Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Mercury comets! lets see some Pics!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Julio, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Beebz

Beebz

[​IMG]

my 63 more door's hind quarters.

2. rg171352

rg171352
    from New York

That is very cool!

3. ClearSpot

ClearSpot
    from Michigan

....and sequential!:D

4. careylo79

careylo79
    from Seattle,WA

5. careylo79

careylo79
    from Seattle,WA

6. Julio

Julio
    from san diego

keep em coming guys!

7. LOPESphotographics

LOPESphotographics

8. prttyplymouthgal

prttyplymouthgal

Here ya go :) Sold her last summer..

[​IMG]

9. LostHope

LostHope

here's my girls 63' we sold about 5 months ago...
    [​IMG]

Deuces likes this.
  10. LOPESphotographics

LOPESphotographics

has anyone put a falcon front end on a comet to close up the body lines on both front and back?

11. jflatley

jflatley

Here i smine, working on it bit by bit.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

i like the skirts. they're tough to find. sometimes i miss my old '62.

13. mustangsix

mustangsix

I once saw a pic of a 60 or 61 tailfin-Comet that had Falcon front sheet metal that looked really cool. Was that here on the HAMB?

14. Paul_G

Paul_G

It looks like you will have lots of help working on it with your little helper! Good luck with it.

15. Here is a 1966 Comet Capri 2 dr hardtop i delivered from the West Coast to my son in law & daughter in Edmonton, Alberta. Interestingly enough, it was originally an Alberta car for the first 30 years, came out to Vancouver Island, then Vancouver and now is back where it started out.
    This number matching 289, C-4 Comet runs as good as it looks!:D
    [​IMG]

Deuces likes this.
  16. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

That's funny. I've always wanted to see the other combination: Comet nose on a Falcon body.

-Dave

17. jflatley

jflatley

Those skirts aren't that hard to find. MAC's has them for ~$150.00. I think Dearborn Classic and AutoKrafters carry them as well.

I am looking for some cool 4 lug x 4.5 (114.3) R14 wheels to fit on there if anyone has a pair floating around.

18. ClearSpot

ClearSpot
    from Michigan

VERY sharp looking '66!

19. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

20. Tomkat39

Tomkat39

Here's ours, my Son and me, 1960 ,just got it Sat. All ready started cleaning it up.

Attached Files:

21. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Somebody go save this one. I’ve driven by it, and it looks pretty decent from the road. I keep thinking it would be cool with just a mild lowering, a mild 302, an AOD, and some 14- or 15-inch chrome-reverse wheels.

-Dave

22. Kustom Komet

Kustom Komet

You know I like it!

-KK

23. Tomkat39

Tomkat39

Thanks KK for the info. Were're using your frt suspension info searching for parts. Tom

24. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

Should have some more pics this week of my 62 Gasser build.

25. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

Here's the start and so far. Flip front end being finished tomorrow. We ran into some issue with the 410 FE. It seems some rats decided to store some nuts and dog food in the valve covers. Still haven't fiquired this one out. But the engine had issues to begin with.
    We are still not sure what trans to run. C-6 or 4 speed. We have both. Roll cage should be in by mid December.
    So far it will be a full fendered well, steel flip front end. 2x3 tube chassis. 9 inch rear 4wheel disc brakes , straight axle and a 410 Mercury,
    My original back in 1985
    http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/188967_1745029718921_1634127095_1624572_2726628_n.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
    Deuces likes this.
  26. Here are some pictures of a 61 Comet we are restoring for an Elderly School teacher here in Lincoln, Nebraska. She has been driving it as a daily driver for over 40 years and is determined to keep it going it was pretty rusty but now the body is like new and ready for some fresh single stage Wimbledon paint. Yes I know it a 4 dr but it still cool as hell! We love stamped sheetmetal here at Auto Kraft body & paint Inc.

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  27. Kustom Komet

Kustom Komet

Wow, quite an unusual car for a full-boogie rotisserie restoration. The '57 Chevy guys will be upset that it stole so much of their show attention.

-KK

28. I wish I had a photo to share of it now after all these years. In the late 70's, early 80's I worked with a guy at the Bismarck, ND Sears who had an immaculate metallic root beer brown '64 HT Comet that sat up high on american/ET gold painted five spokes with white lettered tires. Had a hot, shiny 289 in it. That car was gorgeous inside & out and never had a speck of dirt on it.

29. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

Here's mine not much progress this year going for a Hybrid look 60's Gasser/Lowrider.... The car will have a 400 pony V8 backed behind a modern 5 or 6 speed slammed on the ground like the pictures but mini tubed in the rear then of course paneled and flaked roof and metallic body with a few custom body mods thrown in. [​IMG][/IMG][​IMG]

30. Yes this is a bit unusual to do a 61, 4 dr Comet up this way but they need lovin to, and what would you do if a little old lady came into your shop and asked if you fix rust on old cars? Well since we are a restoration shop and don't back down at the Big Ugly jobs, and we have all been taught to help the little old lady across the street.....your stuck! This car was so far gone rust wise it was time to let it go, so we found a donor body from Montana and it was pretty darn solid structurally. But we had to do qrt wheel openings and outer wheel houses from scratch that was all done by Curtis a 22 year old craftsmen in training, when he was finished with his fine metal work I hosted a weekend workshop on how to do proper body work and priming 8 guys signed up and did a great job! Then we prepped and painted the bottom side like factory, cleaned up the drive line, the owner stops in for a look now and then and is excited to see the progress. Taught Curtis how to spray single stage paint, and now reassemble is in process. It will be one nice original 61 Comet when finished! Thanks to dedicated people and the Roller Hoop!

Attached Files: