Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Wheels of Time - Macungie PA. BURNOUTS!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Moloko, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Moloko

Moloko

Even though the weekend of the show was a washout this year, Friday's parade/burnout mayhem was sunny and beautiful.

Here is a video I took of some of the cars. Sorry for a bit too much street rod and muscle car content, but thats what was driving by me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi4-4MKgglI

2. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

WOW:mad: and we wonder why car shows and cruise's get shut down.

3. Gman0046

Gman0046

Every time I see some one doing Burn Out's like that, I'm convinced they must have the I.Q. of an imbecile. Why do they display to others their lack of intelligence?

4. ArtofHotRod

ArtofHotRod

Always a great shot of the license plates so the local officials can prosecute

5. modeleh

modeleh

looks like some people were having fun. but not the guy in the pink gremlin, what a pile of junk.

6. thirdstreettito

thirdstreettito

I appreciate a good burnout contest. Unfortunately, that wasn't one.

Public Street - Strike.
    Terrible burnouts - Strike.
    No safety - Strike.

Three strikes and you're out.

It's different if it's a few friends on a road with little to no traffic, but they chose a main road, not smart.

[/rant]

7. What is the point of doing it in the middle of a busy road? That's just dangerous and all around unnecessary...

8. Moloko

Moloko

Trust me, he was having plenty of fun.

9. Scott F.

Scott F.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=189162&highlight=death+parade
    Click the link above if you think that nothing bad can happen. Someone's father or son or brother or sister or mother is no longer there because of stupidity such as this.
    Stupid.
    Burnouts are cool but you just like anything else, you gotta be smart about it.
    If someone gets killed or hurt in this setting, no one should be surprised.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
  10. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Looks like everything that needs to be said already has been. There's a time and place for this stuff

11. terrarodder

terrarodder
    from EASTERN PA

The Wheels of Time go to a lot of trouble to make this cruise happen, I know I started it. It is nuts like this that will shut it down. He didn't tell you a pro street Camaro burned to the ground early in the cruise doing the same thing in center city. I know I'm just an old fart but this makes no sence to me. I live about 500 feet from where these pictures were taken and I moved back from the edge of the street.

12. Koz

Koz

This kind of stuff just spells doom for any run. The same shit virtually ended Wildwood. It's taken about 10 years now for the cops to back off enough that you can cruise in peace and have a little fun. Adding post '48 was bad enough, soon you won't be able to turn a corner without a cop on your ass.

13. jerseymike

jerseymike

in the middle of public traffic, how fucking stupid!

14. HOT40ROD

HOT40ROD
    from Easton, Pa

Being the retired Fire Offical from the Boro that the rolling cruise goes through. I know the police have tried to stop it in the passed and this does not help. I hope the guys on here from the wheels of time watch this and do something about it before it to late. Some of the cars are not part of the show. nothing newer then 1969 are aloud in.

It a great show and cruise and it only takes a few to wreck it. And yes I know a few of the guys that were doing it and I will have a word with them.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
  15. historynw

historynw

Its all fun & games until someone gets hurt. Believe me I've seen the results. The little goose goose leaving the field is more sedate.

16. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

It sounds like my MOM is typing all those responses , lol !! Each & every one of you has laid down a massive smokey one when you shouldn't have ... and you KNOW IT !! If you say NO , you're a friggin' LIAR :) !
    I agree , in mass amounts like that it could end up spelling trouble , and it shouldn't happen , but you wouldn't be a car guy if you didn't want to show some muscle to a crowd ;) . Peer pressure makes it even tougher to say no . If there were a police car sitting there , it would keep the shenanigans to a minimum , I would think . Until then , it's sure fun to watch (from a distance ;) ) .

17. HOT40ROD

HOT40ROD
    from Easton, Pa

Yes we have all done it. and yes some of the guys spin there wheels along the route. But this year it got out of hand. That guy in the pink gremlin I think either lives there or it a friend of the guy that lives there and in the past they been pretty drunk. If that ass clown would have lost it and took out some people the Wheels of Time would take the hit for it. The think is that car is not aloud in the show and should not have been part of the rolling cruise. I would hate to see something like that ruin it for the club and could end up costing them money. Like I said before it only takes a couple of ass clowns to wreck it for all of use.

