Register now to get rid of these ads!

1964 fairlane wagon interior????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tahern, Jul 6, 2011.

1. tahern

tahern
    BANNED
    from Kentucky

Hey guys I could use your help. I started a wagon project because I have too many kids and ill kill my self before I will drive a minivan:rolleyes: So I got a straight 64 fairlane wagon, but the interior is trashed. Anyone know where I can find a interior kit for this thing? Any good supliers? Your help is always appreciated. Terry

2. shanesflames

shanesflames

Never seen wagon stuff..Dearborn clasics if some of the 64 fairlane 500 stuff will fit...Just did mine in two tone blue..it rocks but get there rattle bomb for the arm rests they arnt quite rite.

3. speedyb

speedyb
    from socal

Welcome to the world of Fairlane ownership, they ain't no falcon and they ain't no mustang, and very little interchanges. Finally a few years ago a few companys began to make door panels and seat covers for models besides hardtops.

4. rdrunner1974

rdrunner1974
    from Vermont

5. Unless you are trying to restore the car your best bet is to find a local trim shop and pick out some nice material and replace the worn out stuff.

They can help you with the carpet also. HRP

6. overspray

overspray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just started a wagon project and I'm going with JC Whitney seat covers and carpet. Good price and I've done these before. The seat covers are made by LeBaron Bonney/EZ Boy. I'm using the pleated vinyl seat covers. It took me about a half a day to do the seats on the last project, after I collected new padding and had everything ready to go. I'm doing a Chevy so I was able to find a repro headliner, kick panels and some other pieces. The door panels I will recover with extra seat cover material, which you can order by the yard with the JC Whitney seat covers. There will be a fair amount of repainting of metal trim, which I will have to remove anyway.

overspray

7. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

I feel that pain, boy do I feel it. Our cars are the overlooked children of remanufacterers.

8. fomocochoptop

fomocochoptop

I work for a company that manufactures replacement interior for older american cars.
    we currently make the rear seat covers for your make and model. it is made in all vinyl and very close to original. photos.
    Thank you, Fernando Rodriguez
    The Company i work for is Distinctive Industries in Santa Fe Springs, California
    Currently in need of a front bench seat for a wagon a split bench seat for a 1964 fairlane 500.

9. tahern

tahern
    BANNED
    from Kentucky

Anyone else know of a supplier or have one with a nice interior. they are parting out? Dearborn was little help. What from a sedan will work? Any info as always is appreciated again Terry

10. SLCK64

SLCK64

I second the idea of taking it to a reputable upholstery shop and having them do it. Just dont be picking out the mink or fine leather, and you will be surprised at the bill.

11. tahern

tahern
    BANNED
    from Kentucky

I really wanted a off the shelf distributor if one exists. I could make seats and door panels myself. But really want the factory look.

12. Shizzelbamsnapper

Shizzelbamsnapper
    from Ohio

Good luck and let me know if you find some one. I've been looking for 2 yrs now.:mad: Our local shop wants 1500 (yes 1500) for the front seat alone without factory vinyl......

My Mexican blankets suit me just fine.

13. spike427

spike427
    BANNED
    from Kentucky

I have some front seat covers NOS if you tell me what color you need but without anything cloth I maybe able to help?

14. stationWAGONS

stationWAGONS
    from Vegas

Seems one of the only ones making interior kits for some of the more obscure Falcon/Comet/Fairlane models the big places don't carry is
    the guy at "Falcon/Comet interiors".

http://home.earthlink.net/~falconcomet1963/

Or Google, "Falcon Comet Interiors".

He's in WA State. Phone(206)781-5230
    =================================
    I am not saying he knows it all, but try him.
    The regular Falcon stuff he seems keen on what's what, and the site also says he has patterns for some Comets and fairlanes.

I know with the rarer models I have tried him on (proper 1962 Falcon Squire insert pattern, 1962 Comet Villager woodie...he didn't seem to know they were different. Hadn't even heard of the Comet Villager.
    But with normal ones...he might have a Fairlane wagon pattern he can stitch up in something.

Who knows. Seems like a nice guy though! Prices on the normal, original-type Falcon stuff (carpet, etc.) are good.

No sales clerk at a big parts supplier will even be able to guide you any better than he would I am sure.

falconcomet1963@Earthlink.net
    Phone(206)781-5230, 24Hours Fax(206)781-5046, Orders (888)609-2363
    ORIGINAL FALCON INTERIORS: 6343 Seaview Ave. NW, Seattle, WA 98107-2664

15. Hearing Fairlane owners complain makes me laugh....Try owning a Mercury!

16. Jim 68cuda

Jim 68cuda
    from Virginia

I suggest SMS Auto Fabrics. My guess is that they might have or make the pieces you need using the factory correct materials. If you can only get a kit for a 2 door model, you might be able to get extra matching material and have an upholstery shop modify the upholstery kit to fit the bench seats of your wagon.

17. If you find a four door parts cars with a good interior you might have a start, that is what I've been doing. Though you have note that the rear seat on a Fairlane wagon is narrower than the 4dr seat, but you can modify the seat cover to fit. Door panels, kick panels should be the same, also the 4dr carpet needs an extra 12-15" to cover the rear floor.

There is a guy on here that was creating patterns for the wagon rear seat. He may be able to set you up with a seat cover set, the carpet should be able to get off of ebay. The headliner I got from autokrafters, it was a reall nice kit.
    PM fomocochoptop for the seat covers.

18. Swifster

Swifster

Don't complain. The interior complete in my Stude is $3200...

That being said...

1) Carpet - Should be a piece of cake. The four door should work, and IF there was rear carpet, you can get it bulk from whoever you order the rest of the carpet from.

2) Headliner - Any place that makes headliners for the 2/4 door cars should be able to supply the material to do a long roof. You'll probably need to hunt for a reasonably priced trim shop to trim and install it.

3) Kick Panels - Same as 2/4 door.

4) Seats - The front bench should be the same as the 4-door. Finding the material is the hard part. Harder to find if it a seat with cloth inserts. But you should still be able to find something. The backseat should be the same way. I'm assuming the oriniginal seats are still in the car to use as a patern, even if trashed. Just doing a quick search on the intraweb shows most/all kits are for 2-door coupes and sedans. Nothing for 4-doors or wagons.

5) Door Trim Panels - Should be the same as the 4-door. The question is are they available for the four door? As for the seats, I see trim panels for 2-doors and no other applications.

The seats and door trim will be the expensive items. You have patterns. Anything can be made. The question is how much do you want to spend? The other thing you can do is...hunt. I'd like to think that there is one of everything for every car ever built sitting in someones basement, even if that basement belongs to Jay Leno. I'd bet you could find the seat covers and door trim as NOS in any color you want if you look hard enough.

19. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

I have used this guys stuff on several cars. Great quality. He does most 62-65 Fairlanes.

20. fairlane_1958

fairlane_1958
    from Oregon

Terry, how is the wagon coming along any progress pics.

Bob

21. nailz

nailz
    from San Diego

I just got the whole enchilada from SMS for my 62 Country Squire, another car thats impossible to find interior parts for. The front and back seat material came quick as well as the carpet, but the door panels took forever. The headliner came quick but had to convert it over to bow style. It was really expensive but looks awesome!

22. spike427

spike427
    BANNED
    from Kentucky

I've got NOS front seat covers,original colors etc.as long as I know what color you need I might be able to help out?