Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage PF goes to KC and the Greaserama show--2011

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by povertyflats, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Dads-53

Dads-53

Paul, great pictures as usual and great seeing you as usual. It's funny how we meet lots of new people when it's raining and they have a tent. Hope everything for Mrs. PV works out next week and if everyone reading this would prayer for Todd it would be nice.
    Don

2. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

part car show and part circus---
    sitting there people watching in the evening was fun,
    we would be like "WTF?",
    then--"holy crap!"
    and then, "get a load this!"
    and so forth.....:D

3. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Thanks Don

4. sololobo

sololobo

Sorry to miss you at G.rama, Rob and I took off out of Omaha mid a.m. and cruized the Iowa side of I-29 and were having a blissed out cruz when
    Rusty the Ranchwagon spit up another tranny, yes, the beast is having a tranny eating habit. So we parked it in an old church lot, called our Turd Bro Bill of Balls Towing and jumped back in the roadster for the rest of the trip. We arrived early afternoon so missed ya. We had a great time and low and behold, Rob Lee's Hot Rod Lincoln wins Los Punk Rods pick trophy. A six foot sculpture that is awesome. So we left it with out friends Punk Rodders Tammy and Ryan for delivery next time they come to Ne. We set sail around 8:00p.m. and blasted back to the big O. We met a very nice Iowa State trooper that gave us a speedo reading of 85 mph, and yes, Ol Lucky got a warning ticket from the nice officer, who stated early on that he was a car nut! Saved by the car loving folks again. I forgot my camera so didn't get any shots this year, although I have gotten my distemper shot! Am I going to have to put a fFord-o-matic in the Ranch Wagon. It certainly is not like I drive it hard! ~sololobo~

5. outlaw256

outlaw256

thank you mr. povertyflats you are a great story teller. i would have loved to be there but its alittle to far away for me.but you make it seem like it would be worth the drive . cfnutcase, i will get even with you for that pic.!!you wont forget it, becaUSE I CANT FORGET IT LOLlololo

6. by downhill i meant the fishnet dude...

great total coverage thats what counts

7. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Oh, now I see what you meant. Yeah, that's some crazy stuff for sure but this show is funky and it's just part of it. :)

8. bab59

bab59

It comes to about 160 miles one way. Great coverage Paul good talking with you. I brought the car home and it is still for sale...
    I am in the mood for a good trade or Cash Offers!

Attached Files:

9. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

There are many shows that get popular because they are cool.....
    Greaserama is one of those shows....
    Los Punk Rods have done this show on their own terms doing what they have wanted for the eleven years it has happened.
    And one of the things that make this show unique is the music selection.

Labretta Suede and the Motel Six were the band you are referring to and they are from New Zealand. If you cant get into seeing them then you are probably at the wrong show.
    I had some older guy come up to my table and complain about the music being played over the PA.
    "Know Your Rights" by the Clash was being played.
    hmmmm.....
    I told him if the only thing he can complain about was the background music then that was a small complaint. He said he wanted to hear some 50s - I told him to go to the Good Guys show.
    they are called los PUNK rods.............
    they have taken the punk rock ethic and thrust that same DIY attitude and put it into cars as well.
    It just seems that over time people are now coming around to THEIR mindset.
    These guys are friends of mine and I am forever in their debt for all they have done for me, my friends, and my family.

Paul - I appreciate you letting me pose for your photo - I am not sure who the girl was that let me borrow her umby rella. But I suspect I may need to purchase one cause that photo of me is amazing. And I am glad you posted these pix - there were pix of yours that I did not see - there were a LOT of cars there on BOTH days. Sunday this year was really good as well.

Sololobo - thanks for your advice - and I hope to see everyone at the Pile Up
    (bobwop - I will see you at Mecum and Jefferson right?)
    Viva Los Punk Rods

Last edited: Sep 5, 2011
  10. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

>John: Mecum maybe, Jefferson definitely

but don't expect me to acknowledge you if you are acting like you did in KC

11. Howeird46Chev

Howeird46Chev

I tell ya PF, good food is one thing but if you keep eating those BIG plates of that south of the border stuff and those Bleu Balls you are going to HURT yourself. You can't see many cars or people when you are in the Porta Potty all the time.

12. I think that about sums it up! Swung by Sunday and was equal parts baffled and amused at the cross section of people and vehicles.

Love the road journal, and I look forward to reading about future adventures! Oh, and next time do Oklahoma Joe's over Rosedale's for BBQ. I trust you'll leave happier!

Last edited: Sep 5, 2011
  13. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

I couldn`t of said it better myself. Never seen a Corvair shoot fire from it`s sidepipes before, then there was the gal with the KISS outfit, walked into the Band tent once and saw the Guy with fish net stalkings and the gal with the green feather outfit. Never ventured back in even when it was raining cats and dogs. One of the car shows I never miss.

14. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

Not going to live the rest of my life with that pic in my head all by myself! There is enough disturbing things in there already.....I cant keep it all to myself! :D Jim

15. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

Oh yea, and as far as the music goes, I love the punk rock, I am really glad to go to a show and not hear the same shit as they play at every other show over and over! So I say keep it coming! Jim

16. the story behind the story

Attached Files:

17. Like I said before paperdog, somrtimes the truth hurts!

18. RDP

RDP
    from Kansas

I watched this thing get driven through the gate. It was really cool

19. right before the previous pic...

Attached Files:

20. CustomDave

CustomDave

Was this the Kiss outfit that was gene simmons face on top and the tongue came down to make the bottom part? I got punched in the arm by my wife cause I couldn't stop staring, lol.

21. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

PF I always read your stories from start to finish. They're always so interesting, thanks for the entertainment.

22. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

YEP. It was a little to snug on the backside also. I think it was a cross between a leotard and a swimsuit. Did you see the girl with the blue hair next to her.

23. CustomDave

CustomDave

I probably did but I don't remember. I was too busy remembering why I liked Kiss when I was a kid.

24. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

bobwop- I will purchase a special pink umbrella for you - we can get some shots together
    ha
    is Poverty Flats making the big trek up to Jefferson this Sept?

25. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

26. you kansas guys sure eat well.....how the heck are you not 400 pounds???

27. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

28. wizzard23

wizzard23

Thanks Flats, another good tale and another wasted evening reading it!

29. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Larry, sorry you had more trouble. I know you love that cool wagon...shame it has to be so difficult.

30. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Hey--I don't eat like that ALL the time...wait a minute...maybe I do---:eek:
    Here is my take out lunch yesterday from a bakery in a VERY small northern KS town.
    baked chicken spaghetti
    Italian salad with basil dressing
    homemade roll with REAL butter
    Hummingbird cake with cream frosting
    Sum total was $8.95
    YUM!!! -- :cool:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011