Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Dover Drag Strip Show & Reunion in CT.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ct1932ford, Sep 1, 2011.

1. September 4, Gaylordsville, D.R.A.G. Presents The Original Dover Drag Strip 21st Annual Car Show & Reunion At Big Al's Toy Box, 14 Allen Drive From 9AM-4PM, (Rain Date Sept. 5th), The Longest Running Strip Reuion In The Country! All Year Race Cars, Stock Cars And Midget Race Cars Welcome, 1980 Cut-Off Year, Admission $5 Per Person, No Car Fee Entry, A Portion Of The Proceeds To Be Donated To Charity, Former Drag Strip Manager Mark "Smokey" Mastrianni And Jim "Grover" Grove Invites Everyone To Participate, Hall Of Fame Award, Food & Music, Door Prizes, Judging Closes At 12PM, Awards At 3PM, 150 Goody Bags, No Alcohol, Pets, Burnouts Or Attitudes, For Info Call Smokey At (203) 743-1245 Or Grover At (203) 746-3754

2. The37Kid

The37Kid

Hope the rain stays away, thanks to Big Al for housting the event.

3. NO RAIN! Lots of bad ass cars :cool:

Attached Files:

4. More Photos :D

Attached Files:

5. More:D

Attached Files:

6. And More:D

Attached Files:

7. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Considering all the weather thats been going on, and the new venue I think it went well and I want to thank Big Al for offering a place to have it and Smokey and Grover for putting it on again.

Pat

8. Engines:eek:

Attached Files:

9. More of everything:D

Attached Files:

10. And More:D

Attached Files:

11. Thats all folks:( Al, Thank You For Being a Great Host! As Always:cool:

Attached Files:

12. The37Kid

The37Kid

Yes!A big THANK YOU Big Al! I rolled in around 11:00, got the usual crap for not bring "Alley Oop" along, but I did get to see 8-10 photos I'd never seen before. I'll post my photos a bit later.

13. I had to roll out around 12:30.:( Found out the kids were having a surprise 40th anniversary party for my wife and I and I was already late!:eek:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  14. off-beat

off-beat

Shit. I missed this. Looked like a good time.

15. Deuces

Deuces

These are great!!....
    Thank you!! :)

16. The37Kid

The37Kid

Photos of photos using my camera don't always turn out well, but these aren't all that bad. "Alley Oop" the Lyndwood rail I'm restoring is in the forground. Its driver Bones Stevens was inducted into the Dover Hall of Fame at the Reunion. He had 11 Low ET's in one year at Dover Drag Strip and won the Pepsi Points trophy.

Attached Files: