Register now to get rid of these ads!

What famous car made the biggest impression on you?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gassercrazy41, Jun 17, 2011.

1. squirrel

squirrel

I was 16 when I saw this

[​IMG]

A couple years later I saw two lane blacktop....

2. 63 Corvette Stingray, Car Craft Dream Rod(lives here in Minnesota now), Super Car, Graffiti Deuce and 55 Chev(sat in 32 ridden in 55). Batmobile, 1/25 scale Anglia. First Mustangs.

3. In real life, the black 1969 Daytona that cruised North Road in Coquitlam with "MaSteRChArGeR" written down each side in a mural. Zap's Hemi Under Glass GTX. Dan Wilderman's Demon. Ken Krutz street racing on Annicis Island in his butterscotch 440 six pack RoadRunner, All locally famous.

Famous "famous"?

Brian Addison

Attached Files:

4. Blackmaria60

Blackmaria60

When I was in the 6th grade, a friend and his dad bought a '27 T roadster. Not a hot rod, etc, but a restoration project. After that, I couldn't get enough old cars. It's been downhill ever since.
    He still has that Roadster.....

5. Blackmaria60

Blackmaria60

Actually, I should also include a '57 Chevy that was in HRM in the early '90s. Black, lowered, WWW, shaved, nosed, bubble skirts, and a black and silver? R&P interior, that the guy had done back in '62.
    Idk why that made such a big impression on me, but I ran out and got a '57 Chevy model and recreated it. It's still sitting in my basement w/all the goodies as the real one. Except for the front license plaque that said

"Everything else is just traffic"

Wish I still had that article.

6. gastruk

gastruk
    from minnesota

Does anyone remember a metal flake gold T bucket white rolled interior large carriage lamps on side of windshield?

7. gastruk

gastruk
    from minnesota

Does anyone remember a gold 3 window coupe powered by a very chromed engine. In the 70s on the way to the nats in went off the road flipped over and burned up.

8. This one...my first Hot Wheels.

Attached Files:

9. Deuces

Deuces

Lindberg still has the model kit of this one... ;)

10. Zykotec

Zykotec

Some of my favourites. The MAd MAx Interceptor made a huge impression on me, so someday I will own a black car with an engine sticking up to about the height of the roof with sidepipes. I know it's a bit off topic , but it just looks evil.
    [​IMG]
    Christine, I just love her, and the movie.
    [​IMG]
    But my favourite, the 'Il Tempo Gigante' from the Norwegian puppet movie 'Pinchcliffe Grand Prix, very on topic, and the real car made after the movie was based on a 'Ghostbusters' style Cadillac ambulance chassis.
    [​IMG]

11. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

There have been many that I really liked but my all time favorite was Jungle Jim and Pam.

They really put on a show and during the 60's it just seemed like they were all over the country do their thing.

I miss the match racing day's. That was such a cool time.

Every guy in the place would be hanging over the fence to see Pam and Jungle Jim.

They were legends in those days.

Jimbo

12. frankenfords

frankenfords
    from SoCal

Mooneyham and Sharp's 554 coupe, by far. Someday I'll build a sedan along these lines. Someday...

And the Venable Racing 'Hay Hauler' that Robby Gordon cleaned house in back in the late 80's. O/T, but this truck is/was awesome.

Attached Files:

13. Mercchev

Mercchev

The Hirohata Merc, in the August 1977 Street Rodder "Special Merc Issue". Never have forgot that one...

14. Kelly Burns

Kelly Burns

I have two cars that I can accuse of being the ones that brought me to the hot rod scene. The first one was the California Kid, which seems to pop up on several lists and pictured several times, but I'm posting a picture of exactly when the bug bite me! Then he comes across the bridge, I remember getting goose bumps! And when I saw the first side shot as he rolled through town, I knew I had a thing for 33-34s!

The other is Fat Jack's 46! Street Rods + drag racing! I was in! Then it turned out killer! Stance and all!! RIP!

Attached Files:

15. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

that is an amazing car

16. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

love fat jacks 46. that was some wreck at Fremont with it in the 80's though...

17. jade idol.. gets me every time i see it

18. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

i remember reading that article. i think i got the magazine around somewhere...

19. Roth's Outlaw first named Excaliber not Excalibur like the correct spelling blew me away as a fifteen year old kid. I decided that I would someday build things out of fiberglass just like Big Daddy Roth. A few years later I was excepted into General motors Institute and started a life's journey that a guy could only take in the USA. It started by learning sculpturing, and modeling in clay. Foundry patterns, and metallurgy was next. Then came fiberglass, and later composites. I became a Mechanical Engineer, and later after years of projects and experiences I became a Certified Master Modeler. Over the last forty plus years I've built anything and everything that was different. I never had the GOD given talent that Big Daddy Roth was born with, but I've had one grand life. I beleave if it wasn't for Roth's Outlaw, and his creative genius. I wouldn't have taken my life's work in the direction that it went in. For that I have held Big Daddy Roth in high reverence for the last fifty years. As of late it has been his memory.
    Every person lives there time in history. Big Daddy Roth left an impression that very few others could equal.
    Thanks for reading, Johnny Sweet
    Yes in the later part of his life we did get to know each other.

20. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

verry verry cool story man. thank you for sharing!:D

21. SIX_94Y

SIX_94Y
    from Australia

Lincoln Futura, obviously before being batmobile'd.

22. OldCharioteer

OldCharioteer

Don Garlits Swamp Rat. I just liked dragsters. The front engine old type were awesome. Not as safe but.........Chrysler engine with chrome stacks and a blower.....that's hard to beat for looks and sound.

23. OldCharioteer

OldCharioteer

Oh, and Norm Grabowsky's T roadster that was used in 77 Sunset strip. When I lived in So Calif , Tujunga, Norm cruised Foothill Blvd a lot in it. I have a Life magazine cover from way back with a black and white photo of Norm sitting in his roadster at Bob's Big Boy drive in chomping on a burger. He looks to be about 19 or 20. Maybe some of you remember him in some of the old beach movies.

24. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

i just saw it run at the world series of drag racing this weekend:D

25. Deuces

Deuces

Perfect launch!!! :)
    Man, I love this stuff!.. :D
    Hope I come across the 1/16 scale model kit of this one.. :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  26. srt

srt

I must agree. Friggin awesome.

27. srt

srt

garlits at lions and dick landy's 1st altered wheelbase dodge (at lions)and wild willie and the winged foot express (one arm draped over the side) and more smoke than a forest fire churning off the slicks

28. steves29

steves29

Dad's 35 Chevy, California kid, Milners coupe, and the batmobile !

29. miwi

miwi
    from Germany

What famous car made the biggest impression on me? The first famous car that I saw on cinema was a beetle named Herby and that small car impressed my a lot. Propably because my grandpa had one.
    An other car that was impressive to me was the Last Interceptor from the movie Mad Max., because it was different.

But there is one car what impressed me the most, the blue and white Ford Capri RS2600 "Werkscapri", perhaps not so famous in the states but here in Germany. It was a famous car on the racetracks during the '70. Those battles between the BMW 3.0CSL and the Capris where awesome. The sound of that beast impressed me the most.
    http://public.fotki.com/carsntrucks...oss-dyck-classi-1/ford-capri-rs-werks-31.html

30. cowboy1

cowboy1
    from Austin TX

I would say Project X