Register now to get rid of these ads!

History NHRA Junior Stock

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by colesy, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Larry Fulton

Larry Fulton

Anybody back in the day run a Larkspur Blue 150 - 210

Jr.Stocker or Stocker?

If yes, do you have photos you can please share.

Thanks!! Larry

2. paul miarecki

paul miarecki

paul blevins corvette is in wilbraham mass. and has been since 1989

3. Paul Ceasrine

Paul Ceasrine
    from Wilton, CT

4. X-TECH MAN

X-TECH MAN
    from Florida

Can't build one of these on a budget anymore. The collector whore's have all but ended that deal.

5. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

I have this exact issue! Interesting that he had the Delivery for sale at $2600.00!!! (copy of the ad is over on Colesy's board). Just the intake and carbs go for that now. Butch/56sedandelivery.

6. Paul Ceasrine

Paul Ceasrine
    from Wilton, CT

Too bad what the NHRA did to the 'Junior Stockers',,,,,
    I remember seeing a Tri-Five Chevy Stocker in the back or side of every Gas Station
    after 1971,,,,,,,just sitting there with no place to go......

7. fpcopo

fpcopo
    from Omaha, NE

I recognize the track as the defunct Cornhusker Raceway Park in Omaha. Pulling up in the staging lanes behind Charbonneau is the Inbomber. This was around 70.

8. fpcopo

fpcopo
    from Omaha, NE

I recognize the track as the defunct Cornhusker Raceway Park in Omaha. Pulling up in the staging lanes behind Charbonneau is the Inbomber. This was around 70.

Attached Files:

9. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Tomorrow I pick up 1956 Chevrolet Sedan Delivery number THREE; I'll have 3 56 Deliveries! Sold the 57 Delivery a few months back. Two of them are complete, running, nice, street cars; one is going to become what I call a Pseudo-Junior Stocker (set up like an old stocker with a few new twists), one a wicked street car, and my original one is being traded for bodywork and a repaint on my DD truck. Butch/56sedandelivery.

10. 65deluxe

65deluxe

THREE? Well at least their being saved :)
    You have to wonder where all those trifive Chevys have gone? And please don't tell be the scrap heap :(

11. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Well, Just got back from going to pick up the car; long story short, I left it there. Really nice car in some ways, new paint, new interior, 4-speed, some new chrome and bumpers, old Offenhauser tri-power setup, and fenderwell headers, but the bad was LOTS of bondo in the obviously rusted out rockers, poorly installed floor boards, and rusted out body mounts that were'nt addressed. The car needed inner/outer rockers at the very least. The "327" had pre 1959 staggered valve cover heads, and a 283 style vibration dampener (riveted together style), so I think it is really a 283 with induction, exhaust, and a cam. So I'm still at two Deliveries. He offered a 1K price drop, but it would have taken a 5K drop just to keep my interest. Butch/56sedandelivery.

12. X-TECH MAN

X-TECH MAN
    from Florida

Have you joined the NEW Jr. Stock site yet and how is the Jr. stock book coming?
    Terry

13. Bob W

Bob W
    from Here

I know where one of them went. It still has the tow tabs on it. I took this pic in 2009.

[​IMG]

14. 65deluxe

65deluxe

Hi Terry. Im over on the Cosley site as JrStk.
    The new book is coming along well. As a fan first, Im having a ball talking with the racers, exracers and those who were involved. It really was a great time to be drag racing, its just a shame I wasnt old enough to really enjoy it first hand.
    The book will have something for everyone. Coverage, photos and bios. Chevrolet, Chrysler, Ford, Pontiac, Olds and even the ocassional Hudson.
    Doug

15. X-TECH MAN

X-TECH MAN
    from Florida

Cool.....Let me know if I can help. I knew a lot of Jr. stock racers in Md. from that time. Mostly guys like Gene Collins, Bob Maxey, Joe Perzan. Larry Kopp even ran Jr. stock back in the early 60's before turnning his 57 Chev wagon into a Modified Production car. I just wished I had the brains to have taken pictures back then.
    P.S. Im on the new site also.

16. racemad55

racemad55

No it's not.

17. Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Was waiting for you to jump on that,Rick. :)

18. Bob W

Bob W
    from Here

The last I heard it was in Orillia, Ontario

19. 65deluxe

65deluxe

Thanks Terry. Im sure we'll be exchanging additional emails. Ive had the pleasure of talking with Joe Perzan,very nice guy.
    Doug

20. X-TECH MAN

X-TECH MAN
    from Florida

I always thought he was a good guy. Did he tell you he towed the heavy old SD wagon with a 1963 409/340 HP Impala with a P/G ? I bet that trans groaned :eek: a lot.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2011
  21. 65deluxe

65deluxe

Quite the work out I bet. The wagon was approaching 4400 lbs, plus the added tools, tires etc.

22. 56 Pontiac I/SA

56 Pontiac I/SA
    from Maryland

Don't forget to include a Studabaker or two Doug!

Cheers,
    ... Steve
    http://www.colesy-juniorstockforum.com/forum/index.php

23. 65deluxe

65deluxe

24. 56 Pontiac I/SA

56 Pontiac I/SA
    from Maryland

Yes, Doug ... Studebaker, not StudAbaker :rolleyes:

Bob Dwyer (51 Studebaker) NHRA Division 7, Bill Ersham (51 Studebaker) NHRA Division 3, Ted Harbit (51 Studebaker) NHRA Division 3, and Dempsey Hardy (55 Studebaker) NHRA Division 2 ... to name a few.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  25. 65deluxe

65deluxe

You gotta love the variety offered up in 1960's stock. Its part of what made, and makes it so memorible. :)

26. saltrunner08

saltrunner08

I currently own the "Surf Rat", the 66 biscayne in question. I am trying to find some history on the car. On the windshield are decals from the Indy nationals in 1966, 67, 68, and 69.

Originally I thought this car might be Agent 007 but have found out that car was wrecked and salvaged. I have time slips from ATCO from 2002 and 2003 (when the picture was taken) but can't seem to come up with much information about the car.

The trim tag indicates it is an original 15411 car sit it was originally an 8 cyl. It flies 427 flags but has been upgraded and downgraded so many times I don't know the original equipment.

Anybody with pictures or information about this car would surely be appreciated.

27. SMITH&WELSH

SMITH&WELSH

I think the car is a made up Car with no real Race History.The car was built by Joe Cook
    1990s.Would see it at Atco for Phil Modifers Meet.Joe has or had a shop in South Jersey

28. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

This is correct.

29. Found some pix of my delivery at ISLAND , tried to post on Colseys site but they are to large, see if they work here ,if so maybe someone can help to put them on my thread over there. THANKS, HENRY

Attached Files:

30. goodwrench 1957

goodwrench 1957

What a great weekend , raced the delivery at Havana, central Illinois dragway, won my bracket sat, paid $750.00