I travel down that road for the show and to see how out of control some of the rubber marks were it was only inches from being trouble. And also I never knew that they were stopping traffic and doing with car coming the other way until I seen the video.

How about the guy on the bike behind the van. what if the tire would have blown and hit the guy. And that van made more then one pass.

Also in the pass the Emmuas Police tried to stop the rolling cruise and something like this could give them proof on why it should be stopped.

The other year the Wheels of Times had burn out on the back road of the show and they had control of the event and knew what was going on.

So why should they have to take a hit for something they did not know about but has there name attached to it?

18. Muttley

Muttley

The dude with the Gremlin registered on the HAMB a while back, I remember seeing it in the intro post section.

19. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

I agree, we've all done it and I'm certainly guilty of it myself. Anybody who remembers the burnout pit in the hotel parking lot at the Road Agent's Rumble in Hartford, CT, we used to do HUGE burnouts in among crowds of people. But what I do as a 27 year old is different than what I did as a 18 year old kid, as it should be. I like to think I'm more mature than I used to be, and ignoring peer pressure goes along with that. These guys were taking a big risk for little reward. It's not even a good public road for that kind of stuff.

Look at what happened a week ago in NYC with the Rumbler's show and clowns trying to be hard on motorcycles. And don't forget the wreck in TN that made stuff like this top headline stuff on CNN.

20. Gman0046

Gman0046

He should have registered himself into an Insane Asylum instead. No ADULT in their right mind would be out there tearing up a car they have thousands of dollars in at the urging of a crowd hoping they blow up something.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  21. stevilknievel

stevilknievel

The smart thing would be to take down the video. We have enough crap to deal with trying to put on the show.

22. Glad nobody got hurt. (At least I hope so...)

23. dirtydixon

dirtydixon

It's lame to do burnouts in the middle of traffic.

24. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

yup

25. terrarodder

terrarodder
    from EASTERN PA

No human that I know of, but I heard a local in Emmaus, the town before where this took place, burning out mounted the side walk and rammed a wall. The police followed the water trail to his garage around the corner, not to smart. Also a blown Pro street Camaro burned up in town, I don't know what happened there. Saw the car on a roll back, bad.

26. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

WOW middle of the day with normal cars coming and going.. and stopping right in front of average joe trying to get somewhere. I beat they enjoyed getting their car sprayed with shit as well as smelling the smoke..

I understand the fun in doing a burnout but in the middle of a busy street ????

you can see how nervous the guy on the bike was, hoping someone did not pile into the back of him (because they could not see him through the smoke)

27. Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

What a bunch of friggin' idiots ! Steet burnout are for kids.

Real burnouts are done at a track, where it matters, before a launch.

These ass-clowns may ruin a good show with this crap. :mad:

28. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Yep, not too smart...At a track, you mean race/run the car?..Gees they might break somthin..I couldn't get a friend to take his pro -street camaro to the track afraid of breakage, offered a trailer and got the excuse his truck wouldn't tow it..So I said I would tow it, still nada..Yet he would do burn outs leaving cruise nights, no worry of breakage there..A lot of cruise nights banned him..Its really a matter of who's in charge of policing the area...

29. Scott F.

Scott F.

I'm not sorry for this rant at you. (see how I did that) You accuse me of something and you know nothing about me. Get your mind right. I love burnouts and wish I had a car that could do them but if I could I sure wouldn't do it in a setting like that.

Scott

30. OneBad56

OneBad56

How old are you? 'cause you just don't get it.

A very big show (1500+ rides) in Langley BC (Canada) got shut down because of asinine idiots on the Friday night and at the close of the show on Saturday.
    After major changes, they got the "right" to hold the show again with no activity on Friday night and very limited number of rides for the show.

Because of some other happenings, BC now has a law that you lose your ride for 7 days and you pay big money in fines, towing and storage fees, and that's the first time. If one is stupid enough, it gets tougher until they sell your ride with 50% going to the Gov't and the balance back to the jerk-ass owner.

And yes, I did burnouts when I was much younger but when its was safe to do so (the track or a deserted industrial area street at night).