Register now to get rid of these ads!

What's it worth? 63, 64 Corvette carb and manifold

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by genosslk, Aug 29, 2011.

1. genosslk

genosslk

I ended up with a 64 Corvette four barrel manifold casting number 3799349 and a Carter carb that is dated to 63 Corvette number 3460S.

Any guesses to it value?

2. brad chevy

brad chevy

Probably worth something to the Corvette crowd,but seems like here lately people think just because it came off a Corvette makes it special. List it on the Corvette site unless you want it sitting on the shelf for awhile.

3. k9racer

k9racer

Its cast iron.. also came on passenger cars with what was called a hi performance engine.. its some what common..

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I bought a '59 COrvette Carb, intake, fuel filter bowl, Distributer tie down. Pretty much everything you'd see on a 1959 Corvette when it's running, and it was taken off the car in the 60's and is in mint conition pretty much and I paid $150 for it. I'm sure a vette guy would pay more but I'm really not interested in paying more for it.

So I guess I'd put it in the $150-200 range for hot rod dudes and $300 for the guy that NEEDs it?

5. I sold some pretty worthless (to me) Corvette parts (carb, manifold, and dual point distributor) on the Bay a few years back at decent prices because I took the time to get number details, including date info and found they were valuable to restorers who wanted the perfect numbers matching car. ...sold each part separately, and loaded the add with all the info I could find off the parts. ...just stuff I got with a junkyard motor or over the counter at a Chevy dealer, years ago.

6. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

The 3460S carb is worth more than the intake. Those cast iron AFB intakes go for $50-$75, as they came on all of the 300hp 327 passenger cars as well. The fact that it's the earlier "349" casting number makes it worth a bit more than the later "459" intakes. I had a nice, complete 3460S a couple years ago and got around $250 for it.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  7. 92GTA

92GTA

Ummm, check the date code, if it uses 2 digits for the year it's a passenger car intake, it there is only 1 digit for the year it's a vette part. Plain and simple. Just because something has a pass/vette casting # does not make it correct for both.

IF it's a vette part, a buyer needing that date code will pay upwards of $150 just for the intake, other $50-$75 as mentioned is average. The estimate given for the carb is also in the ballpark.