Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hunnert Car Pileup #10: 2 month Warning + Announcement

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hellfish, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Chris 50

Chris 50

Burritos fresh off the exhaust manifold of the '50 in the hotel lot.
    The fire alarm getting pulled at the hotel.
    Tony drinking Whiskey and coke out of the ice bucket and pulling over on the way home the following day to puke.
    Paying the toll for Frank and his drunk "bride".
    Working the car gate and Cadillac Bob asks a couple what they've got in the 8 track player.....the Village People!
    Overheard at the Red Shirt meeting the morning of "Did you get any sleep last night?" "FUCK NO, MAN!"
    Can I get extra cheese on that taco?

2. monsterflake

monsterflake

the white inner fenders hint at more detailing under the hood. i really would like to see that '57, but i'm sure it got updated in the eighties...

3. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Is that a Vette grill, or a 59 Chevy grill that is painted gold, with the mesh part, blacked out?

Whichever it is....That is a cool looking 57. :cool::cool::cool: Just love those 57 Sport Sedans. :D:D:D

4. Hellfish

Hellfish

A few announcements:

1. Camping will be allowed again this year at no charge, but there are no facilities and no fires are allowed. Also, the camping area will be nowehere near the entrances thanks to a few troublemakers last year.

2. Pop-up tents will be allowed this year, but ONLY in a designated area and ONLY with stakes 12" or less. The designated area will be against the Southern fence (where the vendors were last year) and ONLY there. In other words, if you want to sit under your own tent, you can't do it anywhere near a car. Nothing spoils the view at a vintage-style car show than a bunch of modern pop-up tents. We are working on getting some large festival tents for sun shelter and there will be prison-made picnic tables this year.

3. We were unable to get the antique tractors to haul people around the parking lot due to insurance reasons. If you can't walk from the parking lot to the gate, you won't be able to walk around the show area either!

More updates soon!

5. Man everything you guys do raises the bar !! Now when it come time to end a show you have even raised that bar !!!!!! Its been 3 cars for me since I started to coming the the pileup # 3 with my T-bucket #4 and 5 with my 32 3w #6,8,9 with my 53...now I realy need to make it 4 cars and get my 55 down there!

What Came first The pileup or the HAMB , for me it was the Pileup !

6. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Hellfish summed it up pretty well, but I thought I'd add a few thoughts since I was on vacation when the news broke. I've been to all 10 shows of course but only involved as a Czar in 9 of them. Going to that first one at Marty & Sons really changed my life. It was about 5 months later that I was inducted into the club. The Pileup will always be special to us, which is why we have decided to end it this way. The coolest thing about the show has always been the passion that people have for it. They wear the shirts everywhere. They tell their friends. They drive from the coasts and everywhere in between. And as Chris50 first said years ago, it's like a family reunion with cars. Who would've imagined that 10 years ago?

So thank you to all who've attended and volunteered and help to spread the gospel the last 10 years.

I've always enjoyed doing the artwork, and really, had I not started doing the art work for the show, Django Studios wouldn't exist today.

This year for the anniversary, I wanted to do something special... a 10th Anniversary full color print. You can see sneak peeks and updates as I go along on my Django Studios Facebook page The first car is completed, and pretty easy to see who it belongs too. He's been to several Pileups and I thought it would be a great candidate for the poster/shirt. The SECOND car belongs to a friend and a HAMBer. Now who could it be... :D

7. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

Nice work, I'm still hanging onto my 2008 shirt with grinder spark holes in the front and all. Travleing to, and participating is a huge blast! It inspired me to go in the direction that I have with my most recent builds. this year will be Epic rain or shine. I'll be around when you announce the super secret show for next year.:eek:

Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  8. Django

Django
    from Chicago

No guesses on the car? :D

9. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

10. This is fun!!!;)

11. silent rick

silent rick

it isn't that skull thing, is it?

12. Hellfish

Hellfish

ewwww! Thankfully the skull car has not been back, but the owner has brought other cars that have been rejected (with much drama) or accepted (barely). None have been on a shirt though.

Anyway, I know what/whose car it is, but it would be unfair of me to give away hints... but I'm open to bribes. I live in Illinois afterall.

13. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

thinking about making the drive for the last one. it only seems right.

14. Hellfish

Hellfish

FYI, Henry Gregor Felsen's daughter (grandaughter) will be at the Pileup selling reprints of his classic novel "Hot Rod" and I think others.

15. Cincinnati Slim

Cincinnati Slim
    from Cincy, OH

Would it be Big Olds?

16. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

??:confused:Have anything to do with the car on the shirt?
    [​IMG]

17. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

sorry to hear that ....but .......LEAD EAST lives !!

18. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Nope.

I posted another updated pic...

19. Cub8556

Cub8556

I haven't been the Hunnert in several years but seeing as this is the last one, I definitely will be there. Probably not with the Buick since its a grandma's car :) .Hopefully I'll meet some fellow HAMBers there too

Cub

20. Dude!!!! That would be so cool if you came. East coast represent! Taunton!

If you come, you need to bring me some pizza from Santarpio's ;)

21. silent rick

silent rick

this year is going to be so great

22. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

you're gonna make me go to peabody from taunton before i go to chicago?

well, maybe...

23. If my uncle comes, he's flying from Manchester to Atlanta to Blooomington/Normal and driving a rental. :rolleyes:

24. Timmy's?

25. monsterflake

monsterflake

[​IMG]

(seriously, good decision, ESPECIALLY since it was made ahead of time ;) )

26. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

i'll be driving the 54. i assume it'll get in. talked to my son about maybe making the trip with me. now we just need to convince our respective wives...

27. magnet

magnet

Word Silent Rick... freakin word.

28. Can't wait. The whole crew will be there. Aprox. 12 cars 20 people
    Don't forget. The hotel just down the street where we stay. Has good manager approved rubber melting entertainment usually. Please join

29. Snarl

Snarl

30. Thanks honey!

Registration closes at 11 PM sharp tonight.

We are at 218!!!!

I am thrilled!