Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Frog Follies anyone?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sheltonfab, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Gator

Gator

You got Crown? I'll find ya. :D

2. rottenrods

rottenrods

I'm going. Wish I could drive my hot rod but my dad and my son are going and I don't have the room

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  3. bigblockrik

bigblockrik

We are leaving friday night after work.Lay over in louisville see ya all saterday!!!!

4. 33 sd

33 sd

I have been in E'Ville Iron since day one. We are a bunch of hot rodders who like to have a good time. It looks to be a good year. The swap meet is larger than last year. We had to mark off more spaces for parts and cars for sale. Looking for 3800 to 4000 cars. If anybody needs anything thing PM me. Hope to see you here . Thanks Rick Bones

5. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

All packed and ready to leave early tomorrow morning. Weather guy says thunderstorms here and half way across Ohio in the morning :eek:^&*(*&^%&()(
    No windows no fenders and hand operated wiper---FUN FUN FUN!!!:D

6. 48 Poncho

48 Poncho
    from Tennessee

Just a thought! How about going to the public address booth to the right of the food building and asking if they will announce the "HAMB Gathering" for us? Maybe an hour or two before Noon. It might help some of us old farts who have a problem remembering.:D

48 Poncho

7. lobuktruk

lobuktruk
    from Cayuga In.

Does anybody know if you can show up Thurs. for the swap meet and get a space if you are not pre-registered? I've been going to the Frog Follies for about 20 years but have never set up at the swap meet.

8. TT66'

TT66'

Weather is gonna be great all weekend! Sunny in the 80's and 60's at night. Safe travels everyone!

9. Hot Rod Dirty's

Hot Rod Dirty's
    from KY

This will by my first one, looking forward to it, Gary T. , looking forward to seeing your roadster! I think I saw you drive into columbus good guys but never found it again!

10. killer-D

killer-D

Killer Designs will be set up pinstriping .This will be my third year working at this awesome show.Come by my pinstriping booth and say Hi. My wife Nicole and I would love to see old friends and meet new ones.If you would like to have some work done.Come by and look at my book and talk with me.We can do it at the show.Thanks

11. tattooed soul

tattooed soul

Hope they are good. We normally stay at the holiday in right down the road from the show but i have moved our rooms to the sleep in in Hendersonville. We will be getting there tomorrow so i guess we should find out.

12. primed34

primed34

I stay at the Drury on 41. I drive a black '34 Chevy 5 window. Give me a shout.

13. Labold

Labold

I camped last year and may do it again this year since it is going to be cool at night.

14. Good thing I read your post. We're leaving tomorrow morning and would have been really pissed to get stuck in that back-up. Thanks for the tip. [​IMG]

15. paintcan54

paintcan54

Glad I could help, the wife and I are going to run U S Hiway 40 over to Hiway 41 then south. We'll be in her "teal green '41 International pick up" hope to leave Indy around 7:00 to 7:30 am, I hope. Have a safe trip and hope to meet a lot of HAMBers at the meet and greet.

16. Tacson

Tacson

Bobby,
    Have a good time. I thought about going up but gonna save the pennies for my 56' F100. Kerry and Jerry Bush are going to build the frame for me. Are you a picture taker? If so post some pics from the swap meet. I like naturally F100 stuff but Im wide open on anything. Safe Travels to you my friend

17. HotRod33

HotRod33

Gonna go Friday and enjoy the whole weekend.....

18. sheltonfab

sheltonfab
    from Mo

Checkout the people minded prices here at the follies!! [​IMG]

19. I live in the area and have been going since I moved here a few years ago. What a great show again this year. Very well organized and much of the money collected goes for local charities--a win win. Good swap meet and prices seemed a bit more down to earth this year. Just for kicks I purchased an old wood box model T coil for a few bucks--a neat shelf piece if anything. Well attended as usual and I hope the dude whose A pickup was leaking gas all over the place got it patched up (there was an announcement on the PA system). Met a few HAMBers.

20. aar0s

aar0s
    from So.Il.

Im making my Sunday trip tomorrow with my dad, should be a good time!

21. That's what it's about right there. The gouging at some events gets real old. Where at some shows $5 gets you a coke....at the follies you get a whole meal!