Register now to get rid of these ads!

A video you guys will like

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Vetteman61, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Vetteman61

Vetteman61
    from Tennessee

2. 94hoghead

94hoghead

Ya gotta wanna play real bad to stay in those conditions.....

3. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

4. corpsewheelie

corpsewheelie

5. Looks like an overseas version of the Jalopy Showdown. Cool

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

6. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That just looks like FUN to me!!

Doc.

7. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

8. jipp

jipp

growing up in oregon. i would of been there.. but you sorta learn to deal with the wet stuff being a duck and all.. i moved to the desert 11 years ago, and i run for cover now when i feel a single drop of rain.. the snowbirds laugh.. but man that rain can kill me now.. safe to say ill never return to my home state..
    chris.

9. Earley

Earley
    from NYC

Looks fun. Glad they didn't let it stop them!

10. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I can handle the rain, hell in tropical Queensland if you couldn't you'd be in trouble but that other stuff, snow? I saw it once, when I was a kid. We drove for hours to get there and then it was just bloody cold white stuff:eek:!!
    NEVER AGAIN!:pEVER!

Doc.

11. farmer12

farmer12

Cooool vid! Despite the rain, it looks like everyone had a ball!

12. JeffreyPhipps

JeffreyPhipps

13. phoenix5x

phoenix5x
    from Ohio

Awesome vid...love the tarp hood sides on the 5 window

14. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Damnit all these great videos people are putting out!!

15. Great film composition and music... very melancholy very much like your all dressed up but no place to go!

16. skoh73

skoh73

Not only was the footage cool, but the directing and editing were great! Thanks for posting!

17. Iceberg460

Iceberg460

Yeah, very cool video, thanks for posting.

18. bradshaw

bradshaw
    from ontario

19. 3spd

3spd

Looks like a ball. I want to do this with my wagon so bad!

Ha! I grew up in Oregon and moved to Phoenix and only lasted 5 months before moving back home. I got home in December and the first time it started raining after I got back I just laid out in the drive way enjoying it.

Now working on my cars out in the rain I could do without but I wouldn't want to work outside in Phoenix very long either. Eventually I will have a garage and fix that problem!

20. I remember driving across the U.S. to go racing only to be rained out and having to drive to the next event only to be followed by the rains again!

When that would happen I'd take solace in a good people, a good drink and listening to good music!

And it seems that although the event was dampened... the Spirits weren't and that's what matters the most... people having fun!

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1ItgMRXv6v0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The storms weren't appreciated then and I'm sure you'd agree... but right now the folks in Texas wish they could have a bit of your thunderstorms!

21. jipp

jipp

i was exaggerating about the rain.. i can deal with it.. but, i do enjoy not having it rain every day. yeah the day it snows here.. im moving away ( i think the world will have bigger issues the day we get any large amount of snow.. i think the valley got like half inch of snow in the 80s? ).. they already drive like idiots when it rains, i would fear for my life if it snowed.. also our drivers licenses are good for like 53 years.. ill be a old man and not even look the same.. yet ill s till be able to drive legally.. i get scared when i see grandma barely able to see above the wheel coming down the road. :)

3spd - heh, the first year was hell for me.. it took me a year to acclimate.. well the first summer was hell. i moved here in the fall of 1999. i moved from Oregon to Wa state in like 95 went to college in WA.. and from WA to AZ. safe to say iv only been on the west coast.. maybe one day ill make it to the east to check out the hustle and bustle. as for working on car in the rain yeah.. garage will fix that.. i have no garage for a car.. so i do nothing during the summer but try to stay cool.. i use our winter to get stuff done out side.. so i get about 6 months out of the year to wear my T shirts, and do whatever i want while everyone else freezes.. some times i need a sweat shirt around dec/jan.. but for the most part i live in shorts, T, sandles during the winter. i do miss Oregon, i miss the grass to be honest walking in the grass barefoot.. i always fantasy about that while im on the hard desert dirt wrenching on a car or something.. then i remember i had to mow that shit.. i and get back to the fact there more good about living here than bad so i aint leaving.. have a great day and i hope you are staying dry :)

yes, all of us could use some rain, texas, az, cali etc etc.. we had no monsoon this year.. grrr.. the first year i moved here we had a kick ass monsoon season, then all of sudden a year or two latter the monsoons seem to vanish.. drought yupp. well its still warm here so ill try to stay cool for few more weeks.. then i hope i can get started on my project.. if all goes well gonna try to build a traditional bobtail Tbucket.. crosses fingers i get to start.. rock on my friends.
    chris.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2011
  22. Ain't that the TRUTH! And the music with this film is a little slice of Heaven to my ears. Vimeo kind of makes you wonder what all the fuss is about with YouTube. ;)