Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs *** 1961 Cadillac CDV Kustom build ***

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ian Berky, Feb 11, 2011.

1. themotherbrain

themotherbrain
    from New York

Back to work slacker! :D

2. Maybe then by lsru?

3. Tin Can

Tin Can

It'll be done when it's done!!!! :([/QUOTE]

Thats the way ya gotta look at it. Cant rush perfection

4. Brain

Brain
    from Kansas

no need to call. they are on their way. 6 ft x 8ft wooden crate. weighs about 800 lbs..COD. just hackin on you bro! call me at 441. syd's in texas with ew grandson!

5. Wow! Truly a work of art!

6. Orn

Orn

X2 :cool:

7. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Are those 15's?

These would look cool...

[​IMG]

Stay Classy San Diego..

8. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

LOL!! I tried to get on the cadillac forum the other day and it didnt work, seemed the forum was shut down or something?!?!?!?

No roundup for us this year!!!:(

Thats the way ya gotta look at it. Cant rush perfection[/QUOTE]

I guess?!?!?!:):eek:

HAHAHAHA!!!! Gonna call you later today Brian!!!! not sure if i have that 441 number though?!?!?!

Piero, these are our first pick for tires, I showed them to carie the other day,
    And she said these were the ones!!!!:)

Yes they are 15"s

9. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Just fuckin' around..... too early to go make some noise..... here's some better pics!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just looking at the big picture... Is Carie use to driving a car with Bias Ply tires? If not, It
    doesn't mater what the tires look like. She will enjoy driving it if the Caddy is running radials.
    Just trying to look after ya brutha...

Happy Trails, Mick

11. Big Nick

Big Nick

This caddy is so tough!

12. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Something to think about, but i do think Bias Plies ride better than radials.
    i'd have to find a cool radial though!!;)

13. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've been married for almost thirty years, just trying to share some of my experience.
    The Caddy is going to sit so nasty; I don't think that it matters about running radials
    or Bias Ply....

Happy Trails, Mick

14. Been watching this a bit on f/b, but I just read this from start to finish...really enjoy what you're doing and where you're going...

As always, look forward to the next update.

If I may chime in on the tires, the American Classic that Coker offers is a really nice tire that drives out well and offers great looks. Between a 1" and 1 1/2" white wall depending on the tire size. Pretty reasonable on the price, also...I have them on '59, '61 Imperials, and plan on putting them on my '63 Cad.

My 2 cents...

[​IMG]

15. cadillac nut

cadillac nut

great work your'e doing here , i love to see custom cadillac's .....and this is to be some of the best i have seen in long time ,very clean ......my $.02 on tires and caddys...i have had 18 caddys in my time ,1 a 1940 the rest between 1959 to 1970..... all on radials except 1 of my 1960s' & 1 of 69s' , they had bias ply's ......those 2 were ok around town on nice streets but once i got on any freeway it felt like i was not driving a cadillac ,it didnt glide or float like a caddy should , for the most part ....changed over to radials ..smoothed the ride out ..... these babys are heavy ( 4,800 lbs ?) and she should glide down the road like a caddy ....just $.04 ... haha

16. ryno

ryno

the bias will be for show, and the radials will be for go.
    i had bias on my 62, and would get arm pump so bad on the 605 or the 405 that it hurt. one year on the way down to jesse's no love party my arms where like rocks fighting the grooves in the freeway the whole way.

my opinion, id run some double thin whites from diamond back ? i think
    235-75-15 double or triple thin whites.

17. Orn

Orn

Ian, how do you manage to keep your shop so f*****g clean? In your last pics It’s almost like a hospital… :cool:
    Keep up your awesome work.

18. themotherbrain

themotherbrain
    from New York

I noticed a couple hiccups a few days ago too. There was couple times I clicked and it said the site couldn't be found. I think the server was having issues or something. It's fine now! Ironically, we've been having the same wheel cover discussion as well. Keep up the great work my man.

19. Big Nick

Big Nick

His wife is a doctor and pull inspection at night!

20. cadillac nut

cadillac nut

my opinion, id run some double thin whites from diamond back ? i think
    235-75-15 double or triple thin whites.[/QUOTE]

haha that what im going to do on my 64' , theres pic on the photoshop of all photoshop threads ....i look to see what page .....

21. 76formulafiend

76formulafiend

man i can't wait for the weekly update on this..... Maybe the rear will be mocked up with the grill?

22. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

Can't wait! Loving this thread!

23. I just took on and off 3 days to view this thread . Lots of excellant work Ian . All this in a home shop. Shows what a guy can accomplish if his mind is set to it . Beautiful sheetmetal work as well . All improvements to the GM design of the fins flow beautifully. You obviously have the rocks to get this done . Will be watching for updates man stay at it . Your wife should be stoked . Later!

24. jasone

jasone

Haha, Ian is a clean freak, he works all day and when he's done he sweeps and puts all his tools away until the next day. He's got some mild OCD, LOL. Reminds me of that song, "he ain't messy, he's my brother" ;)

25. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Hmmmmmmm, where exactly were those particular lyrics in that "Hollies" song...I'm thinkin' you heard it wrong...!!!

R-

26. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is looking better all the time. I like the hubcap idea. That is way more elegant than most aftermarket wheels would be.

27. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Ian, I love it man. I like the Vouges and caps.

28. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

somebody needs to photoshop out those jackstands..the caddy looks REAL good Ian. it must be a little cooler out your way, every damn thing i touch out here thats bare metal gets a rust stain one way or another!!

29. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

The wheels are the hardest part. I ran the stock caps for a long time before I picked up a set of Daytons. I love the stock caps with the vouges and a bullet. It all hinges on what color it goes. Everything you have done to this car is top shelf. Verry well done.

Here is mine with Wire wheels.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  30. man I love this thing