Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newb from Buffalo NY

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by kobblerken, Aug 27, 2011.

1. kobblerken

kobblerken

Hey everyone I would like to welcome myself to the forum. I was reffered by another member (Fedcospeed). I recently purchased a 1929 ford model A sedan body on a custom frame with a ford 302 and chopped top. Im 21 years old, and getting into the older cars because I can have something different than most my age. My background is working on nissans, up untill now thats all I've owned. So this old stuff is all new to me. In joining this forum I'm hoping to get some ideas of what can be done, and setups people run in thier cars such as steering, wiring and things I can do to build a car right. My father owns a welding/fab shop and I'm a state apprentice machinst Im hoping I can use my background with both to make some unique one off parts, but most importantly do the car right with what this site has to offer!

2. welcome! im interested in seeing what you are working on.

3. kobblerken

kobblerken

thanks, i'll try to get some pics up

4. hotrod_32

hotrod_32

Welcome,alittle south of you !

5. Working on a 29 Tudor also.
    Welcome from Michigan.

6. kobblerken

kobblerken

I said I recently purchased the car, but i actually knew I would be picking it up today, so i simplified it because I was assuming I would by the car. I did not have any money down on the car, but the guy knew i was serious. Good thing I had Fedcospeed go with me. He noticed alot more was in store for me if i purchased the car than i thought, it was rat rod material with half assed suspension geometry, so the hunt for a project continues. Maybe i can find something for sale on here.