Register now to get rid of these ads!

Scrappers stole my 29 Sedan !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by #1 Kawboy, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Not extreme at all....
    Your property.....legal or illegal thieves....you did the right thing.
    We recently had a series of burglaries within 3 houses of me where they cut the screens/etc and came in stealing what they could while the people were at home watching TV in the other room.
    Time to get tough with these creeps..
    Sorry for your loss.

2. brad chevy

brad chevy

Keep your enemies close but keep your friends even closer. Scrappers ain"t going to pass up aluminum for rusty ass steel. Sounds like you got somebody that knows what you have and wanted it. Like said earlier motion detectors are cheap,but don"t let ( ANYBODY ) know you put them up. Remember Fla law is even better than Texas. You can protect yourself,family and property with deadly force. Hell man if you got a fenced in yard--descent secure fence-- put a good sized dog in there and let him do the protecting.

3. 92GTA

92GTA

Dude this thread makes me want to go buy and carry a gun just in case I ever do see this shit! I would freakin come unglued and see red if I had this happen!

4. Dan859

Dan859

Great line, exactly what I was thinking!

5. KROWN Kustoms

KROWN Kustoms

I carry one concealed every where I go just for these ass holes! Not marshall law, or rogue but I do know how and enjoy making things go to sleep permanently if need be!:D

6. The Hop Walla

The Hop Walla
    from Dallas

God bless Texas. I'm strapped all the time. They better hope and pray that I don't catch them stealing from me because it will be permanent.

dka

7. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

That why they make GUNS!!!!! I had some come down my street just went over and talked to em with my glock never seen em .............no mo

8. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

You need to make sure you post your property "NO TRESPASSING" to enforce by force.

9. gasolinescream

gasolinescream

Just wish we had your laws over here. Chances are if i do catch someone and give them a belting i'll get arrested. This has happened many times before and very rarely does the owner of the place get away for sticking up for themselves. If i get a police record my job working with 14-19 years olds is gone for sure. Same goes with dogs, unless you have signs, fences etc etc its very hard to get away with letting your dog get them and you're dog is taken off you and destroyed. Sucks big time.

Really don't know what to say about your stuff going, apart from looking around the scrap yards and keeping an eye for it being re-sold. Are there possibly any CCTV cameras in the local area that may have caught them.

Good luck, Dan

10. During the aftermath of Hurricane Rita, there were scrappers taking AC units from the new/unsold homes in my neighborhood.

I had just moved into mine and had to level a 12 gauge at a truckload of these scumbags to prevent them from coming onto my property.

11. budd

budd

i guess i'm lucky up here were i live, the scrap metal yards are the crooks, they pay you maybe $60 a ton, what are they paying in the US?

12. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

:) don't worry; we're genuine, nice people and very low key. those neighbors who we arn't worried about...know that and we're all good friends. its just the general people who inhabit the area who sit in the bushes next to the yard toroll their drugs that we're worried about or the people that i've caught strolling people's yards at 11pm at night on my way home in the neighborhood. we'd much rather have people think we're a bunch of redneck lunatics with guns than pushovers. its a good thing to have 2 large dogs in the house who don't like people in their yard...even the mail man :)

13. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

Been flooded out of our home for 11 weeks. Nothing has came up missing and I'm I'n the country. I made it very clear to certain people that I would shoot anyone that came to our property, and if I didn't catch them my neighbor would. As long as those certain people know I'm not fucking around about it, I feel confident that they have told the rest of the theifs not to go down there. It's worked so far!

14. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

I hear ya, my dog Jake is 100 pounds of meat, muscle and mouth. People just walking by jump when he barks and woe to anyone stupid enough to jump the fence. 'Course if my granddaughters decide to hit the place he'll show 'em where everything is and expect a scratch for it.:D

15. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The last load of (prepared iron) I hauled from my junk brought right at 200 a ton. I think Tin was about 6 cents a lb. The local junk yards pay anywhere from 100 to 200 for any junk car with a title at them moment.
    I put a mid 80's fwd Cad deville on Craigslist for 200 that had a bad water pump and 30 minutes later a guy calls and says he will take it and he showed up in the morning with cash. He didn't even look the car over he just matched the vin on the title to the one on the car and hauled it away.

