Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newfoundland Barn Find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Copper Top, Sep 5, 2011.

1. I've known about this 35 Ford for about 30 years or more. Unfortunately it is going to be kept in the family and plans are to restore it. The shed that it was in started falling down and they removed it.

Attached Files:

2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

If they've been "waiting to restore it" for 30years... that's kinda sad. But, it's their car.

3. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

Its a shame that it sounds like the odds are against it

4. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

Unfortunately it is going to be kept in the family and plans are to restore it.

How many times have you heard that ? ?

Too Bad. It'll never happen.

VR&C.

5. There is only one other person who loves this car as much as the old guy who owned it and it was unfotunate that he didn't realize, while he was alive, that he should have passed it on to me. Today, for me, it was like going to a funeral of an old friend. I don't think anything will ever be done with it.

6. Oh well, looks like it probably needs a clutch anyway.

7. There's a '36 5 winder ford close to my place that "is going to stay in the family and be restored some day". Its theirs......so it's their decision, but it'd be a shame to see that '36 sit for another 50 years

8. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

Yep, when Pigs fly !!

9. skwurl

skwurl

Taildragger. Pretty please

10. Similar story with me, 38 standard, 1 family owner, been in the shed for 35 years since the son tore it down for a rebuild, I had to dig the dirt from the bottom of the shed doors in order to open them. The elderly owner told me to go grab a trailer and take it away, inbetween times the same son that tore it down all those years ago put a stop to it " hes going to restore it back to its former glory" same old story, he couldn't do it 35 years ago so he aint going to do it now.

11. Fe26

Fe26

One of my favorite cars. At least you know where the car is, you know the family and their 'intentions' and you possibly have first dibbs.

Now it appears how pro-active you want to be and come up with ideas and suggestions to take to the family. Approached and treated in the correct manner the family might be persuaded to yet sell to you, if you present them with your ideas and commitment to a part of their family history you just might get to take it home.

12. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I'd rather see it stay in the barn another 30 years. then at least it wouldn't be modified past the point of being returned to normal

13. It's already got some serious cancer issues....another 35 years and there won't be much left.

14. skwurl

skwurl

Yea dropping the rear and putting skirts on just sends over the edge. Don't get me started on flipper caps

15. BadbeatFactory

BadbeatFactory

screw it...lets steal it.

16. When I saw the user name "Copper Top" and the subject "Found in a barn in NewFoundland" I would have bet it was a still not a coupe!

17. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

well when you put it that way:eek:... I pictured another bagged one with the running boards on the ground. I'm sick of that look. a truly traditional old school tail dragger would be OK... sadly that is not what people seem to be building these days.:(

18. Well, if it would make you feel any better, you could just stare at tfeverfred's avatar.

19. dirt slinger

dirt slinger

Theres a 35 5 window down the road from me that is parially restored. The owner died and Ive been trying to buy it for about three years. 4 of the 5 siblings agree to sell it to me (the daughters) and 1 (the son) says his father give it to him before he died. First of all he's not smart enough to work on it and second why hasnt he done anything to it. I hate when someone hoards a car I want to hoard. Maybe he will get desperate for some cash and I will be waiting.

20. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Not funny at all.

21. otas

otas

x2...

22. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

So its outta the bad shed...but is it going back in another???
    Sure hope thats somewhere in central and not on the coast!

23. seatex

seatex

Shame shame shame.............................. x3 on the avitar!

24. Graham M

Graham M
    from Calgary AB

Identical to the 35 Ford sitting 1 km from here, in perfect original condition. Same thing, the owners going to `FIX it up some day`. They`ve been saying that for 15 years now, and the kid that the dad is going to restore it with is all grown up..... yet they still wont sell it .

FML..... SO frusterating.

25. Heo2

Heo2

Whats to fix up on a car in perfect original condition??

26. koolkemp

koolkemp

My dream car...sigh! Fitzee was telling me about this one...

27. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

You will just have to build one! ;)

Sad to see that one sitting and being neglected.

28. mlagusis

mlagusis

nice car. love those 35-36 three windows.

29. EnragedHawk

EnragedHawk
    from Waco, TX

Man that would be fun. Here's hoping something good comes from it!

30. darkk

darkk

I sold a 1941 Ford 2dr. sedan to someone back in 1963. It blew a head gasket almost immediately. The car sat for a couple years and I tried in vain to buy it back. The owner kept telling me he was going to get to it and repair it. That was 48 years ago.....I tried buying that car back every time I thought about it, and that was a lot. It has finally rotted to the point that you can hardly recognize what it used to be...:confused: