Register now to get rid of these ads!

What to do with the 216.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Riva B., Aug 15, 2011.

1. big_jae

big_jae

ILL TAKE all of your unwanted 216's!!! Im not old or a "re-storer". They last forever if you take care of them. DONT SCRAP EM...SHOOT THEM MY WAY.

Building bombs...

2. Riva B.

Riva B.

Trying to get the thing unstuck.

3. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

My 216's been givin it hell for years now. From Dallas to Austin multiple times. Tx to OK up into Kansas and back with no problems. Get it unstuck then throw it in the tool shed just to have an extra motor that will swap in with no Mods just in case you need it. Its not like thier still making this stuff. PS Lowrider guys still use them as they like original parts alot of the time. You guys have lowriders up there dont ya?

4. Riva B.

Riva B.

If there are lowrider guys up here I sure have never seen one. I'm from AZ where there are lots of 'em.

5. cederholm

cederholm

It could still be frozen rings, but you could pull the oil pan and have a look. If it's like my 53 you can do it without removing the engine.

6. Riva B.

Riva B.

Thank you, I will do that and keep my fingers crossed that I can get it crankin' again. Then the fun task of putting it all back together.

7. Like the other guy said, check the lifters, take the side cover off it.

I got just about $100 for mine at the scrapper and they paid me more because it was already out and loose. I feel kind of bad that I didn't at least open it up for a look inside, but I had bigger fish to fry - I found a one of 200 known to exist car in another yard and wanted to save what I could off that and couldn't wait for someone to come offer me less than scrap for the rest of the engine.

8. fbama73

fbama73

9. Rusty Heaps

Rusty Heaps

like I said, check the lifters for surface rust

10. Truckedup

Truckedup

I recently scrapped a complete running 216,no one wanted it for 30 bucks,scrap was 68 bucks.Scrapped a Chevy 307,no one wanted it for 50 bucks,recycle yard gave me the same money.I got a standard bore 235 block,next up on the executioner's block.....No one wants this stuff around here.

11. big_jae

big_jae

<<<<<< LOWRIDER, HOTRODDER, CAR FUCKING BUILDER!!!

but more of a lowrider lol BARRIO BUILT BOMBS!!