Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Billetproof Hot Rod Eruption Drags 2011 - Photos

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Choptop, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Choptop

Choptop

What a great day at the track. The NorthWest brings out some of the best cars and best folks there are anywhere. Riverdale Raceway is a track the way they used to be, asphalt, dirt and some timing lights. Loads of fun.

We did some cool things at the track, raffled off rides in some of the faster cars, with the proceeds to help out the privately owned and still being built track. A home built aerobatics plane did some great maneuvers overhead (the pilot is a friend of the track owner and came out to thrill the crowd), and we ran and ran the track until some ran out of gas. :D

Still on the road and the way home tonight, will post up a TON of photos on Monday... but here are a few until then.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 29, 2011
  2. Choptop

Choptop

3. Payaso

Payaso

Flickr is not fulling participating...can you kindly ask Flickr to let me see the rest of the pictures...

Alan...You Rock man!!

4. Bitchin !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Here are some of mine.

Attached Files:

6. Choptop

Choptop

Will have the pics up on the Billetproof Website on Tues. Will update this thread.

7. Choptop

Choptop

Flickr is pissing me off... :D

here are the pics from the Billetrproof photo server (studebaker powered :D)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Choptop

Choptop

9. Choptop

Choptop

10. Choptop

Choptop

One of the cool things we were able to do is raffle off a couple of rides in some of the faster cars at the track. The Frantic Rat is a 37 with ~1100hp. It runs low 6's in the 1/8, low 8's in the 1/4. It launches HARD and is one hell of a ride.

Joyce "The Hot Rod Lady" won a ride (if you have ever been to a hot rod show in the NorthWest, you know Joyce, she is one of the nicest people I have ever met), and it couldnt have gone to a better person. She had always wanted to drag race back in the day but life didnt work out to make that happen for her. She was grinning ear to ear the whole time and was practically in tears from being so happy at the end of it all.

Congrats Joyce!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BTW, this is Joyce's ride. She drives it EVERYWHERE.
    [​IMG]

11. Muttley

Muttley

That T-Bird is pretty cool. Its about time someone cuts one off those things up, I'm sick & tired of seeing everyone of them being 100 point concours restorations.

12. Choptop

Choptop

13. Choptop

Choptop

14. Choptop

Choptop

15. Wicked awesome thread...hopefully next year take my pickup...bolt on some slicks and raise the torsion bars up... :D

16. HOTRODRUBBER

HOTRODRUBBER

I LOVE how the begining of this video shows my boy's 66 Fairlane AWB that was told to leave the track after one run, yes he recieved his money back but thats not my point. You told a Alterd Wheel Base car to leave the race track becuase it did not fit the criteria. Some rules are meant to be bent. Not cool for him but I had a great time.

This traditional Shit sometimes gets in the way is all I am saying:D

LOVE YOU ALL!!!

Thanks
    HOTRODRUBBER

17. Choptop

Choptop

h
    Personally dig the car and the guy. Unfortunately I wasnt the one that talked to him.

personally I really dont care about a year cut-off at the drags as long as the car is right for the scene, ala, the Fairlane....
    however I get REALLY sick of getting calls, emails and posts after the fact with people complaining about our of year cars. I get SCREAMED at, called names, accused of allllll kinds of bullshit because of it. Its kinda getting old.

Damned if you do, so you might as well :D

if you talk to him, tell him no offense. Kinda like he wouldnt be allowed to run his car at an all Chevy meet.