I don't have much problem with stray people showing up because my driveway is 400 ft long and right now there is 10 ft tall corn on all sides for at least 400 to 800 ft before you can reach any way out.
    [​IMG]
    It has a nice field of fire too.

16. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

I HATE thieves! I have had so much stuff stolen off me and it makes me extremely angry just thinking about it. Most of the stuff that has come up missing around here scrappers wouldn't be that interested in. I doubt scrappers got the big input shaft ford toploader 4-speed, Cobra Jet heads and 4V Cleveland heads. Some dumb ass stole all the carburetors, throttle cables and foot feed pedals off of all the Mavericks, I doubt that was scrappers unless they are paying big at the scrap yard for 6 cylinder carbs. All the chrome gas caps went missing off my pickups. The gas caps off the Mavericks walked off. I've noticed various emblems missing off some of my cars. Somebody tried to pry the head light bezel and the big emblem off the hood of my 59 IH pickup breaking both. I notice more stuff missing or damaged all the time.

17. RichtersRodz

RichtersRodz

We had so many business cards from the the police and the report #'s that we had to
    start writing on the back of the card, what was stolen with that report #. The cops
    finally told my wife, "You know you can defend your property, if you catch them in your yard" .. wink.. wink. We got the message. We just have really cool shit to steal.

When I was down in San Antone in the Air Force, this fella heard his Mustang start up,
    and take off. He grabbed the gun, and took off after it in his other car. He proceeded
    to shoot the shit out of his car, putting holes all in it, til he got the thief to stop.
    It was all over the news about what a great job he did, and how he was in the right
    for what he did.. He shot the shit out of his car, but at least he stood his ground..
    True story...

18. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

why dont you guys with lots of scrappers dig a hole and fill it with concrete and a ring, then chain and old engine block to it, then charge it with a model t coil.

19. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

You sure it was a scrapper? You say you called a guy to come take it to build it up, then it mysteriously vanished? Hmmm, the cynic in me says someone copnnected with "the guy" is involved. Maybe I watch too much tv.

20. Graham-Cracker

Graham-Cracker

Cops are to lazy to do any thing nowadays. My buddy said the next little bas---- caught stealing on his place will go in the wood chipper aimed at his carp pond. Problem solved .

21. Mike Rotch

Mike Rotch
    from Easley SC

Leave something in sight that's just too tempting for them. These people are morons, they'll be back. When they return be there waiting to give them a stern talking to about the dangers of trespassing and thievery.

22. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

someone knew what you had back there since it was hidden from view. Showing off your project and parts is the biggest mistake people make because then they wake up the next day and it's suddenly gone. And the first thing that comes to mind is scavengers took it for scrap.

23. You're dead wrong (pun intended), we have the castle law here as well.
    We have those same rights and I for one would use them in a heart beat.

24. The law enforcement people need to get this under control. They need to visit every scrap yard and let them know buying stolen property is a crime. Stealing copper around here is huge. We need a law requiring ID to sell copper if you ask me. Then the cops could follow up on it. Even if there were a law requiring newly purchased scrap to sit for a day or two it would give people some time to let the authorities know about the theft and possibly recover it.

25. belair

belair

The mothers got my cherry 51 Buick 2-door.

26. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

27. mob53

mob53

Some guy was snooping around my garage yesterday while I was at work. My wife told him to beat it or she'd let my big dog loose on him. He lives to bite bad guys.

28. I've had problems with drug creeps coming down our road claiming they lost their dog and where looking for it, No! they are actually lying and 'looking' around our yard for anything precious enough for them to take! Creeps think they're so clever.
    My best idea is to slap 'Trackers' on my car and things.

29. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

Then you'll have to melt down the chipper to get rid of the evidence.

30. jb39chev

jb39chev
    from Conroe,TX.

Haven't had anything taken from my place(yet). Guess it helps having a DPS officer and a County Sheriffs Deputy living next door. Both leave their patrol cars in front of their houses.