Register now to get rid of these ads!

Found RARE buick coupe help !!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cm325, Aug 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cm325

cm325
    from ky

[​IMG] 33 buick 86S HELP !!!!

Well its been a bit, but i had to come on here to request help.
    Though little progress has been done to the bugnotti, several interesting things have come my way.
    The company I work for has acuired several cars and bikes over the years.
    Two in particular have been sitting dormant for a while (11 yrs)

I recently started playing with the 57 series, got the motor freed, removed fluids, pan, and just slowly goimg through it. obviously i started researching the engines to little avail.
    Here's where it get interesting.

1933 Buicks;

Model # 57 (19,109 prod.)
    Job # 33509
    Body#17,104
    Trim#160
    paint#315

Model #86s (401 prod.) 1 0f 4 left supposidly
    Job #33-078
    Body # 74
    Body # 74
    trim #163
    paint #319 (marroon and gold pin ) black now

Hers my questions :
    A.) cant find rebuild kits past 35, where can I ?
    B.) what exactly to do with the 86 ?
    C.) how to contact a real collector?

Im not trying to make a buck, but i dont think my company is going to allocate the money needed restore it the proper way. I believe it should be in better hands. I mean even once restored, would you really want to drive it on public roads...
    I need a " Jay Leno " or similar to do whats needed, or a museum to preseve it.

Any help is much appreciated, at this point im just trying to get it out there, when you google a 33 *6s you dont find much.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. cm325

cm325
    from ky

3. cm325

cm325
    from ky

4. cm325

cm325
    from ky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

here's the 50 series.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. csimonds

csimonds

Well that is a hell-a-va nice Buick! I would fix that baby up and drive the wheels off of it, and then fix it up again. I know where there is one in close to pristine shape in Massachusetts at a salvage yard of all places. Check out Bob's automobilia and Cars down in jesey. Good luck!
    Chuck

6. 3quarter32

3quarter32

You might give Everett a call at Adams Custom Engines in Sparks, NV. They do restorations on about everything. 775-358-8070
    Lee

7. cm325

cm325
    from ky

Thanks guys, I'll Definetly check those out in the morning.
    Any help is good at this point.

8. AACA forums have a GREAT Buick forum you can get lots of answers and info from.

9. Gman0046

Gman0046

Awesome Buick's. There's a guy in Virginia by the name of Jim Peters who specializes in 30's Buick's. He may be able to give you some ideas. You may be able to track him down through the Buick club.

10. Smokey2

Smokey2

What'sa Gonna' Hap, Happen To the Poor Little Sedan, That's NOT So RARE ????
    RU OPEN to offers, er DO YOU HAVE A PRICE $$ ?

Smoke' :)

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
  11. 8flat

8flat

That coupe is badass....keep it and run it....

I would just do an engine swap, upgrade the brakes, etc and leave the body alone.

12. Thats a great little (big) coupe.....i would love to have that thing in my garage just as is. Get it running, redo the brakes so it will stop and drive/perserve it....they are only original once, and that one has survived great. You may be surprised how nice it would look with a wash and wax job, some new tires and the interior cleaned out.

13. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Chop that coupe and install a nailhead. Then you'll have a 1 of 1.

14. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

15. cm325

cm325
    from ky

Thanks guys for all your help, I'm still doing some research and compliling phone numbers. At this point i'm trying to get as many ducks in a row as i can, before i even know what i need.

Right now i'm slowly tearing down the sedans motor and figuring out what she needs (everything ;)
    The idea is to get them both running but to focus on the sedan right now.

Smokey dont worry, nothing bad is going to happen to it. I'm going into it as a young guy who appreciates the craftsmanship and tech. that already in these old things. I've really no desire to pull either engines, had both not been so complete maybe, but it just seems wrong to Rod'em at this late in their lives.

Voodoo thats cool stuff, but a little to close to the brass era for me.

16. thirdstreettito

thirdstreettito

That thing is soooooo sweet! Nice score!

17. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Ditto. I like yours way better.

18. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Do you know where you are? This really is NOT a restoration site. :rolleyes:

19. Outlaw Car Man

Outlaw Car Man

I have two of them, 1933 Buick 90s, one just finished other original.
    Email direct .

OCM

20. cm325

cm325
    from ky

Well everything changed. The original block was cracked.
    So now all those parts are worthless,or only good for the coupe.

So now we're going with a C4 suspension.
    Stripped both axles, to try and figure out how to squeeze a corvette suspension in between
    the rails.
    Not all my pics are on my bucket acount. This is the stock front cradle
    out of the vette already cut down and stripped of its aluminum goodness.
    [​IMG]

Fast forward a couple weekends, and you get this.
    Obviously im leaving a lot out, but without pics its worthless to try.
    So like the BS on tv, jump ahead with me,without seeing any of the process.
    [​IMG]

Grabbed some bigs off a C3 frame i've got, and some extra skinnys for the front off the GN.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

<!-- --><!-- [​IMG] --><!--
    -->

<HR>

21. cm325

cm325
    from ky

Just took these yesturday.
    This is a rough mock up.
    20" and 18" riddler wheels.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Obviously the camber has not been set,and the car is actually sitting about an inch or so lower
    than final will be.
    We'll be running a Cadillac 500 from Maximum Torque Specialties ( http://www.500cid.com/ ), and putting the grunt
    through a HM290 Getreg. Freshly rebuilt and ready to rock. Forgive the paint, it was bare aluminum.
    It soon will be again.
    [​IMG]

So there's a quick catch up guys, there's plenty more to come and for me to do.
    Sorry ive not been able to get on here with the frequency i could a couple years ago.
    Wish me luck.

Chris

22. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Well we went from one end of the spectrum to the other. The suspension doesn't matter but those wheels pretty much took it right out from being HAMB friendly. You might want to take it over to dogfightmag.com from here out...

23. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

I just saw this and can't believe I missed the original post. I owned a '33 90 series Victoria several years ago which was extensively hot rodded, mostly because the car was so rotten when I got it that my bank account could not afford the cost a restoration would entail! I got after it pretty good with a custom chassis, 455" Buick, TH400 and Granada rear. The top was chopped and I gave it a full leather interior, which a car as grand as a 90 series Buick deserved.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. My question to you is, will the front fenders fit around the upper control arms without having to hack them up somewhat. In my case, I used a front suspension based off the Mustang II with a few roundy round mods thrown in! This was a very tight fit because of the way the front fenders swoop down toward the frame rail. The '34 Buick line changed the fender design and it is much easier to utilize a late model suspension because of the design change.

Just wondering.

I love both of your Buicks and often reminisce over the one I had that got away...

24. BOP-Nut

BOP-Nut

That coupe is so gorgeous. I can't believe you're putting C4 suspension on it, and those wheels on that sedan. Sigh.

25. alsancle

alsancle

This conversation comes up in different threads all the time. If that coupe was gutted or rusted or missing parts then it's fair game for any fate. Given it's completeness and condition (and relative rarity) messing with it is a crime (in my opinion).

26. MistShift

MistShift

Sweet as heck, wouldn't change a GD thing. Definitely a HAMB friendly ride! ;)

27. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

why dont you do yourself, and the car a favor....and keep it original. It is what it is and its rare. People will respect it for that and they will respect YOU for ensuring it is preserved. YOU shoukd respect it for that. Screwing with that coupe IS a crime.

28. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Then you should of offered the man an ungodly sum of money to save it, otherwise like I said, this is not the site. As far as I'm concerned it's just another 4 door Buick, I really doubt the 1 of 4 thing is true at all. You should have steered him to the BCOA, but now it's to late, not only is not going to be HAMB friendly, it's just another street rod. :eek:

29. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

At this point it won't be HAMB friendly, just like your avatar. :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.