Register now to get rid of these ads!

Traditional EFI......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Eddie's chop shop, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Vergil

Vergil

Beautiful work Eddie or Eddie's Chop Shop if you aren't Eddie. We need a name to go with the Eddie's Chop Shop.

Vergil

2. terryr

terryr
    from earth

Chrysler did offer EFI in 1957? or abouts. It malfunctioned and they retrofitted a carb. The rights to the EFI were sold to this company called Bosch.
    EFI- invented in the USA but sold.
    Transistor-invented in the USA but sold cheap to Japan.
    Integrated Circuits-invented in the USA but sold for a bit more to Japan.

3. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

4. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

Just about anything can be converted. The problem with the early Rochester unit is where to hide the injectors. If placed in the original locations they would be a little obvious although hard lines without fuel rails could help with this. I have never had my hands on one of these off the car to really check one out for alternatives but I am sure something can be figured out.

Its hard to give a cost on something like this unless I have it in my hands to formulate a plan. If you are serious I will see if anyone I know has one I can really stare at and think about.

Eddie

5. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

and I apologize Gary its not dragging its just next in line!!!

6. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

I am digging the deuces on the hemi, nice valley plates to cover the injectors.!

7. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

Its Eddie, that would be me!

8. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

Here are some pics of a manifold I just started for my mid engine 37 Ford. The car is going to be traditional bonneville outside but serious performance underneath.

Motor is a twin turbo LSX tall deck block with GM Performance LSX DR heads. I am making the manifold to run two injectors per cylinder, integrated air/water intercooler with 2 90mm throttle bodies being fed from two air to air intercoolers located on either side of the motor just behind the quarter panels. Ford GT transaxle. Current estimates/goals power output of 2000+ hp.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This last pic shows the various stages of milling the air horns going inside the plenum. Alot of work for something that won't be seen. But for this type of power output manifold flow will be critical.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  9. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

Very IMpressive,,
    If I win the lotto I'll give you a call,,

10. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

Been awhile since I checked in I guess
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Eddie's chop shop