Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects '27 Ford build thread...Plan T!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ClutchDumpinDan, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Thanks! Have you had a chance to work on yours lately? Last I saw, it was just getting painted if I remember right.

2. Bones are drilled...

[​IMG]

Decided I might as well do the axle since it was already apart...

[​IMG]

Definitley more hotrod-esque looking now...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

very cool build!!! keep it up

4. Thanks! It's about to get pushed to the back burner again though. I'm picking my flathead up from the machine shop tomorrow, got to get my '50 Ford back on the road. Oh, such problems to have :rolleyes::D

5. It's hit & miss. That's a pic of the good one, looks like Ray Charles did the other 3 :eek:;)

6. Wishbone mounting brackets are done. No more vice grips..yaa! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Real nice work!!! This thing is gonna be killer. Keep the updates coming!! Todd

8. oj

oj

Where you been hiding this? No wonder you got a bunch of mid 50's stuff for sale? And i was startin to wonder about you!
    Not my business, but i'd keep a rag over that transmission, it is just bone ugly.
    Keep up the good work, oj btw, i am still waiting on them cookies - they're keepin right?

9. Thanks Todd! Should be pretty cool if it ever gets on the road, got some neat ideas for it :)

10. Haha, no love for the T5? :D

I really wish we could have made it up there! I had to eat those three trays of browines by myself :eek::eek:

11. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Dont know how I missed this for so long!
    Great work.

12. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

Great work! I like the t -5 mount may steal that for my next project.

13. My buddy Dave (house of fab) was nice enough to bring his tubing bender up to my shop and help me get my clutch/brake pedals and steering column mounted.

The man, the myth, the legend...deep in thought coming up with the game plan.

[​IMG]

Dave working away as I slack off and take pictures :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wow, I really did slack off, just realized I don't have crap for in progess pictures. :eek: Here's the finished product out in the daylight..

Lower column support

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With the body back on. It couldn't fit any better, thanks again Dave!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. 1955 LEDSLED

1955 LEDSLED
    from LONG BEACH

Looks great. i like the nailhead!

15. oj

oj

Dave? deep in thought? thats why theres' smoke rolling out his ears while he is tracing!
    Looks mighty good, i'll probably do something similiar with my '27

16. DaddyO's..Deuce

DaddyO's..Deuce
    from Missery

Man I am loving that 4 link set up, subscribed. Wish I could have fit three pedals in my 26, guess my cowl steering box took up to much room.

17. Remote reservoirs for sure. Somebody filled my cowl vent but I might make a new one and access the reservoirs that way. Or have a removable piece in the dash.

18. fleet-master

fleet-master

Hi Dan your T is lookin real nice.!! what is the master cylinder pedal set-up you have used? Im lookin for something similar for my track car

19. storm king

storm king

Nice! I like the simple yet well thought out frame as well. Looks like you've got a green thumb when it comes to your planT.

20. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Same here! Also, the cowl hoop/structure to hold the pedals, column, etc. Simple and well thought out -- I like it!

Malcolm

21. -JoeSmith-

-JoeSmith-

It always looks easy when it is all together. That is how you know that it is well thought out and built. Nicely done gents!

22. Thanks everybody!

Got my steering box mounted and all hooked up. Sure is nice to move the wheel and see the tires turn finally.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. Thanks Fleet! The pedal assembly is made by Coleman and accepts the standard style US Brake or Wilwood cylinders. It's what alot of the roundy round racers use.

24. Sparkswillfly

Sparkswillfly
    from Colorado

25. 117harv

117harv

Looking good...get the drill out, needs more speed/lightening holes:D

26. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Rad build man!
    Diggin' the column/pedal mount idea.....

27. mika112

mika112

very nice chassis good work !

28. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Just looking at your frame which shows the engine, tranny and diff alignment, how did you work out the diff pinion angle with respect to the setup of the engine angle.

There has been numerous discussion on pinion angle specific threads but they never seem to deal with the circumstance where the diff will be actually higher than the tranny...

29. Thanks! My fondness of 3 pedals is a real pain in the ass sometimes :D

I'd like to run 4 individual pipes over the frame, coming back and down. Something like the black '31 Ford that Circle City Hot Rods did but with a few more bends.

My only problem is that I haven't been able to find somebody that will let me park my car in there shop and use there mandrel bender for a few days while I make a huge pile of scrap. If you find someone who meets that description, let me know! :)

Thanks!

Like you said, there's 101 pinion angle threads and ideas. I like this chart

-[​IMG]