the distributor. The starter relay is mounted on the firewall and soon the master cylinder will be mounted also on the firewall.

Attached Files:

19. j hansen

j hansen

Mopar coupes are great,keep up the good work.

20. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

Coming together...

21. farmer12

farmer12

Great build, looking good!

22. Dmont37

Dmont37

Sorry for not having any updates on the 37 lately because i am getting married in two weeks so been focusing on that but as soon as thats all dne i will be back working hard on the 37car again.

23. Dmont37

Dmont37

Update, had a big fuel issue with the motor and figured out that the mechanical fuel pump was not pumping. I took the pump off and found that the mechanism that moves the lever on the pump was loose, so i took the timing cover off and found that the washer on the bolt that holds the timing gear to the camshaft and the mechanism was on backwards and it sheared the front part of the camshaft key off. I got a new key and im putting it back together today and hope to have it running by this evening.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

24. Dmont37

Dmont37

I got the motor all put back together and was getting ready to fire the engine and found that both of the heads are leaking coolant by cylinder 7 and 8.

25. Dmont37

Dmont37

Worked on the Plymouth today got the water leak fixed it was coming out of the front and rear header bolt, so i put studs in them and ran the motor today and broke the cam in. Thanks for following this build thread.

26. Dmont37

Dmont37

Quick up date, I have got the motor broke in and I have taken the dash out and now getting ready to pull motor and tranny out to final prep and paint fire wall.

27. 19blockhead72

19blockhead72

I love it! I think when I get ready to get into anouther project, I'll be looking for a 37 to do too.

28. Good to hear you are getting forward. :)

29. Dmont37

Dmont37

I started working on the dash and found some rust holes. I also decided to eliminate the glove box, so I made a cover for the glove box hole and welded it in. next will be to fix the rust holes, then start doing body work on the dash.

Attached Files:

30. Dmont37

Dmont37

In one of the pictures of the dash it shows four holes that I'm going to weld shut because the to bigger holes were for the head light switches. I'm going to relocate the head light switch.