Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Huge junk yard in Rhode Island "Brant Trail" Pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hitchhiker, Apr 22, 2009.

1. My grandpa sent me this link. I'll repost the original post from the other forum and links from the other website. here it is.

"i saw this on a mustang forum. go to the google maps satellite view and go far back in the woods. lots of mustangs ,60's,50's and some 30's stuff. Grab a snack and take a piss before looking at the pictures." message from my grandfather in the original email.

Largest Mustang Graveyard

Heres the pics I took.

bkl89 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    This guy has collected HUNDREDS of acres of cars! NOBODY knows about this place. Its in the middle of nowhere in RI. The owner is working on CRUSHING all these vintage cars! He has been instructed by the state to get rid of all the cars. It will take years to crush all these cars and the owner is 70 years old. I have no idea what will become of the largest junkyard I have ever seen. Nobody knows of this place. Thousands of these classics will go to waste. Here is mostly mustang pictures I took . There us Hundreds of 64-71 Mutangs. Boss, mach 1, many many convertibles, K codes, fastbacks.. Maybe shelbys? The owner is crazy. He's always drunk is very hard to deal with. He's in another world. He said he personally DROVE nearly all the cars in a field in the 60's-70 and left them there for dead. Many are rusted beyond repair. But there still many parts cars. It will take about two weeks of walking 5 hours a day to see all the cars here. Plus many of them are so buried in overgrown trees and prickers there is no way to see them. I seen a dozen complete 392 hemi cars. This guy refuses to advertise, so nobody knows about it. Believe it or not the guy is still buying cars and driving them in the woods. The last time i was there the owner bought a running 60's mustang and drove it in the woods to be left for dead.

Some people may see these pictures and see this and think this mess is illegal, well it may be, but the state is aware of it and they have ordered him to clean it up. He is cleaning it, just very slowly. He is 70 years old and when he dies or goes fully blind (he is almost blind) The junkyard will be taken over by the state and over 20,000 classic cars will be destroyed. I do not have the owners phone number. He will sell parts or cars, but is hard to deal with and if you go there he will usually walk you to the car you need parts for if he's not too drunk. He will not let you wander around the yard by yourself to look at whatever you want.

I know I will get endless emails about this so I will give you all the info I have right here.

If you want to see this massive junkyard from a map view I found it on google maps. You can see the cars scattered in the woods.
    According to google maps location is called "brant trail". Scroll over from that location and follow the trail of junk in the woods.

Heres a direct link.

Google Maps

If you want to see the yard the address is:

60 weaver hill road
    West Greenwich, RI

According to google maps location is called "brant trail"

Link to original Forum: http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...verything.html

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  2. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

Damn man, that's painful

3. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

I think this has been covered before.

4. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

thats JRS. place..............sad

5. I wouldn't be suprised, but I did a search and didn't come up with anything.

6. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

20 thousand cars..are you sure about that #...that is a lot of cars in one place...

7. 52style

52style

i grew up in rhode island and have known of this place since i was a little kid
    according to my dad who still lives in rhode island this guy really doesnt even own the land but hes been there so long he has squatters rights and the states just waiting for him to croak so they can boot him out

went with my dad there when i was a little kid had to be like 1990 the guy just ran us off

8. 8Flatliner6

8Flatliner6

I live about a mile away from there, but I've never been able to talk him into looking around. I'm hoping that when the gov't. gets their hands on it they have the smarts to auction off the old tin.

here's hoping...

9. VespaJay

VespaJay

10. riverrat

riverrat

if the state is really waiting to take this yard and land, you guys need to get tight with your state representitives and try and steer them in the right direction.

11. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

how can a person own all those cars and not have a clue how to sell them? couple of those mopar muscle cars have vin tags that would be worth some monet even if the car is totally toast.

12. michaelthe9

michaelthe9

I have never seen so much MOPAR carniage in my life. That is indeed a sad thing. So many cool headlight and tail light assemblies waiting to be plucked for the Kustomizers whim.
    Thanks for showing what is happening in the back woods of RI.
    Michael

13. Holy Shnit! That thing is huge! I didnt think anything of it till I scrolled left and right and zoomed in and out on the Google map! After looking at the pic's, I know where all the 68-69 plymouths ended up.:eek: I did see on one of the wind shields a scribble that said "HEMI" & auto...something.

14. Dirtynails

Dirtynails
    from garage

Yeah "Hemi and auto not for sale so suck my....".
    :D:D

15. 66 Shorty

66 Shorty

I know him, he's really tough to deal with! If you don't know him, he won't give you the time of day... Some people say to bring a 12 pack of beer & ask him if you can walk around. I still haven't been able to just stroll through the place & I went to school with his step-kidz...

16. the owner is a friend of mine and yes he drinks but he is a hell of a nice guy his name is Jr carpenter and he is more then willing to sell you any car you want the junk yard is called Highway autoparts it is in West greenwich R.I Takr exit 6 off 95 then take RT 3 south for about a mile.I have bought several car from Jr. over the years.

17. Timmy Z

Timmy Z

hmm..sounds like a lost cause..shame really.

18. ironfly28

ironfly28
    from Orange, CA

You can't get any Monet until you make your Van Gogh:D

19. boomosby

boomosby

how far is this place from dc? do you have any idea of his proces for cadillacs?

20. neonloverrob

neonloverrob
    from newton, ks

I can't find it on Google, too many trees I guess.
    Help everyone out and get these cars sold then. :D

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  21. they are there....but hiding in the trees. If you follow the Brant Trail road where it turns off of Weaver Hill Rd you will find some of it. I think since this was originally posted that Google has updated the satellite images of the area.

22. classicdreamer

classicdreamer
    from nyc
    1. A-D Truckers

back from the dead. Is this place still around?

23. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

its still around but you will notget in. the guy has literally fallen off the deep end and hes a nutty drunk and ive heard he can be quite scary. he has people around who are just as scary who keep an eye on it when hes not around. its been covered a million times onthe HAMB

24. classicdreamer

classicdreamer
    from nyc
    1. A-D Truckers

will he sell anything or is it just going to rot to crap?

25. nickk

nickk

thats a lot of cars... itd take sooo long to get rid of them wether its selling them or crushing them itd have to take years haha imagine having to post each car on craigslist or here or anywhere

26. brewster55

brewster55

if you use google maps to look at the address provided in the first post it shows an empty field.

27. D-n-Tyke

D-n-Tyke

Look across the highway, follow "Brant trail", TONS of cars still showing up on the satellite view. And I am sure a TON more under the trees that you can't see.

28. brewster55

brewster55

ill look again tomorrow. eyes are too tired now.

29. I followed the Brant trail on google a few months ago and saw nothing as well...

30. Reindeer

Reindeer
    from Finland

I just looked and there are cars both sides of the road close to hwy 95.