Register now to get rid of these ads!

long island h.a.m.b ers and the hurricane

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lorodz, Aug 27, 2011.

1. alleyoop

alleyoop

2. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Not much rain here so far in southeast MA, but it's starting to get pretty windy. With the number trees around us I can hear breaking so far...losing power is only a matter of time.:(

Stay safe everyone!!

3. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

I just heard on the news that the storm is winding down , and did not cause too much havoc, best luck to the Jersy boys (Pat ) and all my Beatnick buddies that live on the east coast.

4. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

A tree fell on a house on the street behind me.....other than that, all good here....never lost power.... SO FAR.....good luck to the rest of yas!

5. lorodz

lorodz

Still without power. 14 hours now. Car is great. Just a crazy morning trees down everyplace I rescued a pregnant female dog from a flooded area near the beach super cute pitbull she's was wet cold and hungry hungry I looked for a owner with no luck so had no choice but to drop her at the closest shelter
    I've had a dead cell phone all day till just now.

6. lorodz

lorodz

Still without power. 14 hours now. Car is great. Just a crazy morning trees down everyplace I rescued a pregnant female dog from a flooded area near the beach super cute pitbull she's was wet cold and hungry hungry I looked for a owner with no luck so had no choice but to drop her at the closest shelter
    I've had a dead cell phone all day till just now.

7. jimvette59

jimvette59

Not much here in Coram.

8. I'm in Brightwaters, loads of trees down all over. No damage at my place other than small branches and leaves all over my property and in the pool. I did put away everything and what was left out was tied down. I think the worst of it came through between 1 AM and 5 AM. We lost power for less that 5 hours total. Driving by the bay, that's a real mess and most of the roads are blocked by trees and wires. My clean up is minimal and now what to do with all the hurrican party food I bought?

Bob

9. Brian C

Brian C

^^^^ You could invite us all over. We'll be happy to help with your leftovers :D

Lots of tress down here is Islip. Lost power about noon on Sunday and I'm figuring tomorrow or Wed before we get it back. Over 400,000 without power on the Island alone. There are folks worse off than us, Vermont and western Mass got the snot kicked out of them too.

10. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

Lost power at about 1:30 in the morning still out. I am sitting in the library on the computer because I was having withdrawals.Drove around a couple of towns, did not see one LIPA truck doesn't look promising.

11. Yup, no LIPA trucks to be seen yesterday or today. Any other storm and they always had the private-contracting crews out right after. I did see a few tree-service crews in Bay Shore late yesterday afternoon, they were doing private houses and not adressing street blockages.

Bob

12. I have a feeling I'm going to plow through the chow this week since I want to use up as much out of the freezer as possible since it sat for a while with no power.

Bob

13. lorodz

lorodz

still no service im at my moms house on her internet .at 1 o clock they restored out power after calling them 2 times to let them no we were off for no aparent reason we had nothing but ome small branches come down by our neighbor hood. finally they sent someone out to fix it ..turns out a traffic light fell and that was the cause. i still have no cable my take a couple days for the internet to be restored ..other than that all is well cars are fine..hope everyone else is ok ....

14. shock733

shock733
    from Florida

No power in my part of West Hempstead since sat @11pm but fortunately no injuries or serious damage. lipa says the transformer is toast [ big explosion when it went ] and don't expect a new one till the end of the week. Got a 5500 wtt generator back feeding the house today. So I got hot water, refrigerator, TV and lights. The neighbor that complains about my hot rod being to loud has no problem with this noisy generator when I let him plug in his fridge. hope all are well

15. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

U bunch of east coast wimps! U should be I'n my shoes! Last week while taking our dog out to poo I tripped over a pile of money I'n my yard and broke a nail! Deal with that! ;)
    All kidding aside, I'm very glad the media blew this up way worse then it was! I know there's going to b a world of shit to cleanup, but thank the good lord it wasn't as bad as they claimed! Hope ya all recover quickly and get back to normal! Weather, the other deadly meat! :(