Register now to get rid of these ads!

Renegade Cars and coffee

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ThePontiacKid, Jul 18, 2011.

1. ThePontiacKid

ThePontiacKid
    from VA

I'm in Northern Virginia, and there are a few cars and coffee events here, but they seem to cater to the exotic and new checkbook cars, and aren't too H.A.M.B friendly. I originaly wrote big rant about this, but cooler heads prevailed. Needless to say, I'm tired of needing to show up to a cars and coffee half an hour before to get a parking spot just to rub shoulders with some Biff in skinny jeans and a golf shirt with a popped collar who just drove his new shelby 500 off the showroom floor and has the plastic still on the seats and car lot gas in the tank. Not that there is anything wrong with it.

I digress, here's the deal.

I'm going to start a renegade cars and coffee. Nothing official. If you live near Springfield Virginia, have a H.A.M.B. worthy car, and want to have a cup of coffee and talk about cars (not bank accounts), then this is for you. The location is The Kings Park shopping Center on Braddock road in Springfield Virginia. Back row of the Shopping center. There is a Carribou Coffee shop and McDonalds. I'm going to check it out this Saturday, July 23rd at 7 A.M.. Anyone wants to show up then is welcome, But I'm really hoping to get the word out for the 30th. Again, this is totally renegade, not sponsored or sanctioned. Just friends getting coffee and talking about cars without attitudes.
    What do you think?

2. ThePontiacKid

ThePontiacKid
    from VA

I checked out the location this past Saturday. It was really hot but worth it. I was there from 7 to about 9:30, and the lot was mostly empty, so the bak rows could conceiveably be all ours, they never were parked in. Most of the businesses were not open yet, but the coffee shop opened at 6 and the coffee was fresh. The lot only started to get busy when I left, and the back rows were still empty, with some nice shade there as well. I'll be there again this Satruday, 7 to about 9 something.

3. ThePontiacKid

ThePontiacKid
    from VA

I'll be there again this Saturday, before going to the Jills' house show at Interstate.

4. ThePontiacKid

ThePontiacKid
    from VA

Thanks to Gary for making it to the coffee shop. Hope to do it again on the 24th of September.

5. ThePontiacKid

ThePontiacKid
    from VA

October 1st I'll be at the coffee shop from 7-9 AM.

6. I'll see you there, Frank.

Anybody else???

7. ThePontiacKid

ThePontiacKid
    from VA

I'll be there 10/15. Should be a nice morning.

8. ThePontiacKid

ThePontiacKid
    from VA

I'll be there 10/22, The 'Bu is on the way to anyone going to Jalopyrama from the west or south.

9. Hey Kid, whydoncha take a Saturday off and cruise up the Beltway and Rt50 to the Jalopyrama. There ain't no Shelby's or Muskrats of any kind there. Nuthin' newer than 1962 at Jalopyrama. There's about 300 pre-62 cars on the outside lot and another 35 or so on the Armory floor. We'd love to see you and your sweet tin indian join in the fun.

10. ThePontiacKid

ThePontiacKid
    from VA

I've been MIA for awhile but for a good cause, we had a baby. Now on to other news. I've heard that there might be interest in the renegade cars and coffee again, and I think it might be worthwhile to try. I'll gauge it by the response I get from everyone. The 'Bu still opens at 6 on Saturday, but I was thinking we could go later. The back row still is empty well into the morning, and the shopping center just opened a frozen yogurt place, so an evening cruise could be doable if that was more convenient. I'm actually going to talk to some of the businesses to see if we could get some sort of deals, discounts or kickback (hey no harm in asking), but otherwise this will be off the radar. I like the idea of this being almost like a flash mob car show. What say all of you?