Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage PF goes to KC and the Greaserama show--2011

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by povertyflats, Sep 4, 2011.

1. slammed

slammed

Punk is fast and loud. The contrast sounds cool. If the music was all slow and such, the older folks be noddin' off. And the younger set wondering WTF? Loved the sky high '55 Chevy you posted.

2. Hahaha... ^^^^^^

Thanks Paul... thought we'd see you in a pair of gold cover-alls?;)

3. CustomDave

CustomDave

It was a fun show. I was parked right behind the 32 5 window you posted and in front of that front engine dragster. When it really started pouring the guy with the 32 was nice enough to let us stand under their big patio table umbrellas with them. I was out there again today, but there weren't as many cars. Been going for a few years now and Saturday seems to be the busier and more fun day. I am already looking forward to next year.

Also the meatball sandwiches were great. I think most of my money went to them and the smoked turkey legs.

4. yblock292

yblock292

coming down to starliner next weekend?

5. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Jack, I hope to but just remembered that my wife is having some hip surgery this next week and I may have to stay home and be her helper....

6. thanks for the tour ... glad the heat is being tempered a bit

looks like alot of nice rdes at the show.... none from gg?

so sorry about your blue balls and wet hat ... maybe it shrunk some and altered your hearing ..... nope yer old like me and music has to be " just right"..

it shows in your dialogue how jealous you were of the wheelie poppin kid and the youthful ditch divin...

what no pics of the car wash shower?

and you being nursemaid is scary reminds me of the HONEYMOONERS , RALPH MAKING OATMEAL FOR ALICE .....

thanks again

Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  7. kmc777

kmc777
    from sedaliamo

Poverty you hit the nail on the head greaserama is a show all its own. We've been to quite a few shows around the mid west and its one of my favorites,mostly for all the things you photoed. You've done an excellent job showing what happens at this show really you should write for one of the magazines so they could have a real life perspective of car shows. Its not just the cars but the people also.By the way it was nice talking with you and travis I'm glad dad introduced us and we could have a mini hamb meet and greet seeya

8. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

I was there all weekend also and just got home a bit ago, like you said awesome weekend! Rain just didnt matter, hell most didnt even roll their windows up LOL! Did anyone see the band with the chic that had the green feather bikini on and the bass player with the fishnet stockings and bright red stilettos on that played saturday around 3 or 4? WOW! Now I dont think I will ever recover fron that one! If only they made whiteout for my memory! Anyway, this is an event that I will attend from now on, it is a blast and man is it ever a fun and peaceful show, no fussing no arguing, and no general bullshit, you know the normal crap that you see at so many shows these days, just a bunch of great people having alot of fun! Cant wait for next year!

9. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Good to meet you too and I liked your truck!
    As for me writing for a magazine....are you nuts?...I'm too busy packing my bags for the trip to Maine to eat blueberry pie and lobster----:D

10. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Another great road trip story from the master. Sounds like a fun weekend, Paul!

11. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

Yea here ya go......I dont need to suffer by myself....You can thank me later.....Jim

Attached Files:

• wow1.jpg
      wow1.jpg
      File size:
      31.9 KB
      Views:
    • wow.jpg
      wow.jpg
      File size:
      35.2 KB
      Views:
  12. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

WTF? ---yikes---I'm gonna go gouge my eyes out now!!!!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  13. As a dairyman, I'm glad you and gasser Louie are endorsing our products!
    Thanks for all the pictures, I always enjoy checking out your trips.

14. kmc777

kmc777
    from sedaliamo

uhh, I hope the blueberry pie is separate from the lobster.Somehow that dosen't sound like too good of a combo ,like my wife talking 'bout tuna an lime jello from when she was a kid.I'm from missouri you know my idea of seafood is steak, from a cow ,on the ground ,in a field, eating grass, not from the water eating the poop of other sea animals .This oughta get some people stirred up. see ya kenny

15. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

as a former dairyman...you are sure welcome!
    and thanks for reading all my crap!

16. SKULL ORCHARD

SKULL ORCHARD
    from KS
    1. The Gas House Gang

This is Hamber DSmith. Denny has built both of these and they are two very neat vehicles.

17. As Povertyflats "body guard/food tester" I told the boss this when I tasted the frozen custard: "This tastes so good, Id like to kiss the teets it came out of"!!!!!!! He later explained that Bobwop does that daily, lucky stiff, did I say stiff? I wont go any farter with that one! I am a little concerned that Poverty wanted me to got to Greasearama Saturday evening, as he told me there were topless women there, after seeing the fella in the fishnets and stilletos on stage, Im glad I missed that! Paul, you may need new glasses, Im asking stanlow69 the story since he has 20/20 vision!!!!:eek:

18. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

ha ha ha

19. I always feel like I was there when you post these adventures. Thanks!

20. BCR

BCR

Looks like a good time. Thanks for posting.

21. some how these stories end downhill .. how can that happen in KANSAS

22. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

It's not kansas fault it's my so called friends

23. lo-buk

lo-buk
    from kcmo

Had a great time as usual, great too see good friends and good times. Went back to the show today, the weather was great, 76 for the high. Threr was a bigger crowd on sunday this year than last year. Great show......

24. paperdog, we just tell it as it happens. Sometimes the truth hurts, but everyone always has a great time, there is no doubt about that! What happens in Kansas, doesnt always stay in Kansas though...;) Im not sure Paul could endure you and I both in Kansas at the same time, AND all his other friends too...system overload.

25. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I always enjoy your road trips, PF. Thanks.

26. You get what you pay for....

:eek::D

27. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Thanks! I always enjoy your AVATAR---:D

28. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

Might we see PF in the fishnets and stilletos next year? I guess we will have to wait and see huh....

29. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Looks like another great show. I haven't been to one since it was back in Cowtown. The Punkrods are a great bunch and I need to back to this show sometime. Thanks for the story and pic's. Gary

30. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

I went to the first Greaserama and swore I'd never go back (and haven't), simply because there was nothing "trad" (or even nicely built) about the cars that attended, but now I realize that I may have viewed it all wrong...I should temper my viewpoint with something like yours -sitting in a car "watching the cross section of humanity go by"...if one could call it that...!!!

R-