Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Frank Schreader (Franks Antique Auto) Crosses the Finish Line! God speed My Friend,

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Harms Way, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Harms Way

Harms Way

Its with a heavy heart I bring you some sad news,... A friend to a LOT of Hot Rodders and Restorers all throughout Michigan, and surrounding states,.. Finished his race today.

As some of you will remember I asked for your prayers and support for Frank Schreader on Aug.11,... He came through his surgery with flying colors,.. When I would talk to him, after he got back home, He was getting more and more excited about his current project,... And as recently as yesterday we talked about him doing an A-V8 Highboy project.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=616196

He was really thankful to all that responded to that thread on the HAMB, Not only in posted responses,.. but also in phone calls. He was so impressed, He asked me to look into a more modern computer for him,.. So he could get up to speed on the HAMB himself,... There is no way for me to describe how much he could have brought to this board.

Right after the usual Tuesday morning "get together" breakfast for the local Hot Rod guys this morning,.. I jumped in my car and was heading for My Shop,... I get a call on the cell phone.

It was Frank,.. Sounding pretty darn chipper,.... "Watcha' doing?" He asked,... I told him I was heading to the shop,... what my plans were for the day,... some small talk, Then I told him "Frank I going to be driving through a dead zone,.. I might loose you",... He said,.. "Well give me a call later,... Theres something I've been thinking about,.. and I want to discuses it with you",... I told him I had to take my Wife down to Saginaw tonight,.. And I'll have a couple hours to kill,.. I might just stop by,.. even better, he said.

About a hour later,.. I called Franks House, And Faye (Franks lovely Lady) answered the phone,... From the sound of her voice I asked if it was a bad time,... And she said, "The Ambulance is here" Those words made my heart sink into my shoes,....

Hours passed with no word,.... Then the phone rings as My Wife and I are on I-75 heading for Saginaw,... It was Franks brother Tom, With the news, Frank had passed away a little while before.

As I get older I keep seeing more and more ol' Hot Rod pals,.. "getting there checkered flags" There all rough to take,... But some are a lot rougher than others,..... This one pegs the meter.

Sometimes words cant even begin to express what a heart and soul is feeling,... This is certainly one of those times. My Heart goes out to the Love of Franks life Faye,... His Son & Daughter, His Mother, His Brother,... and His many Friends.

Once again,... The world of Hot Rodding is a little less bright then it was this morning,.... We all have our own "Finish Line" to cross someday,.. First or last,... it doesn't mater,... It's HOW you finish the race that counts.

Frank You finished well,... Maybe someday I'll see you in Victory Lane,.. Until then,... GOD speed My Friend.

2. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

This really hits home. GODspeed Frank Schreader.

3. KustomF100

KustomF100
    from Joliet, IL

I am proud to have been a friend of Franks. He was a very kind man, and I always enjoyed dealing with him and his brother Tom. Bothe great guys. Few people probably know that Frank had one of the first hot rod shops east of the Misissippi, and if I recall he started around 1975.

A more knowledgable guy you may never find. God speed and rest in peace my friend.

4. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Godspeed Frank.

5. Cadillacjerk

Cadillacjerk

Very well written, I didn't know the man but your words make me feel as if I did....I'm sorry for your loss

6. Harms Way

Harms Way

I posted this really late last night,... Here is a bump for the day crowd.

7. hotrod1948

hotrod1948
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Milton, WI

A true friend. Great guy and always willing to swap a story or deal parts. God speed my friend.

8. phat rat

phat rat

R.I.P. Frank.

9. Clevername

Clevername

Very eloquent. You said "The world of Hot Rodding is a little less bright then it was this morning,..."
    I think with guys like you in it -it will be ok.

Kelvin

10. Unfortunately, I never had the opportunity to meet Frank even though he was kind of a local legend in this area. By the time I really got into traditional hot rods, he had closed his shop and was slowing down a bit.

I have been told numerous times over the past few years that "you should call Frank" when I was looking for parts or had a question on how to do something.

Well - coulda, woulda, shouda... I never did and regret that fact. I'm sure there was a lot to be learned from Frank. He had truly "been there and done that" and earned much respect from the car guys in our area.

May his family and friends find peace in this difficult time.

11. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Sorry for your loss and RIP.....

12. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Godspeed Frank, and prayers for those still here.

13. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Very well written post, and may God Bless his soul, as well as his family and friends, including you. He now has not only won the race, but is maybe waiving the checkered flag for all Hot Rodder's.
    You have my sympathies,
    Bob

14. R.I.P. Frank. Our world was a better place for you having been here.

Charlie

15. TerrorSwain

TerrorSwain

Sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family, as well as Frank's family.

16. R.I.P Frank

17. bob t!

bob t!
    BANNED

had the shop tour many times and bought parts from frank.always very friendly to me.r.i.p.

18. Chopped Tudor

Chopped Tudor
    from DETROIT

Very sad to hear this. I remember going to the shop all the time when I was a kid, looking at all the cars and parts. I couldn't wait to have my own one day. Well that day came, it started with a model a sedan body and a nice new chassis that Frank and his brother Tom built for me. Rest in peace Frank, there are plenty of hot rods to build in heaven.

19. Harms Way

Harms Way

Just wanted to let you know,... As per Frank's request/wishes There will be no funeral, or memorial service,.. He was concerned for family and friends having to travel from all over the place, just didn't make sence to him.

I have had a couple people contact me about where to send condolences, flowers or donations,... Condolences can be posted here and the family will print them off, They are greatly appreciated. Thanks to those that have already responded.

If you are inclined to send flowers or want to send a donation, The Family requests that instead, you pick out a favorite Diabetes organization, and give them a donation in Franks name.

Again, On behalf of the Frank Schreader family, thanks so much for your kind words and condolences in this particularly difficult time.

( I am reposting this for the daytime crowd. And deleted this post from last night)

20. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Sad news indeed. It was always a pleasure to stop at the shop and visit with the guys whenever I was in the area. Could not have been treated nicer. Wonderful fellows. My deepest heartfelt condolences to Frank's family and many, many legions of friends.:(

21. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

It's a sad day in the Hot Rod community in Michigan.....

22. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

23. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

RIP Frank, condolences to his family and friends

24. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I remember stopping in to look at a green hot rod pick up in the lot. Didn't know it at the time but it was the restored Alexander Bros Grasshopper. He bent my ear for about two hours. Really cool guy.

25. burnin53

burnin53
    from cuba,n.y.

So sorry for your loss. I'm sure he'll stay in your memory forever,though.
    Rest in peace,Frank.

26. jdubbya

jdubbya

Always enjoyed shop tours with Frank, and being able to pick his brain for ideas about my projects. I have bought several parts from Frank, and been there atleast a few dozen other times to check stuff out, and he was always willing to spend time BS-ing. RIP my friend, you will be missed.

27. RAY With

RAY With

We are losing so many Friends /Craftmen It's hard to believe. RIP