Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lookin For Pics and History of a 55 Chevy Racecar

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 33willysgasr, Sep 4, 2011.

1. 33willysgasr

33willysgasr

Just acquired a new toy a couple of weeks ago and i'm trying to find some pics of it from its heyday. Its a 55 chevy 2 door post that used to race at Greatbend Kansas back in the day from what i understand. Got an olds rear under it, radiused wheelwells, 'glass nose and used to be offwhite with red and blue "60's style" graphics and a picture of wile e. coyote on the doors. I'm hoping to have it running again in a couple of weeks and would like to see pics of it because i'm thinking about painting it back to the way it was if it looked as cool as it sounds. Any help would be greatly appreciated.:cool:

2. Pics of it now would help.

3. 33willysgasr

33willysgasr

Current pics probably won't help much but here are a couple anyway. Its had raised spindles added to it (at least i don't think it had them on it before the guy i got it from got it) and been painted black primer as well as had a scoop mounted on it.

Attached Files:

4. 33willysgasr

33willysgasr

Thought i'd bring this back to the top since i posted it in the middle of the night when most people are crashed out from a hard night of cruizin and/or racin! Lol Hopefully somebody from kansas remembers the car and can give me some info on it. I can't remember his name but the guy that owned it is putting on a car show this coming weekend in Ellis? kansas?

5. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

That has pretty unique rear wheel openings (the sheetmetal work). I would think that would help identify it to someone.

Google tri five gasser and check out my fotki site (redlinetoys) for a ton of tri five gasser pics. Don't remember any Wile E Coyote, nor do I remember those rear quarters anywhere though.

6. 33willysgasr

33willysgasr

Thanks redline i'll check that out. I think it came from Ness City Kansas (rhymes with ellis???Lol)

7. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Pretty wicked lookin ole 55 belair,I hope you find some info and share it with us here.

8. 33willysgasr

33willysgasr

Thanks low, if i get the info and pics it will get shared!

9. I remember seeing it on the HAMB about 5 min ago :) Best of luck!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  10. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

11. lyles11

lyles11
    from alabama

Looks cool, Good luck

12. Butch M

Butch M

I got some friends in western Ks Iwill check with them. buy the way cool car

13. 33willysgasr

33willysgasr

Hey Butch, did ya ever find anything out for me? I think i've tracked down the name of one of the guys that owned, Irvin Snyder? Don't know if that's spelled right. I know he's a car guy and just put on a car show at ness city this last september, anybody know him? Is he on here by any chance? Still would like to find more info and pics of the car. Thanks!