Register now to get rid of these ads!

Whats the stupidest thing you let pass through your hands

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LarzBahrs, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Get married..........................................................

2. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

That doesn't sound so bad but maybe you shoulda said $6000.:D

3. 91Bear

91Bear
    from Boerne, TX

1968 Camaro RS/SS with a 396 for $7950 in 1997. Saw it on a lot in Stephenville, TX as I was passing through. Didn't have the cash and was about 200 miles from home. Should have figured out something!

I did have my camera with me - so I could torment myself for the next umpteen years....

[​IMG]

4. FSTFWD

FSTFWD
    from nebraska

Worst regret of all mine is a 1933 Dodge pickup, with a 426 Hemi, pushbutton automatic, dual quads, vertex magneto. Needed a crank and one cyl. sleeved............$500 my wife at the time wouldn't let me buy it.. Still call him every other year to see if he will sell it, no such luck, still setting in the corner of his shop.

5. bigalturk1

bigalturk1

1- A Good 600 CFM Holley...$25.00
    2- 1957 Chevy Sedan Delivery good shape, but had a 348. I should have purchased it for $300.00.
    3- 1968 GT500KR Convertible in great shape (It looked like the Shelby that Madonna gave Shawn Penn). I swapped even in 1973.......
    For a 1972 Harley Sportster... with a 10" over front end.
    I'm not admitting to another mistake!

6. I posted another line sorry guys i am still new the computer

7. in 1969 I had the chance to buy a 47 ford ragtop for 300 with running 283 glide i told my dad it was just to old i would keep my big block 56 chevy

8. 68 SS Camaro that my dad did a frame up restoration on... he would have sold it to me for for 6 grand. However, I was just out of college and no money at the time and just starting grad school...damn!!!!

9. speedyb

speedyb
    from socal

52,000 miles, almost all orig.paint, 3spd od,[​IMG]

10. Mels 55 Nomad.. previously owned by Scottys Muffler
    A 56 Nomad.. a friend of mines uncle had 3 for sale
    Dirty Ernies 57 nomad(could've traded for a T Bucket we had)

I still just shake my head

11. Graham M

Graham M
    from Calgary AB

'71 Hemi Cuda convertible. 440six pack, 4 speed. Matching numbers and all. when I was 12 I saw it, he wanted $17k for it back then, but I couldn't talk my dad into buying it since he hated yellow for cars, Even though I begged him and cried for him to buy it since I knew its value even back then. It was a total frame off resto. I saw a very (very) similar one sell on Barrett Jackson two years ago for (IIRC) 2.XXX million dollars.

Same build list and everything.... yeah.... I know. Dont say it. :( Probably the worst feeling in the world.

Fuck my life. Quite the return on investment if I didn't know any better, $17k into that much only after 16 years? count me in. I told my dad about the auction price, and he didn't say a word. He just got all quiet.:rolleyes:

12. The Hop Walla

The Hop Walla
    from Dallas

Damn. That one hurts.

dka

13. Von Richthofen

Von Richthofen

This baby, but i still have the frame :D
    i,m thinking of buying a new body and rebuild her.

Attached Files:

14. JMel

JMel

My F-I-L tried to get me into building cars some years ago. He's a big fan of Willys....has had two pickups, one or two panels, and two jeepsters in the past 10 years. He found a Willys truck and bought it...believe that he found it in a creek bed. Said its mine to work on - to start learning and to build a car. Of course, it didn't look like this when it was given to me. I worked on it here and there, did very little - mostly tinkering with a bit of dirty work, nothing major. I decided that i was in over my head, had no idea what i was doing, and abandoned the project.

As i recall, it was on a road trip with the in-laws that we discussed where i thought it was too much, and was more interested in something more simple like a t-bucket or something. Told him that i'm off of it, he can do what he'd like. So, he did...he took over the project and turned it into the attached picture. Sold it 2 or 3 years ago. After he "finished" it, i tried to get it back from him stating that it was still mine - but that didn't work. Didn't get another opertunity until last year when he found my steel '27 Ford body - and i finally had a go at a t-bucket. Didn't abandon that one...was driving it after building it ground up inside of 8 months.

Still loved that Willys - was terribly sad when he said that he sold it. Was the first car that I got to witness being (re)built from ground up in my life. I felt it was a member of the family after watching its growth and progress as it got built. Have only seen it once since he sold it at a local show. I keep hoping it'll make another appearance. In the end, its probably best that i abandoned it....it wouldn't have been near as cool if i had done it. Also, at the time, i wasn't a fan of the flat-bed until he made it one, and i would have never thought of putting a hydrolic lift in there either.

Attached Files:

15. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

1947 Packard Clipper fastback with automatic trans.
    Perfect: $1200, thirty years ago. I had the money.
    Packard lovers then didn't want the "junior" model at all.

You know, the one with the best custom grille ever. Sigh.

16. cl350rr

cl350rr

4 months ago, 1967 econoline 8 door supervan Heavy duty 240/9 inch, no rust, original owner, less than 100k miles... $650...

17. clubcoupe37

clubcoupe37

where do I start...yrs ago I let a very nice '54 ford crestline get away for 5k, also a close to mint '34 ford 5 window for 25k, and my uncle had a '32 Buick Vicky 40 series i think..which would have made a great ride. added to the bucket list of cars i want..

18. goose-em

goose-em
    from Louisiana

Had a girlfriend and was planning to get married. She convinced me to sell my 56 Chev 210 which I had built from the ground up, really fun and really fast.

Needing the money for a more family oriented car, according to her, I let it go for $3k.

Went and put the money down on a Ford Tempo....doh!!!!!!

This was 1991 and the girl and the car are long gone. Miss the car, not the girl.