Register now to get rid of these ads!

Day of the drags 2011

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The Shocker, Aug 31, 2011.

1. The Shocker

The Shocker

Its kinda been a tradition that i start a thread on my favorite drag event of the year ,the Day Of the Drags in Little River Texas.I wont start talking shit this year or making challenges (as i have always done in the past),cuz this year i dont plan to drive.My daughters boyfriend is gunna be driving my Dodge Dart this time .My daughter wants no part of racing ,so this is the best i could come up with .I like the kid and im glad to help him out and teach him the little bit i know about racing .Im stepping up to a faster ride next year ,so in the mean time i thought i would let him have sum fun in my car until i sell it.Who all is planning to attend this year :) ???

2. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

What? That ain't right.
    Come on you know you want to.:D

3. The Shocker

The Shocker

:D:D:D.Im not gunna be the one at the wheel backing it up,so im gunna keep my piehole shut this time :).I sure hope the kid makes me proud this weekend at Ardmore with my Mopar.I figured an 1/8 mile track with a long shutdown would be the place to break him in before he runs the 1/4 and short shutdown at Little River.Only time will tell if he has the "JUICE" or not ...

4. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

I'm interested in this new ride! I have an idea this could be good....

5. cracker head

cracker head

Good on ya for getting the younger generation a head start...

6. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

You still owe me a beer.....I'm planning on going

7. robleticia

robleticia

Definetly gonna be there!!!!!!

8. JMD82

JMD82

We have been waiting for this since last years! Cant wait!

9. lost rodder

lost rodder

10. The Shocker

The Shocker

Anytime my 9 inch Ford donating friend :).See you at the races ...

11. The Shocker

The Shocker

I have been saving up for a faster ride for awhile.When the right deal comes along on a solid car,im gunna be all over it .My daughter told me today that my new driver is starting to get nervous about driving my Mopar Saturday :D.He's got balls to get his feet wet in a low 11.40 car .This will be his first time on a drag strip :)...

12. scrape

scrape

so daniels buyin the beer!:eek: woo hoo! ill be there!:D

13. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

Let's not dick with the camera on him Shock. That's just uncool. I'm pulling for the guy. You're right man... That takes some balls!

14. The Shocker

The Shocker

I hope you like room temp Steel Reserve in a 40 ounce :D...

15. The Shocker

The Shocker

My new driver did well yesterday at Ardmore .He made his first pass of his life in my Mopar and ran a blistering 8.59 @ 79 mph.He then came back to the pits and told me there was something wrong with my car.I made a test pass in it for him since the car has been sitting in my back yard for sevral months just to check it out.It ran a 7.42 @ 91.9 mph which is mormal for the car in over 100 degree heat .I asked him about the 8.59 pass he made and what rpm he shifted it .After correcting his shift point from 4000 :D to the 5800 sweet spot and stomping it off the line instead of rolling into the throttle like he did on the first pass he ran a decent 7.64 @ 90 mph on his second pass of his life.He seemed to control the car well and likes the shit out of drag racing and the people doing it.He talked my ear off all the way home about drag racing ;), and i think he is now hooked.Im gunna take him to a TNT night here local in a few weeks to get more familuar with the car then its off to the DOTD for sum 1/4 mile passes :)...

16. scrape

scrape

dang... im starting to think this kid is your boyfriend an not your daughters... :eek: lol...

17. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

Shit Daniel that 7.64 might have been even better if he weren't as big as Clydesdale! Tell him the GHG crew gives him a big thumbs up for jumping in the Dart and kicking ass! Can't wait to see all our friends again at DOTD.

18. The Shocker

The Shocker

You know you will always be my woman Troy ,so you dont have to worry about someone else moving in on your man :D:D:D...

19. Jarred Hodges

Jarred Hodges

you definately have a good running car. I remeber last year my ot 65 mustang ran 8.00's in the 1/8. We built a new engine over the winter. On my 1st pass I drove down the track and ran an 8.70. nest pass I floored it and went a 7.56 and it about scared the scared the crap out of me. Drag racing is a disease I hope they never find a cure for

20. Wesley

Wesley

I will probably be there, however it will be without my car. The drought has eliminated all of my racing money. I am spending close to $1500 a month on hay, feed and water. All of it came close to burning up this weekend in the wildfires around Bastrop. I can only imagine what the wildfires have done to the price of hay this go around.

21. The Shocker

The Shocker

Thanks for the compliments on my Mopar.Its has been as quick as mid 7.10's as is in great weather late last winter.It sure dont like 100 + weather though...

22. rebelrat

rebelrat

Me and BAD WOLF will be there trying for my 100 mph patch.just made it into 100.40 and high 12's last week at marion t/t still tuning and learning how to do this drag racing thang ! good to see you are still running that awesome dodge and passing on the torch.DOTD was the place 3 years ago I decided to build a car and get into racing.

23. The Shocker

The Shocker

I told him several times that he did well and past along what you guys said about him also.I converted his 7.64 1/8 mile pass to 1/4 and he ran around 11.90 on a long track .Not too bad for your second trip down a drag strip ,in a car you have never drove before ,with a redneck like me giving the driving instructions :D.Im hoping to get the car into the 11.30's at the DOTD if the weather works with me .He weighs 100 lbs more than me ,so im thinking he will be doing good to get the Mopar into the 11.40's .It made an 11.43 pass last year at Temple with me at the wheel ,but i have done sum more carb tuning to it since then :)...

24. Kenneth S

Kenneth S

I wonder what your motor, and trans would run in a T altered at around 1600 lbs.

25. The Shocker

The Shocker

It use to be in an Altered .It ran a handfull of 10.0's and a high 9.90 at 137mph for a top speed in the 1/4 on its first and only trip to the track.Same carb ,intake ,cam .Im not sure on the weight of it in the Altered though .I'd bet with all the topend tuning i've dont to the carb and dist.,it woulda broke 140 mph in the Altered if it was still in it .Man ,that does give me an idea kenneth ,but i dont think the Dart would bring much as a roller :confused:...

26. Kenneth S

Kenneth S

I know how that goes, but it's hard to get good money for a running car also.

27. The Shocker

The Shocker

I agree ,the most depreciating thing on wheels is a race car ...