Register now to get rid of these ads!

giddings swap meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by peddlr, Aug 18, 2011.

1. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

Hey wino, i'll look for you. I was headed back to N.C. but got my plans changed for a few days.

2. 60 Belair

60 Belair

See yall in the mornin with hot rod speed parts galore Andy

3. BELLM

BELLM

I plan on being there before 8 tomorrow. Try to beat the heat. If you see an old white haired guy in a Thundeerbolt shirt pulling a little red wagon stop me and say hi!

4. 60 Belair

60 Belair

Priority's for the day bullshit, buy parts, sell parts, drink beer. Not in that order, See yall there Andy

5. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

I just got back from the swap meet....Its 113 outside....I did good selling...didnt buy too much.....Its looks like to me the vendors doubled.....I see this as getting better each year....

6. Not alot of people there buying, too damn hot and the promoters were real Jackasses, Won't go back every again!!!!!!

I did les than 25% sales form the last year, not good..

TOOOOOOOO DAMNNNNNNNNNNNN HOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Oh and another thing, I heard form alot of Vendors that they arent going back due to the promoters being rude and noit alot of people there to buy their goods

Who knows, maybe they will get their heads out of their asses and have some consideration for others!!!!

8. peddlr

peddlr

g1hotrod, I enjoyed chatting with you on friday.

I just got home and unloaded. I myself had a great time and sold quite a bit. I personaly had no problems with the promoters.

The crowd was down considerably from last year. Not sure why other than the heat. But they were spending money.

I will return next year for sure. As far as sunday, Most of the vendors left on sat evening.Probably from the heat. But we had a decent crowd early for a short while.

I just hope that you guys will consider giving it one more shot next year.

Oh, I am not in any way afiliated with the swap meet. I just would like to see it grow.

9. it was great talking with you also. There was alot of vendors that had problems with them. I made some money but nothing like i did last year. After the ordeal we had with them and his wife, I won't be back. I might go next year to buy and visit but that is it...

Thanks for the Elk skin welding gloves!!!!

10. kkustomz

kkustomz
    from Texas

I was very dissapointed, I did not see anything worth buying, very few people were friendly and everyone i talked to that went said the same thing.

11. I had my spots near the RV hookups next to the sunglasses vendor. I talked to many of HAMB members and alot were dissappointed cause there wasnt really anything worth buying as in car parts. I went in hopes of buying a bunch of things for cars i am working on for customers, well i found NOTHING there!!!!!

12. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

I bought 2 nice 53 buick taillights with lense and 2 58 belair housing with lense and spent less than 30 dollars. I saw a few other parts I wanted but felt they were overpriced. My neighbor bought a barber pole about 2 ft long and felt like he got a good deal on it. I thought it was overpriced also. He also bought a dang NICE blasting cabinet for $60.00. I thought it alright but too hot.

13. wino01

wino01

I picked up a hood and splash aprons for my Model A, oh yea, and some '32 pedals. Had a good time, good to see you again TP. Be careful up in New York!!! Holler when your back in the area.

14. JJK

JJK

Went, didn't see much to mention but City BBQ more than made up for the trip.

[​IMG]

15. BELLM

BELLM

I bought a couple of things, visited with a few friends I hadn't seen in a while, spent a couple of enjoyable hours hanging out and having lunch with some close friends. Good way to spend a Saturday morning, beat the hell out of staying home spraying mesquite in my pasture! Was there last year will go back next year.

16. houston54

houston54

A buddy and I made the trek out from NW Houston on Saturday in my 54 and although I did not find what I was looking for I did find some good parts at good prices for my 58 pickup project. There were not a lot of vendors but for where it is located, outside a major metro area, there was enough to see to make the drive worth it.
    There were some good buys to be had and most of the price was reasonable as in not like Pate prices.
    It could be better and hopefully it will continue to grow. Anyone grousing about the promoters should step back and try to understand what is involved in setting something like this up. I am sure they have costs to recoup and if the turnout is low they risk losing money. Pay their prices, put out your wares and hope for the best.

The venue was good with enough shade but the heat is killing everything in Texas not just crowd turn out.

I will make the drive out next year.

17. robleticia

robleticia

I bought some tool box stickers, pink sunglasses for my daughter and some fishing reels for my son. Basically the swap meet sucked! Too far for me to drive again, 2 1/2 hours to look at junk, overpriced junk at that! Not to mention the heat, holy crap it was hot! I could of gotten over that if there was some good stuff to buy. Oh well, I got to meet g1hotrod (cool cat!) and we had some really good Mexican food at Los Patrones, I think thats what it was called?? Anyway, it was still better than sitting at home dreaming about a swap meet. Humble in two weeks and Conroe after that, those are good meets!

18. wildthing rod & custom

wildthing rod & custom
    from texas

to the sunglass vendor--g1 hotrod--every swapmeet has rules and you can't sell concession items out of a vendor spot-- we would be glad to handle any problem but we can't allow you to compete with food vendors who pay to be there just like you---if we only had a couple not happy i guess we did pretty good--- some people you can't make happy --matt 512 581 2802---(can't control the weather) thanks for all the support-- the swapmeet doubled this year and presales for next year are way up

19. robleticia

robleticia

did anyone see the lady passing out business cards for "Auto Title Recovery"?? Holy smokes!! I think I walked by her booth at least 18 times....well at least that's how many business cards I found in my pocket anyway! DAYUM!

20. It was great to meet up with you, I will be at Humbleand conroe so stop by and visit again and just chill..

21. kkustomz

kkustomz
    from Texas

No joke, I guess that was the one nice thing I saw while I was there. I took one card even thou I didn't want it.

22. robleticia

robleticia

Here is a picture of the good time we had at Giddings. Thats me, Racrdad and JMD82 at the table. JRacer1 was working the camera. And the last two are what happened to my truck on the way home.:eek:

Attached Files:

23. JRACER1

JRACER1
    from Bryan, Tx,

Notice how JDM82 has ALL the chips!!

Sorry to see that hapen to your truck Rob.

24. JRACER1

JRACER1
    from Bryan, Tx,

I had a good time at the meet. It was hot for sure!! Here are a couple of my scores...

An AC tachometer in the box with instructions....

And a Creitz intake manifold.

Attached Files:

25. Racrdad

Racrdad

I cant quit thinking about the toothpick we found in the bottom of the basket of chips!

[​IMG]

26. JRACER1

JRACER1
    from Bryan, Tx,

hahahhahhahha!!!

27. robleticia

robleticia

28. JRACER1

JRACER1
    from Bryan, Tx,

We tried to get you to buy that one at Giddings....but NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

29. Racrdad

Racrdad

He said a Nova, not giant rust flakes that vaguely ressembled the shape of a Nova.

30. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

Your talking about the 'Headlights" aren't you.