Register now to get rid of these ads!

made a dash for my t-bucket

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Noah*, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Noah*

Noah*

I'll be there.

2. I Drag

I Drag

Bro, it wasn't me that posted that dash. 1985 called, they want their billet dash back.

3. slinginrods

slinginrods
    from florida

now here goes a guy who makes somethin cool for his car and somebody has to give him a hard time about it.if you dont like his stuff just go to another post.my fiberglass 23 t bucket is parked by a nice steel brookeville roadster.there both still hot rods come on down to fl ill give ya ride in em if ya dont believe me.smallbock chevies and skulls kick ass by the way.

4. Willy301

Willy301

I like it, would also look good if you painted it body color and "brush" the highspots with 600 grit for that subdued look

5. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

^^^ x2

6. Sunshine14

Sunshine14

I like it! people give me shit for some of the so called billet shit on my truck but all mine is home made as well but there will always be haters.

7. HopFrog

HopFrog
    from no where

That is one awesome looking dash!

But I was wonderin'... Where are you going to mount the propane tank that is going to keep those defrosters burning? And shouldn't they go on top of the dash instead of under?

hmmm, there's a '64 cut off date? don't remember reading that. but anyway, spreading the gospel of traditional hot rods and customs doesn't mean chasing everyone off. you just have to work harder on the converts LOL

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
  8. paintcan54

paintcan54

Nice looking dash, good luck on your build. Would like to see more pics as you move along on the build, keep the pics coming. Remember it's your car build it as you want it to be, and enjoy the ride. I have a very "OT T Bucket" and a lot of HAMBers who have seen it, like it.

9. raidmagic

raidmagic

Looks great! Nice vision on the flat spot on the right side of the dash...I wouldn't have thought of that.

10. storm king

storm king

I thought the initial comment, nice billet in your 'glass car was funny.
    I wouldn't worry too much about the HAMB snob's, Noah. They're cut of the same cloth as the Ferrari snobs, etc.
    Nobody bitches about all the guys, including Ryan, who have bagged cars, as if THAT's traditional.
    Nice work, and oh, by the way, you tools out there, fiberglass cars ARE traditional...

11. Mayor of G-Vegas

Mayor of G-Vegas

X2 Great lookin dash!

12. Noah
    Really nice work. Great use of the tools and resources you have available. You made it. You should be proud of it. :)

13. It is people like this guy that has me still checking in on this site as I find some here are so far up their asses they can nolonger smell the roses.

14. 1950heavymetal

1950heavymetal

wow the dash looks great!

15. Six-Shooter

Six-Shooter
    from Ohio

I like what you've done with the dash including the black trim around the edge. What is the trim piece made of?

16. You built something cool for you car by yourself with the tools at hand. Job well done!

17. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Wow, nice job. I really hate those wooden dashes. That a nice change.

18. Dash looks tits! Shifter in the dash is a cool change of pace! And as long as you like it who cares what everyone else thinks! SCREW EM!

19. TerrorSwain

TerrorSwain

I agree that dash is pretty friggen awesome!!! And don't let the "glass" haters get to ya.....there is some in every group

20. Noah*

Noah*

The trim piece is made from 1/2" acrylic. I ran a router around the edges to round-over the edges.

21. Noah*

Noah*

Changed the shifter and made some rubber mats today.

Attached Files:

22. Iceberg460

Iceberg460

Nice work man, the dash looks good.

23. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

VERY clean and functional. Looks great, man.

24. Blind Elwood

Blind Elwood

I like your new dash. But the Shifter is the real treat for me.

Blind Elwood

25. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

I dig the dash, but I realy like the shifter as well. Cool car, don't let the haters bring you down. I was brought up if you don't have any thing nice to say. Keep you thoughts to your self.

26. roddinron

roddinron

I said it before and I'll say it again, if they'd of had CNC machines available in the 40's and 50's, billet would be traditional. Each generation of artists/craftsman works with the tools they have available to them, and if the Barris brothers had a CNC machine, the Hirohata merc would have probably been rollin' on a set of one off billet wheels. I laugh every time someone calls billet ugly, it may not suit your style, but calling it ugly seems a bit of a stretch.
    I like your dash, but it's not my style, if you'd have bought it, you'd be gettin' nothing but shit here.
    This is a really interesting thread.

27. sololobo

sololobo

W.T.F., the thing is beautiful. Don't be a bunch of nay sayers when a guy builds a nice piece. Just my opinion, and who f'n cares what I think. ~sololobo~

28. wickedgoodracer

wickedgoodracer

after a second look and some thought i would like to admit my first statement was WRONG...........i'm still kinda choke'in on THAT word.

T buckets have always been COOL,steel,plastic,glass,and wood are all fine.HELL,my brother in-law built a canoe outa cement and it 'rocked' hahaha

29. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

Your dash looks great!Nice work!Looks to me like you did it the "old way" made exactly the part you wanted with your own skills!The only thing new about Billet is the damn word!I don't know how many times I read "the owner CARVED or Whittled this part out of a chunk of Aluminum/steel in his garage"This was in 50s and 60s car mags !George Hurst supposedly got the idea for his T handle drag knob from seeing the ones that some club ran in their cars!As a member you were required to carve out your own aluminum shift knob in the club style.Air ride suspension ?While not in a hot rod Ford offered air ride in 57-58 it was an expensive failure people that bought it got springs installed soon after due to constant air bag failures.glass bodies were being made in the late 50s.Bird and Almquist were offering T kits with financing in the early 60s.